Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Climitization control...started automatically?

10-21-2023, 09:10 AM   #1
Antyptyr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i xDrive

Climitization control...started automatically?

So I just happened to open MyBMW app to notice that the app was reporting that the car was going through a climitization routine. Went to the car and it was running and the heat was on blowing hot air, steering and seat warmers on. I have my seat/steering heat set to come on at below 40F and today is in the mid-50s. So why did this happen is there a setting that I have missed. Not sure if there is something in settings. Any guidance or suggestions appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 10:22 AM   #2
Sporto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M340xi

Garage List
2024 M340Xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antyptyr View Post
So I just happened to open MyBMW app to notice that the app was reporting that the car was going through a climitization routine. Went to the car and it was running and the heat was on blowing hot air, steering and seat warmers on. I have my seat/steering heat set to come on at below 40F and today is in the mid-50s. So why did this happen is there a setting that I have missed. Not sure if there is something in settings. Any guidance or suggestions appreciated.
Do you have the pre ventilation schedule on where you can preset certain times for different climate systems to engage (see attachments).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 01:43 PM   #3
Antyptyr
United_States
Rep

I can't see that option in my version of the myBMW app. I also went into Remote History and did not see anything sent that would explain this.
Attached Images

Last edited by Antyptyr; 10-21-2023 at 02:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 02:45 PM   #4
Sporto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 M340Xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antyptyr View Post
I can't see that option in my version of the myBMW app. I also went into Remote History and did not see anything sent that would explain this.
I don’t even have my new car yet so just trying to help with things I’ve read. It seems it has to be that pre ventilation if the car just started by itself with climate on. Only other options are someone else started the car, ‘butt dial’ started the car, or never turned car off.

If it were me and the app looks fine I would go directly to the car menu and look for the pre ventilation by selecting Climate Menu/Settings/Pre Ventilation.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 09:19 PM   #5
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i XDrive

Are you sure you didn’t leave your car running? I don’t think seat heater and/or steering heat turns on with remote start. It’s been a known issue for a while. Is it also possible that you “pocket dialed” remote start?

If you’re convinced the car started on its own with no recorded history, I’d make a stop at the dealership to see what information they can pull from the car.

FWIW I put my car in reverse yesterday and the trunk immediately opened for no rhyme or reason. I tried to close it using the trunk button on the door - no dice. I had to step out of the car, press the button on the trunk to close it. After I got back in the car, I used the button on the door to open the trunk then hit the button again to close it.

The vehicle seems to have a mind of its own.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2023, 07:39 AM   #6
Sporto
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 M340Xi  [0.00]
Another thought - could you have hit the lock button on the key fob 3x which starts the car? Then if you left the climate features on when you turned off the car last they may have come on when car started.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2023, 06:57 AM   #7
Antyptyr
United_States
Rep

Thanks for all the suggestions. What I continue to be confused about is that nowehere (at least as far as I can tell) in the app or in the car menu are there options for scheduled climate control. The only option I see is scheduled start. What the car was doing was going through a routine (as described in original post) that I can find an option for.
Appreciate 0