Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Questions re Canadian Delivery Delays

03-23-2022, 12:06 PM   #1
MontyP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

Questions re Canadian Delivery Delays

Hi All,

As I have posted elsewhere on Bimmerpost, I am still waiting for the 2022 M440ix Cab that I ordered last June 30.

The car was scheduled for September production and I received an email from the dealer last October saying my car had shipped and was en route to Halifax. Alas, in mid November I received another update advising that my car had been returned to the German Port. According to the dealer, BMW advised that there was a supplier issue with a batch of modules and my car (and others presumably) had been returned to Germany for the part to be corrected. I understand the part in question is a RAM module and BMW discovered a fault after my car was built.

I received a further update in early January advising that my car had shipped and was again en route to Halifax. However, it appears the car was shipped without the replacement module and so is still sitting somewhere in Halifax awaiting the replacement module. I am now approaching 9 months after ordering and still do not have a delivery date.

My questions are as follows:

1. Are there any other Canadian BMW customers experiencing similar delays?

2. Does anyone know if BMW has a VPC/VDC in Halifax? I can find no mention of this online so am trying to figure out (i) where my car would be held in Halifax and (ii) where the refit would be done.

3. Does anyone know exactly what "batch of modules" may be at fault?

4. I see other people are getting cars delivered so I am trying to figure out how BMW prioritizes things. I have assumed that as my car was ordered last June, built last September and shipped last October it would be at (or near) the front of the line for the mysterious module replacement. Does anyone know if this is how things work with BMW?

5. Does anyone know if there was a specific module affecting M440xi cabs that would explain the inordinate delay? Interestingly, an inventory search on the BMW Canada website shows not a single M440i cab available at any dealer in Canada.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by MontyP; 03-23-2022 at 12:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 12:57 PM   #2
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...4#post28720244
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 02:10 PM   #3
MontyP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

Thanks

Thanks Modat. I had looked on the Canada forum but didn't think to check that particular chat.
Appreciate 0