Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Software Update

02-07-2020, 01:56 PM   #111
Resonate_1
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM3RTA View Post
Was due to have mine done today but had to cancel so booked in for next Friday.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 03:20 PM   #112
theabbot
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30

How do you get your local dealer to update your software? when I ask mine I get told unless I have a fault and they can claim the cost back from BMW I would have to pay, car is a G20 bought new in September.
Not a happy bunny over this.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 03:48 PM   #113
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330E M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by theabbot View Post
How do you get your local dealer to update your software? when I ask mine I get told unless I have a fault and they can claim the cost back from BMW I would have to pay, car is a G20 bought new in September.
Not a happy bunny over this.
Thanks
So if you’ve had your car since September you’re certainly running old software. If BMW can’t update over the air I’d escalate your request.
My dealership were very helpful and updated mine in a couple of hours back in November.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2020, 03:51 PM   #114
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3 Comp xDrive

Tell them it's glitchy, screen freezes, whatever. It's so stupid that they won't just upgrade it.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2020, 02:00 AM   #115
KMoore
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 320i M Sport

I told them it kept losing connectivity with my phone.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2020, 03:31 AM   #116
OM3RTA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport, Audi A3 2.0 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonate_1 View Post
Was my fault, other half uses the key fob I tend to use the digital card so off i went thinking nothing of it and when i got to the dealership they informed me that i would the key to read the info stored on it, couldn't return to obtain the 2nd fob as never set it up for the car as yet
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2020, 04:16 PM   #117
wolverine4139
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d XDrive

Evening all,

I posted previously about a lack of spotify and caring car in my mar 19 model. This weekend, without any alerts, it popped up in the interface. Software hasn't updated or anything...odd but there is hope for anyone in a similar position...

Now just need to get the calendar and drive recorder app...😀
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 09:07 AM   #118
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G11 730d M-Sport 2018

If I could get my car to stop saying 'I'm preparing voice control for the music search' every time I ask it to play a particular artist or song I'd be happy.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 01:52 PM   #119
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackers View Post
Delivered back from the garage, loaded more updates which fixed the dash problems, now on 11/2019.55
Man, I'm feeling really out of date now!? ;-) I'm on 11.2019.34. Anything worthwhile?

Last time I had a rental car which I dropped back and (after a 2 week gap) for the next 4 weeks had Europcar hassling me to work out where it was (despite admitting they'd picked up the keys). They couldn't answer my simple question of "why did it take you 2 weeks to pick it up, what do you think the dealer might have done with it!?. It was a Citroen C4. Horrible, horrible floaty, plasticky, slow thing. Maybe they burnt it!? ;-)
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 12:06 AM   #120
Blackers
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackers View Post
Delivered back from the garage, loaded more updates which fixed the dash problems, now on 11/2019.55
Man, I'm feeling really out of date now!? ;-) I'm on 11.2019.34. Anything worthwhile?

Last time I had a rental car which I dropped back and (after a 2 week gap) for the next 4 weeks had Europcar hassling me to work out where it was (despite admitting they'd picked up the keys). They couldn't answer my simple question of "why did it take you 2 weeks to pick it up, what do you think the dealer might have done with it!?. It was a Citroen C4. Horrible, horrible floaty, plasticky, slow thing. Maybe they burnt it!? ;-)
Morning Tricky, nothing obvious, just glad the dash is working correctly. If I spot anything I will let you know.

I had a Mercedes GLE from Enterprise whilst the BMW was away, it was their version of like for like vehicle. An interesting experience , glad to get the 330e back.
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2020, 03:23 AM   #121
OM3RTA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport, Audi A3 2.0 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM3RTA View Post
Was my fault, other half uses the key fob I tend to use the digital card so off i went thinking nothing of it and when i got to the dealership they informed me that i would the key to read the info stored on it, couldn't return to obtain the 2nd fob as never set it up for the car as yet
No fix for my odometer problem so far. Was told I need to await input from BMW themselves as the dealership had never seen anything like it.
Was also told I'll need two new rear tires in the very near future so I think I'll jump from RFT's to normal ones, probably PS4's.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 10:23 AM   #122
Jtcrow
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Hi guys, I got a G20 320i during the week and been having update troubles like the rest of you look like you have been.

Did I see someone mention that in a newer version there may be native Spotify, rather through a phone? My version is 03/2019.46. If this is true, I will book in and get it updated asap!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 10:30 AM   #123
Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i RWD M Sport

Garage List
Always worth getting an update if your dealer will do it. You are a few behind. OTA (over the air) software updates are not fully functioning for all yet

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 11:16 AM   #124
Jtcrow
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam the Bam View Post
Always worth getting an update if your dealer will do it. You are a few behind. OTA (over the air) software updates are not fully functioning for all yet
Will do, thanks Tam- quite hard to tell where we are at without a release list
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 08:12 AM   #125
Jtcrow
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtcrow View Post
Will do, thanks Tam- quite hard to tell where we are at without a release list
Booked in at the weekend for complimentary software update. Will report back.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 09:18 AM   #126
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Booked in at the weekend for complimentary software update. Will report back.
I’ve been thinking about this since someone mentioned their dealers refusal to update the cars software.
Why should a dealer installed update be a “Complimentary” service for our circa £40k + cars? Am I expecting too much to assume a request to have the latest software for a new car under warranty installed is the least BMW should do especially as they can’t provide OTA updates and the Portal/ ConnectedDrive efficiency stats( for the 330e at least) hasn’t worked since day 1.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 09:25 AM   #127
Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i RWD M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
I’ve been thinking about this since someone mentioned their dealers refusal to update the cars software.
Why should a dealer installed update be a “Complimentary” service for our circa £40k + cars? Am I expecting too much to assume a request to have the latest software for a new car under warranty installed is the least BMW should do especially as they can’t provide OTA updates and the Portal/ ConnectedDrive efficiency stats( for the 330e at least) hasn’t worked since day 1.
See the post #86 which I put up after having the same thoughts.

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=86

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 09:49 AM   #128
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam the Bam View Post
See the post #86 which I put up after having the same thoughts.

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=86
Tam, to be fair my dealer did the update as soon as I requested it and without delay. This is my sixth BMW and sixteenth year with my dealer so I’d like to think we have a good relationship.
However, if a dealer refused a request or intimated that they were doing me a favour by installing an update on a car under warranty I’d be seriously annoyed and minded to escalate to the dealer principal and then BMW AG if they wouldn’t help
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2020, 02:57 PM   #129
Jtcrow
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Tam, to be fair my dealer did the update as soon as I requested it and without delay. This is my sixth BMW and sixteenth year with my dealer so I’d like to think we have a good relationship.
However, if a dealer refused a request or intimated that they were doing me a favour by installing an update on a car under warranty I’d be seriously annoyed and minded to escalate to the dealer principal and then BMW AG if they wouldn’t help
Absolutely agree- I was ready to kick up a storm if they had tried to charge me for it. I said something like "I assume that as the car is under warranty, that there won't be a charge" to which he replied to say it was "complimentary and they would be getting the cost back for the update via the group" or something like that.

As previously mentioned, I also bought a car with one of the selling points being OTA updates with "new and exciting features", as we all did. I didn't buy a Fiat Panda.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 03:22 PM   #130
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Absolutely agree- I was ready to kick up a storm if they had tried to charge me for it. I said something like "I assume that as the car is under warranty, that there won't be a charge" to which he replied to say it was "complimentary and they would be getting the cost back for the update via the group" or something like that.

As previously mentioned, I also bought a car with one of the selling points being OTA updates with "new and exciting features", as we all did. I didn't buy a Fiat Panda.
it was "complimentary and they would be getting the cost back for the update via the group" or something like that.

Absolutely appalling response to a supposed valued customer. I’m sure it’s like warranty work and any costs are retrieved from BMW AG.
I’d be in two minds to send a strongly worded missive to BMW customer relations informing them of this experience
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 03:47 AM   #131
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
it was "complimentary and they would be getting the cost back for the update via the group" or something like that.

Absolutely appalling response to a supposed valued customer. I’m sure it’s like warranty work and any costs are retrieved from BMW AG.
I’d be in two minds to send a strongly worded missive to BMW customer relations informing them of this experience
Have I missed something? Why do you have a problem with this response?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 05:39 AM   #132
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
Have I missed something? Why do you have a problem with this response?
Because initially they didn’t want to do an update for him then under pressure said that they would do it as a “Complimentary gesture” adding they’ll charge BMW for it.
My dealer had no qualms doing my update and no mention of a cost to dealer.
I just think it’s a shabby attitude to a customer whose invested in their brand/dealership and the car is under warranty.
Maybe I have higher expectations but as I said, my dealer was faultless.
Appreciate 0