Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum 2024 M340i Orders

09-25-2023, 01:35 AM   #265
AZHusky
AZhusky
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2024 M340i Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowthforgue View Post
Looks sick. Love it in white. How’re you liking it?

I switched to in transit. A few more days…
It’s an amazing car. Really requiring major restraint on my part to not just floor it WOT during break in period but it’s so smooth, powerful and planted. Amazing machine. You’ll be enjoying it soon enough!
      09-25-2023, 11:46 AM   #266
Badge
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Focus ST -> '24 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimbaE46 View Post
Great seeing everyone’s progress. Wishing you all a speedy and safe delivery. Looking forward to the pictures.

Badge and the other midwest folks in RFT:

I spoke to Genius today and they told me the car is supposedly just waiting on the boat to get full. The gentleman on the phone said if it were his car, and I knew what he knew, that I should call back friday to find out which vessel i’m on. He didn’t wanna make any promises, but I will be on the lookout later this week.
Good thing he didn't make any promises to you I assume you haven't heard anything new? I saw Arc Integrity left the afternoon of 9/23, so maybe we'll see some of our cars switch to in transit soon if that ship has any BMWs on it

LOL, I don't know if it's the waiting, or not-knowing more detail that is harder
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2023, 01:22 PM   #267
SimbaE46
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badge View Post
Good thing he didn't make any promises to you I assume you haven't heard anything new? I saw Arc Integrity left the afternoon of 9/23, so maybe we'll see some of our cars switch to in transit soon if that ship has any BMWs on it

LOL, I don't know if it's the waiting, or not-knowing more detail that is harder
nope, haven’t had any updates. spoke to genius today and seems as if the person I spoke to this time didn’t have a clue. they said it is still en route from the factory to the port of departure. but still in RFT. since 9/9.

fingers crossed!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2023, 02:49 PM   #268
dancing__narwhal
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 m340ix

My dealer contact just let me know the port installed stuff is done so it should be headed to the dealer soon. Only took about 3 days for them to get my MPE and carbon interior trim installed.
Appreciate 1
AZHusky104.00
      09-25-2023, 06:33 PM   #269
drac
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C|340|M340

Garage List
Unhappy

Car is still in final assembly since 9/15
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2023, 11:51 AM   #270
Badge
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimbaE46 View Post
nope, haven’t had any updates. spoke to genius today and seems as if the person I spoke to this time didn’t have a clue. they said it is still en route from the factory to the port of departure. but still in RFT. since 9/9.

fingers crossed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drac View Post
Nothing new here really either. I was able to confirm with my CA today that the car will ship from Altamira, so that at least removes one of the variables in looking at vessel options.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2023, 12:50 PM   #271
BimmersAndBoilermakers
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 330xi

Quote:
Nothing new here really either. I was able to confirm with my CA today that the car will ship from Altamira, so that at least removes one of the variables in looking at vessel options.
How were they able to determine it was going to be shipped out of Altamira?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2023, 01:32 PM   #272
Badge
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmersAndBoilermakers View Post
How were they able to determine it was going to be shipped out of Altamira?
I don't know exactly. I assume it could be that it's at the port already, or they just have access to that information somehow. Either way, I trust what my dealer says far more than I'll believe anything from calling Genius. CA told me to have fun tracking ships, so they don't know anything additional at this time regarding expected timing or what ship it will go on.
Appreciate 1
wangyex39.00
      09-26-2023, 02:04 PM   #273
BimmersAndBoilermakers
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't know exactly. I assume it could be that it's at the port already, or they just have access to that information somehow. Either way, I trust what my dealer says far more than I'll believe anything from calling Genius. CA told me to have fun tracking ships, so they don't know anything additional at this time regarding expected timing or what ship it will go on.
Fair enough. I presume all of us currently in FA, and heading to the east coast, will likely move to RFT at the same time and be loaded on the same ship. Hoping it isn't a month long wait for that to happen though!
Appreciate 2
Badge145.00
drac117.50
      09-26-2023, 02:17 PM   #274
wangyex
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmersAndBoilermakers View Post
Fair enough. I presume all of us currently in FA, and heading to the east coast, will likely move to RFT at the same time and be loaded on the same ship. Hoping it isn't a month long wait for that to happen though!
I am in NY and my status changed to RFT over the weekend, I think yours should be changing pretty soon.
Appreciate 1
drac117.50
      09-27-2023, 12:20 PM   #275
Bond55Nemesis
Rep
Drives: Audi SQ5, Audi TTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by drac View Post
Same. It's been well over a week since it's been in final assembly for me.
      09-27-2023, 05:54 PM   #276
Seenbetterdays
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i Xdrive

Hello all,

First post and hopefully in right location. My first ever BMW has been ordered. 2024 M340i Xdrive, Dravit Grey, 791 black wheels with performance run flats, and a few other options. Got lucky and found a dealer who let me order what I wanted. Order was accepted and assigned a vin # on 9-04-23. Status switched to final assembly on 9-18-23. No status change since then.

My question if anyone can explain port installed options. Is the MPE still available and if so is it a port option? I was told by my dealer that the CF rear spoiler, black side skirts, and front lip install would delay delivery. Therefore, they offered to order the parts and install at their dealership. Does that make sense? Also, I ordered the park distance control but wished I had ordered the complete parking assistance package. Is this something that can still be switched? And last question… could I have the black 791 wheels switched to the 792 bi-color
wheels?

I apologize for such a long post and so many questions… I starting shopping for this car last year. I test drove the C43, a 2023 Corvette, Mustangs, Challengers, and finally the M340i. The M340i is perfect! When I found an opportunity to order the color and options I wanted then I ordered so quick that I didn’t really explore all the goodies… felt like a teenager again…!

Thanks everyone
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2023, 07:05 PM   #277
Badge
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seenbetterdays View Post
Hello all,

First post and hopefully in right location. My first ever BMW has been ordered. 2024 M340i Xdrive, Dravit Grey, 791 black wheels with performance run flats, and a few other options. Got lucky and found a dealer who let me order what I wanted. Order was accepted and assigned a vin # on 9-04-23. Status switched to final assembly on 9-18-23. No status change since then.

My question if anyone can explain port installed options. Is the MPE still available and if so is it a port option? I was told by my dealer that the CF rear spoiler, black side skirts, and front lip install would delay delivery. Therefore, they offered to order the parts and install at their dealership. Does that make sense? Also, I ordered the park distance control but wished I had ordered the complete parking assistance package. Is this something that can still be switched? And last question… could I have the black 791 wheels switched to the 792 bi-color
wheels?

I apologize for such a long post and so many questions… I starting shopping for this car last year. I test drove the C43, a 2023 Corvette, Mustangs, Challengers, and finally the M340i. The M340i is perfect! When I found an opportunity to order the color and options I wanted then I ordered so quick that I didn’t really explore all the goodies… felt like a teenager again…!

Thanks everyone
Nice man, congrats! Unfortunately it's too late to change wheel and tire choices or the park assist packages. MPE can still be added to your order since that gets installed at the port.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2023, 07:10 PM   #278
BimmersAndBoilermakers
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seenbetterdays View Post
Hello all,

wheels?

Thanks everyone
Is the MPE still available and if so is it a port option?
Yes and yes.

I was told by my dealer that the CF rear spoiler, black side skirts, and front lip install would delay delivery. Therefore, they offered to order the parts and install at their dealership. Does that make sense?
I believe you can do it either way, as a port install or a dealership order and install. The difference is that the port install will delay delivery by a bit but doesn’t charge anything for labor, while your dealership will also hold your vehicle and charge for labor. So you’re better option would be port install for the exterior pieces.

Also, I ordered the park distance control but wished I had ordered the complete parking assistance package. Is this something that can still be switched?
No, unfortunately after you go into production begins nothing can be changed. Your best bet is to ask for your deposit back and order a new vehicle if you really want that option.

And last question… could I have the black 791 wheels switched to the 792 bi-color
wheels?
Same answer as the previous one.

Welcome to the wait for a ship!
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2023, 07:12 PM   #279
Seenbetterdays
Registered
Rep

Thank you sir for the quick response! I was afraid of that but I’m not really disappointed. I really want the MPE so I’ll talk to my dealer tomorrow. I had been searching for months for Dravit Grey so I’m just happy about the car. Back in 2007 I paid over MSRP for a Shelby GT 500 and put Borla exhaust on it… the sound was incredible… not for my wife and kids though! The M340i I test drove a few months ago sounded great with standard exhaust but just can’t the thought of the MPE out of my old brain!

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2023, 07:18 PM   #280
Seenbetterdays
Registered
Rep

Thanks guys, I’ll post pics eventually. I’m eventually gonna need a snow tire package anyway so I’ll take what I’m getting now. It’s still a beautiful car I think. Dream car for the last 20 years has been an M model. As an older guy I think the M340i is perfect, classy but also with some punch. I’m at the point in life where I want something you don’t see everyday but something that won’t keep me working into my late 60’s! I’ve been reading these forum posts all summer and I appreciate the loyalty I see towards the car and brand. Thanks again!
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2023, 09:19 PM   #281
sunbeh
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i

So I called the Genius hotline today and the person said that my car actually was at the port on 9/13 and that it's waiting for a ship. Also said that this would take about a month or so, and to call back on 10/13 to find out which ship it'll be on.
Appreciate 1
wangyex39.00
      09-28-2023, 03:44 AM   #282
Wildebimmer340
Rep
Drives: M340ix

Was at the port for two days and then five days to get to the dealer. Buts it’s here! It’s off to get PPF now.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
      09-28-2023, 08:38 AM   #283
wangyex
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeh View Post
So I called the Genius hotline today and the person said that my car actually was at the port on 9/13 and that it's waiting for a ship. Also said that this would take about a month or so, and to call back on 10/13 to find out which ship it'll be on.
We might on the same boat, literately.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 11:55 AM   #284
Badge
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I found a couple ships that will be in Altamira around the end of next week that will head towards Baltimore. Adria Ace and Morning Chorus. Not sure if they will carry some BMWs, but it's something to hope for at least!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 12:17 PM   #285
Bond55Nemesis
Rep
Drives: Audi SQ5, Audi TTRS

Quote:
I found a couple ships that will be in Altamira around the end of next week that will head towards Baltimore. Adria Ace and Morning Chorus. Not sure if they will carry some BMWs, but it's something to hope for at least!
Hoping mine is on there.
      09-28-2023, 02:14 PM   #286
Badge
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Just saw in a thread for the '23 M340 order tracking that someone from IA says their car is aboard the Glovis Cardinal from Altamira. Maybe there's a chance some of us are on there??

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...31560&page=173
Appreciate 0