Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Transport damage or normal?

01-20-2023, 11:30 AM   #1
Barry0305
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 318i E90

Transport damage or normal?

Hi g22post,
yesterday I went to collect my new g22 (6 miles on the clock) and I have noticed, that under the hood, some of the plastic spacers/fasteners, whatever they’re called (green arrows) were not completely flush with the plastic piece underneath (one of them was sticking out somewhat). The screws in the far corners of the bumper (red arrows) seemed covered in some white residue, or maybe it was screwdriver marks. I have also noticed a round outline around the current location of the washer, possibly indicating it’s original position?
Sadly I don’t have a photo.
Anyways, I think someone might have taken down the plastic piece or possibly the whole bumper. Is it possible that this was done at the factory, or would a late bumper adjustment be done so well by BMW that I couldn’t tell? Do you have any other possible explanations for what might have happened?

Thank you!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2023, 11:14 PM   #2
Bimmer86
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440i xDrive Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry0305 View Post
Hi g22post,
yesterday I went to collect my new g22 (6 miles on the clock) and I have noticed, that under the hood, some of the plastic spacers/fasteners, whatever they’re called (green arrows) were not completely flush with the plastic piece underneath (one of them was sticking out somewhat). The screws in the far corners of the bumper (red arrows) seemed covered in some white residue, or maybe it was screwdriver marks. I have also noticed a round outline around the current location of the washer, possibly indicating it’s original position?
Sadly I don’t have a photo.
Anyways, I think someone might have taken down the plastic piece or possibly the whole bumper. Is it possible that this was done at the factory, or would a late bumper adjustment be done so well by BMW that I couldn’t tell? Do you have any other possible explanations for what might have happened?

Thank you!
Cars are inspected and often repaired at the port. Any repairs done at the port should be factory level quality. You can ask your dealer if any repairs were done at the port, though unless it was something major, you'll probably never know what really happened.

Unless you see some damage, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Many cars are repaired at the port with many owners blissfully unaware.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 03:10 AM   #3
Barry0305
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 318i E90

Thank you for your answer. I forgot to mention (somewhat stupidly) that I’m in the EU.
Appreciate 0