Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Awaiting order - further delays?

01-06-2022, 06:21 PM   #243
gashead76
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M sport 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranniux View Post
Actually rechecking I do have 48z, knew about that one a while back just didn't spot it in the list, definitely no 6uy though. Strange, see what happens in the coming weeks, looking forward to getting the car 😁
My Vin read (thanks David) only has a 48z deletion too, currently on route somewhere?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 08:55 AM   #244
foz1nho
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport Saloon (pending)

Had my traditional weekly order update email from NHS fleet with expected delivery date stated as early Jan. Starting to think they may not hit that any more

Luckily my current vehicle lease is just extended until I get the new car so I'm not without wheels but as I ordered in July, just want to get the bugger now and start enjoying it
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 09:19 AM   #245
tyranniux
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Yea I know the feeling, mine is close enough that I just want the keys now, although I have to deliver straight to my Detailer so will be without it for another few days following delivery for correction, ceramic and ppf install... torture haha
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 12:02 PM   #246
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M440i Convertible

No idea where mine's got to! BMW say it's at the dealer, dealer says not

Either way it's not going to be ready this weekend and I'm too busy to pick it up next week, so fingers crossed it will be a week tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 01:01 PM   #247
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep

Well mine is definitely at the dealer now and all ready for collection on Saturday

Interestingly my VIN still isn't registering on the usual sites, but I've been able to use it to download the owner's handbook to the iPad app. Apparently I'll be able to open the boot by waving my foot under the bumper - that's new for a 4 series vert.

Has anyone else got any updates to share?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 01:26 PM   #248
tyranniux
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedsRedBaby View Post
Well mine is definitely at the dealer now and all ready for collection on Saturday

Interestingly my VIN still isn't registering on the usual sites, but I've been able to use it to download the owner's handbook to the iPad app. Apparently I'll be able to open the boot by waving my foot under the bumper - that's new for a 4 series vert.

Congrats! Spoke to dealer yesterday and still showing delivery to them next week, hoping for a more precise date when he calls on Friday. Fingers crossed its sooner rather than later
Appreciate 1
      01-12-2022, 01:28 PM   #249
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranniux View Post
Congrats! Spoke to dealer yesterday and still showing delivery to them next week, hoping for a more precise date when he calls on Friday. Fingers crossed its sooner rather than later
Thanks, hope you don't have to wait too long
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 05:41 PM   #250
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Apparently I'll be able to open the boot by waving my foot under the bumper - that's new for a 4 series vert.
I'm using this pretty much every day on my new GC. It's not just a party trick. You soon realise there's a technique and you can make it quite subtle rather than looking like you're doing a poor Basil Fawlty impression. Have fun!

P.S. think this is part of Comfort Access and not standard.
      01-13-2022, 03:15 AM   #251
gashead76
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Congrats, enjoy.

Just checked, still status 9000 and estimated delivery to dealer week of the 24th, hopefully starts to move through the codes soon.
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2022, 03:34 AM   #252
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
think this is part of Comfort Access and not standard.
I think you’re right.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 03:55 AM   #253
foz1nho
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport Saloon (pending)

Quote:

I had an update this morning but hasn't quite gone the way I hoped. Latest estimate is I'll get the car in mid-April

Ordered last July via NHS Fleet with original estimate of a late December delivery (slipped to early Jan at the start of November).

On the bright side I've got a good deal that I wouldn't get near now and they're just rolling on my current lease until delivery.
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2022, 04:11 AM   #254
Z_Victor1
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 G22 M440i 👍

Quote:

If you are able to get a VIN read out, can you see what BMW quote as your vehicle's "Production Date"...?
Trying to get some idea of the gap between that date and delivery date.
Mine was 22nd Nov and it's still in Dingolfing.....so >7 weeks now and nothing............
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2022, 04:13 AM   #255
Colliwobbles
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i

Nope, 440i August order, built 9th November, still sat awaiting recall 0065640300, so at least February now
Looks like me and Z_victor1 have the same problem.

Last edited by Colliwobbles; 01-13-2022 at 04:16 AM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 2
      01-13-2022, 04:28 AM   #256
Jimbo_555
Rep
Drives: M340i (on order) Boxster 986

My June order is just finished assembly and now at code 8200 - released to carrier. Due for delivery first week of February.
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2022, 05:15 AM   #257
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Victor1 View Post
If you are able to get a VIN read out, can you see what BMW quote as your vehicle's "Production Date"...?
Trying to get some idea of the gap between that date and delivery date.
Mine was 22nd Nov and it's still in Dingolfing.....so >7 weeks now and nothing............
My production date was 16 December, so there must be some kind of issue with yours. I was a bit surprised when you said you've got Technology Plus, as I was told there was zero chance of getting Parking Assistant Plus, so maybe it's something to do with that?

Seems like a wtf call to the dealer might be in order.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 05:24 AM   #258
gashead76
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
My production date was 16 December, so there must be some kind of issue with yours. I was a bit surprised when you said you've got Technology Plus, as I was told there was zero chance of getting Parking Assistant Plus, so maybe it's something to do with that?

Seems like a wtf call to the dealer might be in order.
Not sure this helps whatsoever but i do have tech plus?
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2022, 05:56 AM   #259
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashead76 View Post
Not sure this helps whatsoever but i do have tech plus?
Ah OK. Maybe it was because I wanted Tech Pack and PAP, rather than Tech Plus (ie I wasn't bothered about Driving Assistant Professional).

Hope I don't regret the lack of surround view next time I take the car into one of those goddam awful French multi-storeys (assuming that ever actually happens again LOL).
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 08:00 AM   #260
Z_Victor1
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

More information

Guys, just some info that may help you construct an idea of what's (not) happening....pieces in a jigsaw with no picture to guide you......!

Online chat with Genius (a guy called Reece, whom some of you know by now - fast response) revealed (?) this info.

Hi, Reece. Could you please provide me with the following?
Order Status Code
Order Status Message
Expected Delivery Date
My Order # ********
My VIN # *****************
The vehicle is a BMW M440i MHT

I certainly can, I am looking into this for you now.
Thanks Reece. I know things are VERY difficult for BMW right now, so any info you can give would be a great help to me
I can see that the Assembly is complete and has been since November. At this stage, the factory are going over the car and quality checking to ensure everything is exactly as you ordered and meets the high standard we expect. Some cars are taking longer to get through this stage at the moment but our factory is working hard to get this done as soon as possible.
The current order status code is 5500 - Assembly Complete. The estimated delivery is currently showing as the week commencing 31st January.

Thank you Reece, that is a great help. Just need to get it over the line to 6000 now!! I know about the 48Z code for deleted options and the 6UY Touchscreen Delete, but can you see from your screens if anything else has been removed?
There is one other deletion which is the deletion of the wireless charging function.
OK, that's understood. That's all for now. No doubt I'll be calling you guys again in January…thankyou Reece!

So, where am I going with this? Just plain info for you guys that's all.
Car has been stuck in 5500 now for at least 16 days, which given a Christmas close-down to the 10th seems plausible.
May have been a "sticky build" because I chose Aventurin and a full spread of packs.

Car ordered (dealer had a build slot to amend) - 25/8/21
Prod Date - 22/11/21
Est Delivery date - rolled from end of Nov to December to end of Dec, now to end of Jan.

Probably all meaningless...........

A friend has heard today of nightly demonstrations against the vaccine in various areas of Germany with local police breaking them up with water cannon....
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 08:05 AM   #261
Z_Victor1
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
........Seems like a wtf call to the dealer might be in order.
Tried that......got the usual "They know nothing....!" like some scene out of a spy movie....
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 09:03 AM   #262
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Victor1 View Post
Tried that......got the usual "They know nothing....!" like some scene out of a spy movie....
Oh dear! Does seem odd though that yours was built nearly a month before mine and got stuck in QA - maybe they pushed mine out the door without checking it
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 09:15 AM   #263
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

Poor Reece haha.

He does seem to be the best of all the handlers we get though. All the others waste 5 minutes talking about how good the purchase is and what I good car you have.
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2022, 10:49 AM   #264
Colliwobbles
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i

All I can assume is that the software still doesn’t work for non touchscreens. If it is that it is a bit worrying when the software controls everything.
Appreciate 0