Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Goodbye 4 rings and hello BMW

09-13-2024, 06:35 AM   #1
Bimmer_Jam
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i G20, VW Golf 7.5 GTE

Goodbye 4 rings and hello BMW

Hi all.

Making my first ever plunge into the BMW seen with a 320i G20. Extremely excited!
I have owned many VAG group cars, mainly Audi's, over the years but after taking the latest A4 for a test drive, I came to the conclusion that it just felt numb and just like every other Audi I've had.

I was stuck on what to go with next and happened to come across a garage with a 3 series G20, albeit a diesel but thought why not try it. Never driven a BMW in my life BUT wow! What a different machine it is. The push from the rear, the dynamic feel from the steering and the ride. It is a night and day difference from the front wheel cruisers I have had over the years. When they say it's a driver’s car, I totally get it now.

Quite a lot of kit from standard compared to the Audi's, where everything seems to be an optional extra. I still cannot fault Audi's interior design, best in the business imo but the BMW is growing on me and is a bit more driver focused. Oh, and I love that it is not just touch screen only - although this will probably change with the next revision.

Keen to learn everything about the G20 3 series and what it has to offer.
Appreciate 3
      09-13-2024, 05:01 PM   #2
northan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Jam View Post
Hi all.

Making my first ever plunge into the BMW seen with a 320i G20. Extremely excited!
I have owned many VAG group cars, mainly Audi's, over the years but after taking the latest A4 for a test drive, I came to the conclusion that it just felt numb and just like every other Audi I've had.

I was stuck on what to go with next and happened to come across a garage with a 3 series G20, albeit a diesel but thought why not try it. Never driven a BMW in my life BUT wow! What a different machine it is. The push from the rear, the dynamic feel from the steering and the ride. It is a night and day difference from the front wheel cruisers I have had over the years. When they say it's a driver’s car, I totally get it now.

Quite a lot of kit from standard compared to the Audi's, where everything seems to be an optional extra. I still cannot fault Audi's interior design, best in the business imo but the BMW is growing on me and is a bit more driver focused. Oh, and I love that it is not just touch screen only - although this will probably change with the next revision.

Welcome bud.
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2024, 02:09 AM   #3
Nham68
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: M340i touring

Welcome ! I jumped into an M340i touring from an S4 avant / S5 sportabck over prior 7 years. The interior quality of Audi is best in class, though whilst great cars, were very long in the tooth. Audi wanted me to trade in my S5 for another Audi - but I couldn’t find anything that excited me - the model range has not evolved.
G21 is lovely place to sit and very well refined.
Not as good to look at , but much better to drive.
What is also surprising is that the B58 petrol is at least as economical as the V6 diesel turbo of the S5 ! So even on engine technology, I believe BMW are well ahead.
Enjoy the ride. How lucky are we !
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2024, 02:30 AM   #4
Kennywoo
Rep
Drives: g20 330i

Quote:
Hi all.

Welcome! I’ve been back and forth between vag and bmw in my last few cars from golf gti to e92 325i to Audi a4 and now g20 330, and definitely say, bmw are much more exciting to drive
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2024, 06:59 AM   #5
Herr Gross Byte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Audi looks better. BMW goes better. I've always gone for go better but do like to look at Audi in the car park.

Had a little moment with an "S" something off an A road roundabout. It looked great in the rear view mirror.
Appreciate 2
      09-14-2024, 09:01 AM   #6
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
Hi all.

Welcome to madhouse! Hope you’ve got a money tree in the garden because we’ll soon empty your wallet on here now you’ve been bitten by the BMW bug!
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2024, 04:00 PM   #7
Bimmer_Jam
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i G20, VW Golf 7.5 GTE

Thanks for the warm welcome! I’m still getting used to the idea of not having to use a vag-com to fix every little issue haha

It’s great to join a community with fellow BMW aficionados who’ve also walked the Audi walk - what took us so long!

Already catching that mod bug - my wallet is already on high alert! Got my eye's on a few OEM+ mods, nothing crazy.

Let the fun commence.
Appreciate 0