First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
Coding Sport+ On G20 w/ Bimmercode

Hi all,

I have been looking for a way to do this for a long time and after thorough research and self experimentation, I have finally arrived at the solution.

All you have to do to enable Sport+ on your G20 is to follow the steps below:

Necessary Tools:
- Bimmercode App (Full Version for 26.99)
- OBDLink MX+

*It is possible that these instructions may not be available to code on the public version of Bimmercode, so you may have to request the TestFlight beta version for this to be available to code.

1. Connect to the vehicle. Make sure your vehicle is in diagnostic mode by pressing start engine stop button 3 times in rapid succession.

2. Go into Body Domain Controller, the loading time is about 5 minutes or so, it takes awhile.

3. Go into Expert Mode (Button on the bottom left).

4. Search for “Sport”. Look for 3221 PfFesMaster.

5. Change FesSportWorldMode1 to SportExpert (Default should be SportDynamic).

6. Press code, after it finishes, you can cycle through with Sport button and get Sport Plus!

Also, if you look into “3221PfFesMaster” you can also get Comfort Plus!

Below is a video of the result of the coding as well as BM3 Stage 1 & Muffler Delete:

Last edited by g20beam; 03-30-2020 at 10:11 PM..
Appreciate 9
VipinLJ1936.50
sanch866.50
mzdial114.50
sbstnc0.00
kretzu1713.00
      02-24-2020, 12:24 AM   #2
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Good lord. If that works tomorrow when I check it out, I’ll be extremely happy! I hate that I don’t have sport+, even if it means it just turns DTC off. The more drive options, the merrier

Edit - I just realised I took a screenshot of all available expert options in BDC a few days ago. I was going through it but I couldn't find the option for sport. I saw the option you mentioned to code comfort+ though. I'll post all of them below. Mine is the Android version.
Attached Images

2017 Audi A7 Prestige

Last edited by VipinLJ; 02-24-2020 at 12:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 11:16 AM   #3
g20beam
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Good lord. If that works tomorrow when I check it out, I’ll be extremely happy! I hate that I don’t have sport+, even if it means it just turns DTC off. The more drive options, the merrier

Edit - I just realised I took a screenshot of all available expert options in BDC a few days ago. I was going through it but I couldn't find the option for sport. I saw the option you mentioned to code comfort+ though. I'll post all of them below. Mine is the Android version.
It turns out Sport Plus is way more than just Sport w/ DTC off. It changes the output of the transmission speed, the output of the exhaust, as well as the aggression of the engine, all of which is way more aggressive than Sport in Sport+. The car changed when I changed into Sport+.
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1936.50
      02-24-2020, 11:19 AM   #4
g20beam
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
The only problem I haven’t figured out is how to enable Sport+ to show in the Sport Driving Mode Control Screen, where you can tap to select Sport or Sport Individual. It may not even be an option, but it may also be possible to get Sport+ configurations for transmission, engine and suspension settings, which would be even better than only having Sport+ coded.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 11:23 AM   #5
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep

Oh wait. It doesn’t show on the screen? But it shows sport+ on the live cockpit? I read about people coding in sport+ on their American 330i using esys. Maybe there’s another change one has to make to get it to show on the idrive? Also, any idea which one I have to go into to make the change?
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 11:28 AM   #6
g20beam
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Oh wait. It doesn’t show on the screen? But it shows sport+ on the live cockpit? I read about people coding in sport+ on their American 330i using esys. Maybe there’s another change one has to make to get it to show on the idrive? Also, any idea which one I have to go into to make the change?
Once you are in BDC, search at the top for “Sport”, when the options show up, scroll down to FesSportWorldMode2 and then just click into that, and change the default option “SportDynamic” to “SportExpert”. Then code, and if you click “Sport” on the center console, you can now cycle through Sport, Sport Plus, and Sport Individual.

There is also “Xtra Boost” under SportExpert, not sure what that is.. Might try it but I’m scared I will overboost since I am on Stsge 1 as well..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 11:32 AM   #7
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by g20beam View Post
Once you are in BDC, search at the top for “Sport”, when the options show up, scroll down to FesSportWorldMode2 and then just click into that, and change the default option “SportDynamic” to “SportExpert”. Then code, and if you click “Sport” on the center console, you can now cycle through Sport, Sport Plus, and Sport Individual.

There is also “Xtra Boost” under SportExpert, not sure what that is.. Might try it but I’m scared I will overboost since I am on Stsge 1 as well..
Unfortunately I don’t have the sport option under expert coding. I posted the only available options in the post above and I can’t see any sport in there.

I believe xtraboost is for the 330e?
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 11:35 AM   #8
g20beam
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Unfortunately I don’t have the sport option under expert coding. I posted the only available options in the post above and I can’t see any sport in there.

I believe xtraboost is for the 330e?
You are correct, I just searched it and it is for 330e.

Sorry, I’m guessing with Android you cannot search at the top, so just scroll down to 3221 PfFesMaster and you will find the Sport settings in there. After going into 3221 PfFesMaster, find FesSportWorldMode2.
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1936.50
      02-24-2020, 11:43 AM   #9
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep

Thank you very much! I’ll check that out as soon as I can and post what happens on here.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 01:34 PM   #10
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep

Lunch break well spent Coded sport + but like g20beam said, can't get it to show up on my idrive. But it doesn't matter for now
There was a slight difference for me compared to for g20beam.

Bimmercode -> BDC -> Expert -> 3221 PfFesMaster -> FesSportWorldMode1 -> SportExpert -> Code

That activated sport plus on the live cockpit for me. One click on sport button goes to sport. Second click takes it to sport plus. Third click takes it to sport individual.

Coding gave me a parking light error but it went away after I turned the car off and on again.

I haven't driven it in sport plus but I'm looking forward to it when I head back home. Also, sport plus doesn't seem to turn off DTC in my car. The DTC off message doesn't show up on the live cockpit.
Attached Images

2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 3
sanch866.50
mzdial114.50
MM20.00
      02-24-2020, 01:44 PM   #11
g20beam
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
I’m astounded that this worked, crazy how different it is to enable Sport Plus compared to Fxx Chassis. Maybe similar in Esys, but on Bimmercode, I’m pretty sure this is much different than Fxx Chassis where there is an option to code ICM in order to enable Sport Plus.

I guess the platform really has been updated from F to G generation, even on the coding side.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 02:17 PM   #12
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I’m astounded that this worked, crazy how different it is to enable Sport Plus compared to Fxx Chassis. Maybe similar in Esys, but on Bimmercode, I’m pretty sure this is much different than Fxx Chassis where there is an option to code ICM in order to enable Sport Plus.

I guess the platform really has been updated from F to G generation, even on the coding side.
Yes. I actually did a google search a few days back on how it was coded in the F series platform. I realised that the F series had ICM which our cars didn’t have (on the app at least) and had given up hopes of being able to code it via bimmercode. Thanks to you, that has been possible too
2017 Audi A7 Prestige

Last edited by VipinLJ; 03-29-2020 at 12:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 02:39 PM   #13
pneumodoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20, G01

Quote:

I just did this but since my instrument cluster is the m style one it doesn’t say sport plus anywhere so not totally sure if it worked. May do some exploring by changing the cluster back to see if there is a discrepancy between I drive and the live cockpit.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 03:05 PM   #14
JSaid
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i xDrive

Are the exhaust pops a lot more prominent and is acceleration better? If so I'll be ordering the obd tool and doing this ASAP😁
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 03:12 PM   #15
Crazy Penguin
Banned
Rep
Drives: Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneumodoc View Post
Quote:

I just did this but since my instrument cluster is the m style one it doesn’t say sport plus anywhere so not totally sure if it worked. May do some exploring by changing the cluster back to see if there is a discrepancy between I drive and the live cockpit.
Thats one of the main reasons I stuck with the alpina
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 03:13 PM   #16
Crazy Penguin
Banned
Rep
Drives: Jet Black

Quote:
Lunch break well spent Coded sport + but like g20beam said, can't get it to show up on my idrive. But it doesn't matter for now
There was a slight difference for me compared to for g20beam.

Bimmercode -> BDC -> Expert -> 3221 PfFesMaster -> FesSportWorldMode1 -> SportExpert -> Code

That activated sport plus on the live cockpit for me. One click on sport button goes to sport. Second click takes it to sport plus. Third click takes it to sport individual.

Coding gave me a parking light error but it went away after I turned the car off and on again.

I haven't driven it in sport plus but I'm looking forward to it when I head back home. Also, sport plus doesn't seem to turn off DTC in my car. The DTC off message doesn't show up on the live cockpit.
And isnt the exclamation point indicating traction off?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 03:18 PM   #17
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneumodoc View Post
Ah yes. I do remember someone saying the drive modes don’t pop up in the M style cluster. It probably works. Just that you can’t notice it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSaid View Post
Are the exhaust pops a lot more prominent and is acceleration better? If so I'll be ordering the obd tool and doing this ASAP😁
No idea. I haven’t driven the car yet and it’s raining here and my car is clean. So I probably won’t be taking her out today. Took the SQ5 instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Penguin View Post
And isnt the exclamation point indicating traction off?
No. That was for the error I mentioned. The parking light error. It went away after I turned it back off and on again. I didn’t take a photo then (took the pic before I turned it off and on).
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 06:32 PM   #18
g20beam
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
I have a muffler delete w/ Stage 1 tune and the difference between Sport and Sport+ is tremendous. Much more aggressive exhaust (burbles) and transmission is sharper, gears hold much better in Sport+, also shifting is ever so slightly faster, and downshifts are way more aggressive.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 06:34 PM   #19
g20beam
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
I have a muffler delete w/ Stage 1 tune and the difference between Sport and Sport+ is tremendous. Much more aggressive exhaust (burbles) and transmission is sharper, gears hold much better in Sport+, also shifting is ever so slightly faster, and downshifts are way more aggressive.
Just to add to that, while all of that has changed, I’ve noticed the suspension also adapts and turns are way more stable than in sport.. maybe it’s because the gears are downshifting quicker when you make that turn so it seems smoother, and that the suspension hasn’t really changed.. I’m not entirely sure.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 07:16 PM   #20
hamzag20
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i, BMW G30 540i

Quote:
Quote:
Regarding ur muffler delete, can we see a pic of ur exhaust setup because I wanna look at your setup and compare to mine as I also have a muffler delete?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 07:55 PM   #21
JSaid
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Just to add to that, while all of that has changed, I’ve noticed the suspension also adapts and turns are way more stable than in sport.. maybe it’s because the gears are downshifting quicker when you make that turn so it seems smoother, and that the suspension hasn’t really changed.. I’m not entirely sure.
I'm sold time to get on amazon lmao. One more thing, I can always code it back when bringing in for service right?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 08:39 PM   #22
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm sold time to get on amazon lmao. One more thing, I can always code it back when bringing in for service right?
You don't need to code it back. Let it be as is

So. Take the car out in the rain and risk getting it dirty or keep it parked till Thursday when the snow hopefully clears up? I can always clean the car and the call of the sport plus mode was inescapable.

TL;DR - Sport plus is not a placebo effect. It definitely works.

I've coded my car to start in sport individual mode. I drove around for a little while in it and remembered how the car shifted and throttle reacted. Went to sport plus and car definitely shifts faster/aggressively. Downshifts are the most noticeable. It shifts slightly harsh, which I like. Throttle felt slightly more responsive. Placebo effect? I don't think so. I did test by keeping my eyes on the road and pressing the sport button a few times till I forgot which mode (sport/sport plus/sport individual) it was on. And then I paid attention to the gearshifts and throttle. I could tell when I was in sport plus vs when I was in the other modes. And the exhaust does seem to pop and crackle more in sport plus.
So grateful to g20beam for posting this on here.

To anyone with bimmercode. If you haven't coded sport plus, absolutely do.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 1
g20beam467.50