Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Order Tracking Thread - Stages, Dates and Data Points

10-26-2020, 08:40 AM   #1607
eforty6_m3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
Congrats!! Love the cognac interior!! I was too chicken to order cognac but I gotta say, it looks great!
Hope the DMV drama can be worked out in a day or two instead of a week. A week seems insane...
Thanks, man! It's killing me that it's not in my garage getting dialed in for winter. But what's another week of waiting after 4.5 months of it, right?!

You and me, both. A week is RIDICULOUS.

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 08:44 AM   #1608
bap340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340I

Quote:
Originally Posted by eforty6_m3 View Post
Thanks, man! It's killing me that it's not in my garage getting dialed in for winter. But what's another week of waiting after 4.5 months of it, right?!

You are in a small way having the European Delivery experience. You get to see the car then it goes away for a while. Waiting for the DMV is rough. But a fantastic looking car.
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2020, 09:02 AM   #1609
mf44
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 iX 50

Quote:

Wow, this just blows my mind. Right now it's looking like I might wind up with my car before you. Absolutely bonkers. Sorry man, but it does look gorgeous!
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2020, 09:07 AM   #1610
eforty6_m3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpurnell View Post
You are in a small way having the European Delivery experience. You get to see the car then it goes away for a while. Waiting for the DMV is rough. But a fantastic looking car.
This made me legit LOL...so thank you for that!! And thanks for the kind words, man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf44 View Post
Wow, this just blows my mind. Right now it's looking like I might wind up with my car before you. Absolutely bonkers. Sorry man, but it does look gorgeous!
You are telling me. Ugh, but at least it's here and it looks like it was built 100% correctly per my specs. One item I might regret adding is the space saver trunk. Might end up taking that out and buying the proper non-space saver trunk floor to cover it up. But if that's my biggest concern, I think I've done alright.

Be prepared for TOO many photos once she's home, safe and sound! Be sure to follow me on IG, if you don't already!

Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 09:14 AM   #1611
Bimmer006
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 -> G20

For those who are waiting for Grand Champion, do anyone know when this vessel is going to depart from Charleston? Also, is there another stop in between Charleston and New York?

Updated: It's weird that now the vessel is going from Charleston to Brunswick. Am I tracking the wrong ship? Why is it going in a different direction.

Last edited by Bimmer006; 10-26-2020 at 10:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 10:36 AM   #1612
mf44
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer006 View Post
For those who are waiting for Grand Champion, do anyone know when this vessel is going to depart from Charleston? Also, is there another stop in between Charleston and New York?

Updated: It's weird that now the vessel is going from Charleston to Brunswick. Am I tracking the wrong ship? Why is it going in a different direction.
There is a BMW VPC at Brunswick, so that is not entirely out of the ordinary. And prior posts have mentioned that sometimes the ships take odd routes, even back tracking at points. I would not be too concerned about it. Regarding stops, there is also a BMW VPC at Baltimore, so it may stop there before heading to Port Jersey (NY).
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 10:38 AM   #1613
mf44
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You are telling me. Ugh, but at least it's here and it looks like it was built 100% correctly per my specs. One item I might regret adding is the space saver trunk. Might end up taking that out and buying the proper non-space saver trunk floor to cover it up. But if that's my biggest concern, I think I've done alright.
My understanding is that it is very easy to swap the trunk floor to the non-spare tire trunk. I wouldn't be too concerned about that! But I do agree with you to some extent; when I saw how much space the spare took up I elected to go with run flats, even though I'm not a fan of them. For a daily driver, I decided I'd rather have a bit more trunk space.
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2020, 11:50 AM   #1614
Bimmer006
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
There is a BMW VPC at Brunswick, so that is not entirely out of the ordinary. And prior posts have mentioned that sometimes the ships take odd routes, even back tracking at points. I would not be too concerned about it. Regarding stops, there is also a BMW VPC at Baltimore, so it may stop there before heading to Port Jersey (NY).
Thank you mf44. Hopefully the ship will arrive at NY by 01Nov.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 11:55 AM   #1615
Casone238
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you mf44. Hopefully the ship will arrive at NY by 01Nov.
I know it sucks yo wait I was there for 6 months but the numbers for November could be better
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2020, 12:14 PM   #1616
bap340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

It has been drifting off the coast of SC since Saturday night, docked in Charleston for like 5 hours and is now off to Brunswick. I think it will also stop in Jacksonville before heading to Baltimore/Newark. I was told it would be in Baltimore on 10/30 so hoping that is still correct. It was painful watching it drift around most of the weekend.

Kind of surprised you are going to Newark, I thought cars for the Midwest were going through Baltimore.
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2020, 12:29 PM   #1617
Bimmer006
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
It has been drifting off the coast of SC since Saturday night, docked in Charleston for like 5 hours and is now off to Brunswick. I think it will also stop in Jacksonville before heading to Baltimore/Newark. I was told it would be in Baltimore on 10/30 so hoping that is still correct. It was painful watching it drift around most of the weekend.

Kind of surprised you are going to Newark, I thought cars for the Midwest were going through Baltimore.
I know it's painful to keep watching the ship moving so slow every day lol

I didn't know the cars to midwest will go through Baltimore, If it's Baltimore i guess it's even better. But i guess as long as Car is on the ground by 1st Nov that will be great, so that on or before 2nd week of Nov I will have my car Because my current car lease is ending by 2nd week of Nov.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 12:48 PM   #1618
bap340i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I know it's painful to keep watching the ship moving so slow every day lol

I didn't know the cars to midwest will go through Baltimore, If it's Baltimore i guess it's even better. But i guess as long as Car is on the ground by 1st Nov that will be great, so that on or before 2nd week of Nov I will have my car Because my current car lease is ending by 2nd week of Nov.
Genius line should be able to confirm which port. On my dealer paperwork it says POABAL for destination so I think that means port of arrival Baltimore. Genius confirmed Baltimore for me. I am a little concerned that the original schedule I found didn't have Charleston or Brunswick and had it getting to Baltimore on 11/9. I think the schedule has changed from what I found, and the more accurate information was given to people that have called - Baltimore on 10/30 and Newark on 11/01. My previous cars went through Newark and it takes about 4-7 days to get to Chicago by truck, another day to Minneapolis. Once it leaves the VPC I have not had to wait long for a carrier, hopefully that continues this time.
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2020, 12:56 PM   #1619
eforty6_m3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
My understanding is that it is very easy to swap the trunk floor to the non-spare tire trunk. I wouldn't be too concerned about that! But I do agree with you to some extent; when I saw how much space the spare took up I elected to go with run flats, even though I'm not a fan of them. For a daily driver, I decided I'd rather have a bit more trunk space.
Bingo! Takes up too much room for a daily driver when I need space for strollers and other items that accompany having a 2.5 and 5 year old. I did opt for the run-flats, but knowing i wouldn't have them long (I don't like run-flats), I went with the space saver spare.

Appreciate 1
mf44489.50
      10-26-2020, 01:31 PM   #1620
Bimmer006
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Genius line should be able to confirm which port. On my dealer paperwork it says POABAL for destination so I think that means port of arrival Baltimore. Genius confirmed Baltimore for me. I am a little concerned that the original schedule I found didn't have Charleston or Brunswick and had it getting to Baltimore on 11/9. I think the schedule has changed from what I found, and the more accurate information was given to people that have called - Baltimore on 10/30 and Newark on 11/01. My previous cars went through Newark and it takes about 4-7 days to get to Chicago by truck, another day to Minneapolis. Once it leaves the VPC I have not had to wait long for a carrier, hopefully that continues this time.
I just looked at my Order (Vehicle Inquiry Report), even in mine the Destination location says BALPOA. So I guess mine will be off loaded in Baltimore as well I'll also try calling the Genius line on Friday, incase the ship is still not on the way to Baltimore, so that i'll be able to get their updated schedule (if it's really delayed/updated).
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 03:19 PM   #1621
mf44
Lieutenant
Rep

Well, I'm happy to report my car is at the dealer (two days ahead of the scheduled arrival, no less!) and we should be picking it up tomorrow!
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2020, 04:11 PM   #1622
TruthOne
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

I spoke with a woman at BMW. On the website it went from In Transit back to At the Port. She said the car is at the VDC in Oxnard. I'm assuming that's where M Performance parts will be installed so not sure how long everything will take from there. I'm about 5 hours north of Oxnard in Oakland so delivery shouldn't be too long. I hope. I feel like a fiend looking at the website everyday for a status update. I don't know if I can do a custom build again I have no patience.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 04:20 PM   #1623
Casone238
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthOne View Post
I spoke with a woman at BMW. On the website it went from In Transit back to At the Port. She said the car is at the VDC in Oxnard. I'm assuming that's where M Performance parts will be installed so not sure how long everything will take from there. I'm about 5 hours north of Oxnard in Oakland so delivery shouldn't be too long. I hope. I feel like a fiend looking at the website everyday for a status update. I don't know if I can do a custom build again I have no patience.
All depending if your got damaged on the way to the port or paint scratches etc. if not the M performance parts takes about a extra 4 days depending what you added. I had the MPE and it was a extra 3-4 days compared to the other people who where at the vpc with me
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 05:40 PM   #1624
TruthOne
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

I just got the Front Lip and Side Skirts.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 05:42 PM   #1625
carguy19
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340

Quote:
Well, I'm happy to report my car is at the dealer (two days ahead of the scheduled arrival, no less!) and we should be picking it up tomorrow!
Congrats.... mine still sitting at port. UGH !!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 05:59 PM   #1626
mf44
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy19 View Post
Quote:
Congrats.... mine still sitting at port. UGH !!
You're kidding! Does yours have any port options? Mine had a bunch of them and still wasn't there more than a few days.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 06:25 PM   #1627
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Quote:

It just doesn't make sense because if you buy a car off the lot you can drive it home same day..... So that excuse just doesn't make sense to me.
      10-26-2020, 06:45 PM   #1628
eforty6_m3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
Quote:

It just doesn't make sense because if you buy a car off the lot you can drive it home same day..... So that excuse just doesn't make sense to me.
Agreed. I wish I had the answer. I just think they're very limited in being able to register vehicles due to the limited amount of MA DMV's handling dealership transactions. The normal DMV that I use and the dealership uses in Fall River,MA isn't handling dealership txns at the moment. So maybe that's a contributing factor?!

Appreciate 0