Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK 330e delivery halt

09-29-2020, 08:12 AM   #243
heythereleslie
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osxboy View Post
Great news let’s hope the others in the queue are also being repaired.
I do hope so. After speaking to dealership a couple of weeks ago, I wasn't expecting mine to be delivered for another month or so. Hopefully this provides some hope for everyone else in the same position.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 04:58 AM   #244
DanAdam2
Rep
Drives: 330e 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiagoRibeiro View Post
Hi, in Portugal my new 530e is still on hold, and waiting for approval to get a license plate since the beginning of the month... BMW Portugal isn't disclosing minimum information... Do you know if there's some sort of central customer service where my questions could be escalated to? I've already sent a dm to the bmw twitter account, again with no reply... Thanks
Tiago, based on what I have read so far on this forum and other places, there seems be no such place. In my case it was the dealership chasing after BMW Ireland and BMW UK to get as much info as they could. The bottleneck was BMW Germany, though.

It looks that the cars need to be tested at a distribution centre, but typically there is no timescale for the action. With over 4000 cars (or 2000 if they were able to exclude some) affected by the delivery halt it will take a while.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 10:18 AM   #245
AD2020
Private
Rep
Drives: 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanAdam2 View Post
Tiago, based on what I have read so far on this forum and other places, there seems be no such place. In my case it was the dealership chasing after BMW Ireland and BMW UK to get as much info as they could. The bottleneck was BMW Germany, though.

It looks that the cars need to be tested at a distribution centre, but typically there is no timescale for the action. With over 4000 cars (or 2000 if they were able to exclude some) affected by the delivery halt it will take a while.
I was told early on that it was originally 4000 cars involved and that shortly afterwards that number was revised down to about 1000.
Don’t know whether that was fact or fiction, it came from the dealer.

I believe for the UK and possibly Ireland that cars were going back to Killingholme where they arrive from Germany. I think the site is operated by GBA as detailed here https://www.gbagroup.com/blog/gba-ex...ical-services/
This ties in with the Postcode (DN40 3DZ) seen on my lease company fitted tracker.

I have just checked the BMW recall site and my VIN Number now returns just the technical enhancement code;

“There is an open technical enhancement on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle selecting "service as required" or contact your local retailer here for more information. Enhancement code 0061430500”

The previous safety recall message has now disappeared.

I don’t know whether this is progress or not, according to the tracker the car hasn’t moved since last Thursday. It had been there since Tuesday 22nd.

It would be nice if somebody at the dealer or BMW UK would give me any of this information, rather than me having to go all “inspector Clouseau” myself!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 10:27 AM   #246
TheDazzler
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD2020 View Post
I was told early on that it was originally 4000 cars involved and that shortly afterwards that number was revised down to about 1000.

I believe for the UK and possibly Ireland that cars were going back to Killingholme where they arrive from Germany. I think the site is operated by GBA as detailed here https://www.gbagroup.com/blog/gba-ex...ical-services/
This ties in with the Postcode (DN40 3DZ) seen on my lease company fitted tracker.

I have just checked the BMW recall site and my VIN Number now returns just the technical enhancement code;

“There is an open technical enhancement on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle selecting "service as required" or contact your local retailer here for more information. Enhancement code 0061430500”

I don’t know whether this is progress or not, according to the tracker the car hasn’t moved since last Thursday. It had been there since Tuesday 22nd.

It would be nice if somebody at the dealer or BMW UK would give me any of this information, rather than me having to go all “inspector Clouseau” myself!
I know what you mean. I have had to chase up everything myself. In other news I got my registration details today and the car as at the dealership. I'm now days away.........hopefully.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 01:49 AM   #247
mickgfd
Rep
Drives: 320D ED Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by heythereleslie View Post
Was basically told the same thing by my dealership in Northants. Car on its way back to Distribution Centre, although they wouldn't be drawn on a timescale. Your post has provided me with some reassurance about the length of time its going to take.
So, 3 weeks since my car was sent back to Doncaster and I have absolutely no news! I was hopeful of a reasonably quick turnaround once it was uplifted from Sytner Sheffield, but I’ve heard hardly anything since. Good to see that some of you are receiving your cars though.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 04:58 AM   #248
Aitch73
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Don't know whether that was fact or fiction, it came from the dealer.

"There is an open technical enhancement on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle selecting "service as required" or contact your local retailer here for more information. Enhancement code 0061430500"

I don't know whether this is progress or not, according to the tracker the car hasn't moved since last Thursday. It had been there since Tuesday 22nd.

It would be nice if somebody at the dealer or BMW UK would give me any of this information, rather than me having to go all "inspector Clouseau" myself!
Same situation here!

I originally had two recall messages that disappeared as the work was carried out. Then after chasing up again the latest enhancement code appeared on the BMW recall site. I've got no information or communication of how long this latest notice will take. I do know it's basically to replace the charging cable.

Managed to get these details from the dealer.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 06:15 AM   #249
Osxboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G21 320d

Provisional delivery date of tomorrow but no comms from the dealer or LeasePlan so I’m waiting to see if they actually contact me or if I just get a generic email with a new provisional date.

About to escalate to our internal fleet team as the car has now been sat at the dealer since 31st July with no proactive comms at all.

Last edited by Osxboy; 10-01-2020 at 07:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 08:45 AM   #250
heythereleslie
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickgfd View Post
So, 3 weeks since my car was sent back to Doncaster and I have absolutely no news! I was hopeful of a reasonably quick turnaround once it was uplifted from Sytner Sheffield, but I’ve heard hardly anything since. Good to see that some of you are receiving your cars though.
Not good mate. Mine's (apparently) being delivered on Tuesday so had some good news this week. Fingers crossed yours will be soon too.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 10:26 AM   #251
Kebab
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW (G20) 330E M Sport

Car Finally Delivered!

Good afternoon,

Great news, my car was delivered on Tuesday. There were no issues at all. It was definitely worth the wait, albeit longer than expected!

I shall be doing a Lands End to John O'Groats trip in a couple of weeks in it. 2000 miles in 3 days, road trip fun!

I hope everyone who is waiting for their cars isn't held up for much longer, its a brilliant car!

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab View Post
Good morning,

I have been following this whole thread with great interest, it has kept me sane whilst BMW & my leasing company (Zentih) were behaving like two companies who have never exchanged any information. The following is a sit rep of my journey with this now infamous G20 330e.

Car ordered via Zenith in Lat Feb, it was a real nightmare, but, Sytner corporate were excellent with finding me a build slot. The car was due to be delivered on July the 20th, but, Covid affected the factory production and the order was revised, and re-prioritised to be built on the same day I was originally due to receive the keys. The car was in fact built on the 20th of July. Sytner advised that I should receive the car by the 10th of August. I contacted them that week and was advised that the fleet was delayed and to expect it by the 21st of August. During this period there was zero communication from my leasing company. However, I was undettered as the Sytner team were keeping me abreast of the situation. On the 19th of August, I contacted Sytner and was advised of the PHEV recall and told that there is no timeline for resolution. I decided to not revisit this for at least a month. 18th of September, multiple calls made to Sytner, messages left, no response from corporate sales team, I became frustrated and contacted the leasing company, they had no idea about the recall and were thanking me for the information. I asked what my options were in this situation and was told to expect an email (not received). 22nd of September, I received a call from Sytner BMW Leicester, the account manager stated that my vehicle is ready and will be delivered via transporter on the 29th. I have since received all my insurance and other documentation from the leasing company.

Hopefully, no further issues will surface and the car is delivered on Tuesday. I shall update you in due course.
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2020, 01:57 PM   #252
TheDazzler
Rep

Quote:
Not good mate. Mine's (apparently) being delivered on Tuesday so had some good news this week. Fingers crossed yours will be soon too.
I have a confirmed delivery for Monday morning. Great to see the cars finally coming through for everyone.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 02:30 PM   #253
AD2020
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aitch73 View Post
Same situation here!

I originally had two recall messages that disappeared as the work was carried out. Then after chasing up again the latest enhancement code appeared on the BMW recall site. I've got no information or communication of how long this latest notice will take. I do know it's basically to replace the charging cable.

Managed to get these details from the dealer.
Thanks, very useful to know what the codes mean!

I had a phone call from the dealer today, they confirmed that my car had now gone back to BMW, which I already knew from the tracker.
No commitment on when I would see it, beyond the observation that the first cars they had sent back, had just been returned to them.
They reckoned they had take two weeks to turn around.
Discussed the codes on the BMW recall site and they commented that they thought the remaining code showing, relates to replacing the charging cable.
Indicated that would take a day from ordering the part.

Sounds like I’m getting closer!

After taking the call I checked the tracker and it had moved again, the first time it has moved since the 24th.
I’m hoping it’s onto a transporter for delivery back to the dealer, rather than the butty run!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 05:42 PM   #254
stoneiam
Registered
Rep
Drives: i3-->330e

330e no sale

so I was supposed to pick up my car yesterday but was told not to come in due to the stop-sale. I'm in the US. Anyone have an update on this from BMW NA? Dealership seems lost and doesn't have an answer.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 01:47 AM   #255
mickgfd
Rep

Quote:
Thanks mate. Hope they’re as good as their word and you get the car on Tuesday, it’s been a very long haul, I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait though.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 01:49 AM   #256
mickgfd
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDazzler View Post
I have a confirmed delivery for Monday morning. Great to see the cars finally coming through for everyone.
That’s great news! As you say, good to see some cars are being delivered at last.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 02:16 AM   #257
Osxboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So my provisional date of today now pushed back to the 16th, automated email sent at 06:30!

Lack of communication is something I have never experienced before even from the worst dealer!

I’m complaining to our fleet team although I doubt it will make much difference.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 03:22 AM   #258
AD2020
Private
Rep

Quote:
So my provisional date of today now pushed back to the 16th, automated email sent at 06:30!

Lack of communication is something I have never experienced before even from the worst dealer!

I’m complaining to our fleet team although I doubt it will make much difference.
The communications from both dealers and BMW themselves is appalling, neither claims to know what’s going and just blames the other.
It’s no way to run a business and it will influence my decision next time I replace my car.
As for lease companies.....
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 07:21 AM   #259
heythereleslie
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDazzler View Post
Brill. Finally some encouraging news for us all.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 02:16 AM   #260
Osxboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So now I’m down to one message when I check my VIN.

There is an open technical enhancement on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle selecting "service as required" or contact your local retailer here for more information. Enhancement code 0061430500

Hopefully that means the inspects/fix for the batteries is done and this is just the cable/label issue.

Still not got a great deal of confidence in the dealer or lease company giving me an actual delivery date.

Last time I was down to one message that only lasted one day so I’ll check in the next few days and update if I get a delivery date.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 04:18 AM   #261
AD2020
Private
Rep

Quote:
So now I’m down to one message when I check my VIN.

There is an open technical enhancement on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle selecting "service as required" or contact your local retailer here for more information. Enhancement code 0061430500

Hopefully that means the inspects/fix for the batteries is done and this is just the cable/label issue.

Still not got a great deal of confidence in the dealer or lease company giving me an actual delivery date.

Last time I was down to one message that only lasted one day so I’ll check in the next few days and update if I get a delivery date.
I’m currently down to one code for technical enhancement also, according to the post above this is just a cable replacement.
My fleet company fitted tracker tells me that the car has gained another 0.7 miles, but won’t give me a location until it moves again.

I am hoping that its last movement was onto a transporter and its next will be off a transporter and into the dealer!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 07:24 AM   #262
ryanm7
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport (On Order)

Hiya all from down under in Australia.

Nice to hear a number of you have started to receive your vehicles or are closer!

My car arrived in my city at the start of September however delivery on hold due to the recall #0061580500 Checking the high-voltage battery (VDC).

My dealer sent me an email last week saying they anticipate getting my car to me by the end of the month. I've just checked the recalls again this weekend and now I've got two active recalls!

The same one as above plus a new one as follows:

#0061670500 F39 F4x G01 G05 G1x G2x G3x PHEV Zellen im Hochvoltspeicher. This seems to translate to the same 'check the high voltage battery'.

Has anyone had their car marked with a newer recall?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 02:55 AM   #263
AD2020
Private
Rep

Still just 0061430500 on mine, after the other faults/ codes cleared.
I’m hoping that’s it and next stage is me getting the car!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 10:09 AM   #264
TheDazzler
Rep

Well my car finally arrived today. This is my first BMW and I’m really impressed. For those still waiting - it’s worth the wait, fantastic car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3