Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Anti-dazzle coding on Laser?

01-02-2021, 08:51 PM   #221
BlueOnBlue
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i

Garage List
2020 M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by juhcobywankenobi View Post
Ok, that makes a lot of sense, during the test drive I noticed the high beams did turn on/off quite often especially on side streets.

Btw, does the "auto high beam" button do anything or need to even be enabled?

I'll modify with the values you modified to see if there is a difference thanks again!
gonna go test all that in a few minutes... let's see what we come up with.

I was curious about a few things noted as well,

in Kafas04 - Traffic light detection and road surface preview, possibly a way to turn on traffic lights showing up in the dash, and road surface preview for... different types of road?? might be more related to the active driving assistance view

finally you had luft_afs_codrv_hor - laser_us/G007...

I wonder if that is the key to enabling european laser headlights, I will check that when I am in there!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2021, 09:18 PM   #222
siegester
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Ok, that makes a lot of sense, during the test drive I noticed the high beams did turn on/off quite often especially on side streets.

I'll modify with the values you modified to see if there is a difference thanks again!
The button on the stalk? It is what will enable the functionality, without it on the high beams are basic and manual. Mine stays on between trips so it's not a big hassle
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2021, 10:16 PM   #223
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by siegester View Post
Quote:

The button on the stalk? It is what will enable the functionality, without it on the high beams are basic and manual. Mine stays on between trips so it's not a big hassle
Ok that makes sense. I enabled it, but wasn't sure if that was needed. Now it's clear that it is and it worked 100x better than the silly HBA as described earlier in the thread.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 12:32 AM   #224
BlueOnBlue
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2020 M340i  [0.00]
Well reporting back to say thanks to all the info in here, I managed to complete the entire coding by hand

Got the cheat sheet working AFTER I did it all, but oh well it was good practice lol

Unfortunately I live in a very large populated city so there are practically no dark places to drive to test it out... I went to the local park/marina with some dark areas but nothing that activated the system with the auto high beam turned on

I'll find a back road outside the sprawl some day to test.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 06:49 PM   #225
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by siegester View Post
Setting the two HBA to enable will turn on the functionality. A few of us have found that the behavior of the functionality is better with the additional tweaks. Without the tweaks, the high beams were turning off fully rather than adapting quite frequently, like the were being overly cautious. Now they stay on and adapt a lot more without blinding traffic still. YMMV

Independent turn signals means the rear brake lights no longer flash with the rear indicators on US specced models. There are likely a few extraneous changes there, but I haven't heard of anyone doing a deep dive into testing/verifying them all. A number of people run those changes without issue (myself included), so I am not sure if/when more research will take place.

Also, always make sure the cheat code versions match your software version as things move/change frequently between versions. I had to redo and research quite a few of mine after the 07/2020 update.
Pretty close to getting this working with your additional mods. My EsysX is updated to the newest, but for whatever reasons some of the codes even in 07/2020 have been trimmed. I'm working with EsysX team for a solution.

In the meantime there is just one trimmed value for BDC 1DF8 Group 3532 62 92 , I'm not sure what parameter to set the werte to. Also I'm not clear how the function mask works in your xml, not sure if it's a bitmask or? I know it won't match because mine has "F040_G005_AHL/G015_G020_Laser" trimmed.

Thanks for your help!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 06:53 PM   #226
BlueOnBlue
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2020 M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Pretty close to getting this working with your additional mods. My EsysX is updated to the newest, but for whatever reasons some of the codes even in 07/2020 have been trimmed. I'm working with EsysX team for a solution.

In the meantime there is just one trimmed value for BDC 1DF8 Group 3532 62 92 , I'm not sure what parameter to set the werte to. Also I'm not clear how the function mask works in your xml, not sure if it's a bitmask or? I know it won't match because mine has "F040_G005_AHL/G015_G020_Laser" trimmed.

Thanks for your help!
what version of pdata are you running?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 07:05 PM   #227
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOnBlue View Post
what version of pdata are you running?
Thank you for asking, I am using the latest 4.27.20 with the very latest EsysX. But having the latest EsysX might be my problem (?), not sure why my codes are trimmed.

There's a couple of pages about it starting here (at the bottom of page 7):
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1740022&page=7

I hope it can be sorted out!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 07:41 PM   #228
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
I could figure it out if anyone expands the LUT_AFS_DRV_HOR, then I can determine which one matches up. I should have said that in the original post, DG3532_62_92_3 is the trimmed value that matches up to that (can see it in the cheat codes too).

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 04:30 AM   #229
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
I could figure it out if anyone expands the LUT_AFS_DRV_HOR, then I can determine which one matches up. I should have said that in the original post, DG3532_62_92_3 is the trimmed value that matches up to that (can see it in the cheat codes too).

Thanks!!
I really wouldn't try coding without the actual mappings. It's possible the codes wont align from another car screenshot as new codes are added between i-step versions.

Did you completely remove esysx and reinstall after deploying a correctly installed (with dist) psdzdata? Occurred to me that esysx was installed to a known bad psdzdata previously.

You need to manually delete programdata\ispihost after removal of the app, reboot then reinstall.

If that doesn't work then ask esysx to provide you with esysx64 version 2.3.1.5 as we know that works with 11/2020 mappings for the most part.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 05:17 AM   #230
larrylam646
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Quote:

Thanks!!
My CAFD file Anti-dazzle coded attached....
Attached Images

01-06-2021, 01:45 PM   #231
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylam646 View Post
My CAFD file Anti-dazzle coded attached....
Awesome thanks! That was the value I was going to use based on an educated guess of it almost matching Anlieferungswert value . Also confirmed with Almaretto.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 01:56 PM   #232
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
I really wouldn't try coding without the actual mappings. It's possible the codes wont align from another car screenshot as new codes are added between i-step versions.

Did you completely remove esysx and reinstall after deploying a correctly installed (with dist) psdzdata? Occurred to me that esysx was installed to a known bad psdzdata previously.

You need to manually delete programdata\ispihost after removal of the app, reboot then reinstall.

If that doesn't work then ask esysx to provide you with esysx64 version 2.3.1.5 as we know that works with 11/2020 mappings for the most part.
How would I get 2.3.1.5? I'm working with the EsysX team but they are not too responsive, with one-line responses asking for screenshots.

I completely removed everything, removed all the dirs, data dir etc, rebooted, installed the psdzdata using winrar as suggested and also increased the Java Heap memory, trimmed kswib before and nothing is working.

The hypothesis that my old version was too old and this new version is not mapping the trimmed codes correctly seems to be the most probable cause. But that's kinda out of my control without EsysX support. You've been very helpful with this along with others, but still no solution.

Maybe if there are logs to look at from EsysX side or something else, I'm just waiting on them.

Or I guess last resort is to use a completely different PC...I'm on travel now so that would be difficult to do since my main PC is at home. But even that one wasn't working for the trimmed codes (likely the same issue of an older EsysX when I used it).
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 02:50 PM   #233
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Quote:

How would I get 2.3.1.5? I'm working with the EsysX team but they are not too responsive, with one-line responses asking for screenshots.

I completely removed everything, removed all the dirs, data dir etc, rebooted, installed the psdzdata using winrar as suggested and also increased the Java Heap memory, trimmed kswib before and nothing is working.

The hypothesis that my old version was too old and this new version is not mapping the trimmed codes correctly seems to be the most probable cause. But that's kinda out of my control without EsysX support. You've been very helpful with this along with others, but still no solution.

Maybe if there are logs to look at from EsysX side or something else, I'm just waiting on them.

Or I guess last resort is to use a completely different PC...I'm on travel now so that would be difficult to do since my main PC is at home. But even that one wasn't working for the trimmed codes (likely the same issue of an older EsysX when I used it).
Esysx version is probably the issue.

All they should need is a screenshot showing the trimmed codes, then my screenshot taken using 2.3.1.5

Who are you dealing with there?

I could try the latest version and see if I can repro
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 02:58 PM   #234
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Esysx version is probably the issue.

All they should need is a screenshot showing the trimmed codes, then my screenshot taken using 2.3.1.5

Who are you dealing with there?

I could try the latest version and see if I can repro
I'm not sure who it is, I just get an email from a generic obfuscated email. I also use their chat system, I don't really have any direct contacts.

There once was one person back in August who logged into my PC via teamviewer.

If you could try out the latest version that would be awesome for debugging. I'd feel bad if you have to pay for that upgrade tho, especially if it's not working!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 09:51 PM   #235
azwillnj
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i xDrive

I can confirm that removing 5AP from the VO code and updating via OTA and at the dealer will not completely remove anti-dazzle. Some of the more specific coding in KAFAS and BDC body as detailed above that make the system work better will be reset but anti-dazzle will still work at a US level after an update.

WE ARE!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 01:21 AM   #236
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by azwillnj View Post
I can confirm that removing 5AP from the VO code and updating via OTA and at the dealer will not completely remove anti-dazzle. Some of the more specific coding in KAFAS and BDC body as detailed above that make the system work better will be reset but anti-dazzle will still work at a US level after an update.
Have you made any of the additional FLM2 changes? I find they make system work even better as initially intended.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 10:15 PM   #237
azwillnj
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Have you made any of the additional FLM2 changes? I find they make system work even better as initially intended.
Yes, the additional codings absolutely do make it work better. But it still works good enough ish after a software update. Would still highly recommend the codings from Siegester's cheat sheet to make the system work better.

WE ARE!
Appreciate 1
Almaretto2372.50
      04-30-2021, 01:32 PM   #238
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i XDrive

I noticed that majority of this coding was done by owners with MY20 (and possibly earlier.) Considering possible HW version differences on MY21 compared to earlier builds, are ALL these codes still valid on MY21 or is there anything I should be aware of while coding it? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 10:35 PM   #239
moproblems
Beware of cheap bait!
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4 Isle of Man Green

Does in fact work on G8X cars as of this post. Used bimmercode, did not code the module that requires esysx, seems to work just fine.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 09:42 AM   #240
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moproblems View Post
Does in fact work on G8X cars as of this post. Used bimmercode, did not code the module that requires esysx, seems to work just fine.
Cool! I'm also considering deleting 5AP only.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 10:12 AM   #241
moproblems
Beware of cheap bait!
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4 Isle of Man Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazzau View Post
I did not delete 5AP. Sure it'll reset when the car is updated but I can put it back in 10 minutes.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 10:54 PM   #242
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moproblems View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazzau View Post
I did not delete 5AP. Sure it'll reset when the car is updated but I can put it back in 10 minutes.
What exactly did you code then? On the G20 I know you have to delete 5AP. Also others have confirmed that 5AP does not get reset with update. Perhaps things are different on G8X
Appreciate 0