Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions 330i exhaust volume sport vs sport+ vs coding valve open

10-12-2022, 10:54 PM   #1
latexyankee
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G20 330i Msport

330i exhaust volume sport vs sport+ vs coding valve open

So I've found a good compromise for daily driving.

Sport individual with engine in sport+ but transmission in sport, shifter to the left in S mode. Gearbox in sport+ seems to upshift and downshift at odd times for city/suburbia/highway driving. Its still plenty peppy and aggressive but not annoying...feel free to share your thoughts or settings.

However I THINK that the exhaust is louder when both transmission AND engine are in sports+. I'm not sure if its just placebo but it seemed that way and I stumbled upon another thread stating the same. Makes no sense to me personally as I thought the valves are open in both sport and sport+.

Can anyone confirm this is true or false? If true, will coding the engine sound and keeping that setting in sport give me the max engine notes when using sport individual with my settings above? Im in love with the exhaust but sports+ with the shifter in S doesn't really seem compatible with daily driving at least in my area.

Any thoughts or comments are welcome.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2022, 08:54 AM   #2
Pit Viper
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
I seem to get more pops, burbles and turbo wines in sport + than sport, but believe this has more to do with engine mapping than exhaust flat setting.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2022, 09:55 AM   #3
latexyankee
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G20 330i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Viper View Post
I seem to get more pops, burbles and turbo wines in sport + than sport, but believe this has more to do with engine mapping than exhaust flat setting.
So then, have you noticed a difference? Can you try sport individual with engine on sport+ but transmission in sport? Then of course shifter to the left.

Let me know what you find, I find this a much better daily driving config rather than sport+ across the board.
Appreciate 0