Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Any way to track your BMW build for Australia?

03-24-2020, 04:05 PM   #111
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitan View Post
Ah thats great
Where are you ordering the plastics inserts from?
I ordered all of it from AliExpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/...=4000296417757

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...27424c4dNGI1IE

And some USB c cables.
Can’t vouch for the quality of any of these!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 04:06 PM   #112
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Hi SteveAus.

I was actually referring to Slideit's "What can I do while I am waiting comment" for his 330i

But thanks for that, thats great input.

For the Blackvue do you have the backup battery installed for parking?
I am just worried that without installing the additional battery it will do funny things to the bmw electronics.

There is a new version of the dashcam out with built in SIM card

https://www.blackvue.com/dr750-2ch-lte/

Should be good, then you don't need a wifi hotspot active when remotely viewing your car when parked.

Will definitely look for Opticoat in Sydney

Wow carpeted walls, I wish I had that

Ah a tennis ball , yes thats a great idea.

Thanks for the insurance tips I will investigate.
Hi Firetitan,
Yes, I use a Cellink Neo battery with the Blackvues. It provides longer parking recording than the Black Magic Pro and also doesn’t interfere with the BMW battery and Auto Start Stop.
When I originally used a BMP it ran the battery down to the point where ASS would not work until the battery had been fully recharged. It never affected starting the car, but annoyed me that the ASS would not work properly.
The Cellink Neo alleviates these issues.
The DR900S is a newer version than the 750 that you quoted, with higher resolution for the cameras. I haven’t installed this yet. It’s still sitting in a box waiting for the car to arrive. I understand that it sends data to the cloud so you can access and record the vehicle’s location at all times. However, this is an add-on that costs around US$ 10.00 per month. I believe the 750 is also compatible with Blackvue over the cloud.
      03-24-2020, 04:38 PM   #113
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

Hey SteveAus , it looks like Prominent Ace finally left Melbourne early this morning... delayed yet again

Is there any movement on your car on the Prixcar website?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 04:42 PM   #114
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
I see this morning that the Prominent Ace has unloaded in Melbourne and is now on its way to Port Kemble. PBJ......I can see the grin on your face from here!!!

I have tried tracking my car via Prixcar.com.au, but I can’t see any movement.
All I know is that it is priority 3, which is a customer car and is the highest priority.
Yesterday my dealer spoke with me and is attempting to have the car delivered to me on 8th April, just before the Easter break. Fingers crossed!
      03-24-2020, 06:15 PM   #115
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
I see this morning that the Prominent Ace has unloaded in Melbourne and is now on its way to Port Kemble. PBJ......I can see the grin on your face from here!!!
Haha so true! I'm part grinning and slightly worried as the delays keep getting us closer and closer to an eventual lockdown. We'd better get our cars before then!

Quote:
I have tried tracking my car via Prixcar.com.au, but I can't see any movement.
All I know is that it is priority 3, which is a customer car and is the highest priority.
Yesterday my dealer spoke with me and is attempting to have the car delivered to me on 8th April, just before the Easter break. Fingers crossed!
Oh good, I didn't know what the priority numbers meant and thought lower numbers like 1 were higher priority. Good to know that's not the case, phew!

From my research (tracking my old 340i) and with looking up VINs of cars from carsales lol, prixcar can take about 3-5 days to turn a car around. Then it's about 3-5 days for your dealer for their predelivery work. What I don't know is how long it takes prixcar to move the car from the ship/port to their compound. I imagine 0-2 days. Let's see if your car moves!

It's great to know I'm not crazy for tracking the car with such scrutiny. Or maybe we're all crazy
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 06:59 PM   #116
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ View Post
Haha so true! I'm part grinning and slightly worried as the delays keep getting us closer and closer to an eventual lockdown. We'd better get our cars before then!

Oh good, I didn't know what the priority numbers meant and thought lower numbers like 1 were higher priority. Good to know that's not the case, phew!

From my research (tracking my old 340i) and with looking up VINs of cars from carsales lol, prixcar can take about 3-5 days to turn a car around. Then it's about 3-5 days for your dealer for their predelivery work. What I don't know is how long it takes prixcar to move the car from the ship/port to their compound. I imagine 0-2 days. Let's see if your car moves!

It's great to know I'm not crazy for tracking the car with such scrutiny. Or maybe we're all crazy
PBJ,
Thanks for the info on vehicle turn around times.
Using the maximum times you quoted, my car should be ready to be delivered on 6th or 7th April. That would be perfect for me as I would be able to get the paint protection and window tinting completed before Good Friday.
Once again, fingers crossed!
      03-24-2020, 10:35 PM   #117
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

Quote:
Hi Firetitan,
Yes, I use a Cellink Neo battery with the Blackvues. It provides longer parking recording than the Black Magic Pro and also doesn’t interfere with the BMW battery and Auto Start Stop.
When I originally used a BMP it ran the battery down to the point where ASS would not work until the battery had been fully recharged. It never affected starting the car, but annoyed me that the ASS would not work properly.
The Cellink Neo alleviates these issues.
The DR900S is a newer version than the 750 that you quoted, with higher resolution for the cameras. I haven’t installed this yet. It’s still sitting in a box waiting for the car to arrive. I understand that it sends data to the cloud so you can access and record the vehicle’s location at all times. However, this is an add-on that costs around US$ 10.00 per month. I believe the 750 is also compatible with Blackvue over the cloud.

Ah thanks Steve , good to know so the 750 is a lower resolution version.
Ah thats the catch a monthly fee !!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 12:23 AM   #118
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideit View Post
I ordered all of it from AliExpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/...=4000296417757

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...27424c4dNGI1IE

And some USB c cables.
Can’t vouch for the quality of any of these!
Ooh those rubber inserts are lovely !! I will order as well, good find
Have you ordered from this web site before? and do they take postal addresses
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 12:34 AM   #119
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Ooh those rubber inserts are lovely !! I will order as well, good find
Have you ordered from this web site before? and do they take postal addresses
I've ordered lost of cheap stuff. Cables, watches, screen protectors. Don't think I've had a problem, except for a weight lifting belt that fell apart after a few months. I contacted the seller and it turns out the thing had a 1 month warranty

I've used both home address and post office pick up.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 03:46 AM   #120
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideit View Post
I've ordered lost of cheap stuff. Cables, watches, screen protectors. Don't think I've had a problem, except for a weight lifting belt that fell apart after a few months. I contacted the seller and it turns out the thing had a 1 month warranty

I've used both home address and post office pick up.
Ah excellent , thanks for that, I will give it a go.
Appreciate 1
Slideit49.00
      03-25-2020, 04:15 PM   #121
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i ,17 Impreza,16 Pulsar

Quote:
PBJ,
Thanks for the info on vehicle turn around times.
Using the maximum times you quoted, my car should be ready to be delivered on 6th or 7th April. That would be perfect for me as I would be able to get the paint protection and window tinting completed before Good Friday.
Once again, fingers crossed!
Steve the excitement is getting unreal
ive been tracking the vessel all day
the stats says it arrives in Port Kembla 7pm tonight. so hopefully it can be off the next day and in Prixcars hands..

i called my dealer to and they said they have mine on high priority too lets see if this is true when they give me a confirmed pick up date
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 05:02 PM   #122
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlo238 View Post
Steve the excitement is getting unreal
ive been tracking the vessel all day
the stats says it arrives in Port Kembla 7pm tonight. so hopefully it can be off the next day and in Prixcars hands..

i called my dealer to and they said they have mine on high priority too lets see if this is true when they give me a confirmed pick up date
Vlo238,
I don’t want to burst your bubble, but in my experience, events don’t seem to come to pass as quickly as we would want.
In my case, my car arrived 24th March and its current status is “location not known”. That is, it has not made it to Prixcar yet. I assume it is still with customs.
Being generally optimistic, a curse of being a geologist , I am hoping I will see some movement today and a booking for forward delivery to Adelaide. Its consignment status is currently “unbooked” according to the Prixcar website.
      03-25-2020, 05:09 PM   #123
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Vlo238,
I don’t want to burst your bubble, but in my experience, events don’t seem to come to pass as quickly as we would want.
In my case, my car arrived 24th March and its current status is “location not known”. That is, it has not made it to Prixcar yet. I assume it is still with customs.
Being generally optimistic, a curse of being a geologist , I am hoping I will see some movement today and a booking for forward delivery to Adelaide. Its consignment status is currently “unbooked” according to the Prixcar website.
Steve, we can only pray and try to be positive. as you can see to contain the excitement of anew car is really hard. i know with whats going on with the world and delays i can only have positive wishful thinking it will be in my hands shortly.

once i receive the car its will be driven to have some work done so will loose it again for a few days....
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 09:57 PM   #124
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah it's not looking like cars move as quickly once they're in the port. From research, it looks like it takes 2 full business days to clear customs and that the car moves on the third full day after docking.

So for example SteveAus's car will only leave tomorrow to prixcar.

For us NSW people, looks like we'll see movement next on Tuesday 31 March

Also apparently priority 3 is low, there's 2 and 1 which your dealer can always request. I asked mine to, given that it's likely we'll be in lockdown soon, but it doesn't look like they've done it.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 01:00 AM   #125
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
My car has now moved to Prixcar today 26th March.
Expected delivery in Adelaide is 6th April......10 days to drive from Melbourne to Adelaide.....WTF!
I’ve asked the dealer to try and expedite this earlier as I have a booking for paint protection, window tinting, etc on 9th April.....last day before the Easter weekend and possibly the last day before a potential lockdown.
Once again.......fingers crossed!
      03-26-2020, 02:31 AM   #126
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Expected delivery in Adelaide is 6th April......10 days to drive from Melbourne to Adelaide.....WTF!
I’ve asked the dealer to try and expedite this earlier as I have a booking for paint protection, window tinting, etc on 9th April.....last day before the Easter weekend and possibly the last day before a potential lockdown.

Hi Steve ..coming soon !!

Just a quick question, your Cellink Neo battery, where will you put it in your car , under the seat?, what is the best position ? Just doing some research now.
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 08:06 AM   #127
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I've asked the dealer to try and expedite this earlier as I have a booking for paint protection, window tinting, etc on 9th April.....last day before the Easter weekend and possibly the last day before a potential lockdown.
Woohoo, I mean that 10 days is a bit ridiculous but at least it's under control now. Mine only just arrived in Port Kembla this evening. I reckon it's still only going to leave for Prixcar on Tuesday next week. I hope mine arrives well before Easter, and definitely before a lockdown!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 11:36 AM   #128
vlo238
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ View Post
Quote:
I've asked the dealer to try and expedite this earlier as I have a booking for paint protection, window tinting, etc on 9th April.....last day before the Easter weekend and possibly the last day before a potential lockdown.
Woohoo, I mean that 10 days is a bit ridiculous but at least it's under control now. Mine only just arrived in Port Kembla this evening. I reckon it's still only going to leave for Prixcar on Tuesday next week. I hope mine arrives well before Easter, and definitely before a lockdown!
PBJ,
We are on the same boat I hope we both receive our new rides shortly... the wait is unreal and just like Steve's I hope we get it earlier as I got some work to be done as well, really hope I can get it soon so the after works can be done before it's in my full possession.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 03:58 PM   #129
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Just a quick question, your Cellink Neo battery, where will you put it in your car , under the seat?, what is the best position ? Just doing some research now.
Thanks.
I’m not absolutely sure at the moment as I do not have the car in my possession. However, I plan to locate the battery either behind the right hand panel in the boot, close to the car battery, or under the front passenger seat. I’ll assess the optimum position when I’m able to get my hands on the car.
      03-26-2020, 04:01 PM   #130
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
PBJ and Vlo238,
Your excitement is palpable! Deep breaths!
Patience, patience, patience...........not long now.
I do hope you get your beasts before the Easter weekend.
Good luck to both of you
      03-26-2020, 04:16 PM   #131
Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
PBJ and Vlo238,
Your excitement is palpable! Deep breaths!
Patience, patience, patience...........not long now.
I do hope you get your beasts before the Easter weekend.
Good luck to both of you
I can barely breathe I'm so excited! But also I don't want to get disappointed so I'm going to assume a worst case scenario of it being locked down! I do hope all of our cars arrive before Easter

I was planning on doing the following to mine:
- Paint protection film
- Ceramic coating for exterior
- Interior protection

With the PPF, I'm not so sure about it this time around as I don't think I'll be driving around too far for a while!

By the way, interior protection is super easy to DIY. I just bought some leather ceramic coating stuff for my new sofa and applied it. Really wasn't all that hard. In case any of you guys were thinking that, go for it. I may still go professional as I have ivory white seats!

Ceramic coating is a no brainer. However there are a few options nowadays: plain ceramic coat, wet look (glossier) and self healing. They vary in price quite dramatically. I need to reign it in haha
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 04:20 PM   #132
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Thanks.
Firetitan,
You might also consider getting a tamper proof fitting for the Blackvue.
The reason being that I was very annoyed by BMW mechanics disconnecting (pulling the power cable) the dash cam during road testing after a service. The whole point of dashcams is to record data while driving.
I was cited by my dealer that it is illegal to record people without their permission. But I always stipulate that my car is fitted with dashcams and audio recording can be switched off with a single tap on the left hand side of the front camera.
During the first service on the car the mechanics were speeding through a 60 kph zone and were somewhat derogatory with regard to the, then new, F30 335i (sure, everyone is allowed to voice their opinions). It was the heavy acceleration and speeding in a 60 kph zone that bothered me most.