Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) Center Console Safe & Dog Seat Cover

09-15-2020, 05:03 AM   #1
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Center Console Safe & Dog Seat Cover

Two complete opposite questions, but here we go...

Has anyone seen or have a safe insert for their center console? I would like to have some more secure lockable storage that’s accessible from the driver’s seat. Taking that further, has anyone seen any sort of trunk safe or lockable storage? I don’t have a spare if that makes a difference.

Also, I purchased a new dog hammock for my backseat on Amazon to put in my g20. I love it, since it’s got a nice, heavy mesh window where the rear seat A/C vents are located. However, the hammock seems too large and “frumpy” for the backseat. Unfortunately, it was the smallest size they had. Can anyone recommend a good seat cover or hammock for the back that also allows for the air conditioning vents to be unobstructed. My dog would probably eat my jugular overnight if I took that away! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 12:03 PM   #2
jeegunkim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive, 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
Two complete opposite questions, but here we go...

Has anyone seen or have a safe insert for their center console? I would like to have some more secure lockable storage that’s accessible from the driver’s seat. Taking that further, has anyone seen any sort of trunk safe or lockable storage? I don’t have a spare if that makes a difference.

Also, I purchased a new dog hammock for my backseat on Amazon to put in my g20. I love it, since it’s got a nice, heavy mesh window where the rear seat A/C vents are located. However, the hammock seems too large and “frumpy” for the backseat. Unfortunately, it was the smallest size they had. Can anyone recommend a good seat cover or hammock for the back that also allows for the air conditioning vents to be unobstructed. My dog would probably eat my jugular overnight if I took that away! Thanks!
Nice, which hammock did you get for your dog?

I just got this one - https://houndhammock.com/products/hound-hammock
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 10:07 AM   #3
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep

I got this one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I love the product, but it's just slightly too wide for the back seat. The mesh window is AWESOME for a dog that needs the extra A/C blowing in, which is why I picked this product.

The one you sent is a beefed up version from the Amazon one I got...I might have to give ti a try. Does it fit pretty well back there? The one I got seems more fitting (no pun intended) for an SUV.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 11:15 AM   #4
jeegunkim
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I got this one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I love the product, but it's just slightly too wide for the back seat. The mesh window is AWESOME for a dog that needs the extra A/C blowing in, which is why I picked this product.

The one you sent is a beefed up version from the Amazon one I got...I might have to give ti a try. Does it fit pretty well back there? The one I got seems more fitting (no pun intended) for an SUV.
Same! That mesh window was the selling point for me.

Not sure, the cover hasn't arrived yet.

Damn, if you're saying the one you ordered is too wide, the one I got will definitely be even wider. The width on yours is 17", mine is 19.3" so it will definitely be really wide. I'll let you know how it fits once I get it!
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2020, 08:09 AM   #5
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeegunkim View Post
Same! That mesh window was the selling point for me.

Not sure, the cover hasn't arrived yet.

Damn, if you're saying the one you ordered is too wide, the one I got will definitely be even wider. The width on yours is 17", mine is 19.3" so it will definitely be really wide. I'll let you know how it fits once I get it!

The width I can live with, but my concern with mine is the mesh window height. The window extends down, and exposes the seat about 2-3". I end up putting a towel folded over itself under the cover over the middle portion of the back seat. It does give me a peace of mind that the claws won't go through the mesh and scratch up the seat. I am happy with it outside of the window. When I had my G05, someone posted over in that thread about these fancy seat covers. They were over $400 for the G05, but basically covered all exposed portions (including door panels) of the rear seats and cargo area.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 08:15 AM   #6
jeegunkim
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The width I can live with, but my concern with mine is the mesh window height. The window extends down, and exposes the seat about 2-3". I end up putting a towel folded over itself under the cover over the middle portion of the back seat. It does give me a peace of mind that the claws won't go through the mesh and scratch up the seat. I am happy with it outside of the window. When I had my G05, someone posted over in that thread about these fancy seat covers. They were over $400 for the G05, but basically covered all exposed portions (including door panels) of the rear seats and cargo area.
Gotcha, I'll have to see if mine does the same once it comes in, will keep you posted!
Appreciate 0