Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Automatic door unlock after the crash. Not in Tiger Wood's Cadillac...

11-29-2009, 12:42 PM   #23
Oulixes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 330xi, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher View Post
Does but they don't get notified till Airbags deploy or the user initiates contact.
Right, and we know that neither US nor German cars are programmed to protect the driver from a golf club by air bags, so no automatic onstar or such.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2009, 02:05 PM   #24
turbocomppro
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i

Has anyone test and see if the car will unlock the doors too if it detects it's under water?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2009, 02:37 PM   #25
max_asdf
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocomppro View Post
Has anyone test and see if the car will unlock the doors too if it detects it's under water?
pretty sure our bmw electronics would instantly fry

wouldnt be able to open the door even if it was unlocked when your under water?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2009, 06:01 PM   #26
Ti335
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

The real question here is how does someone get seriously injured in a low speed collision in such a large vehicle as the Escalade (the fire hydrant that Woods hit was in his neighbor's front yard, so he simply didn't have enough time to accelerate to a high speed). This certainly does not inspire a lot of confidence in GM products...
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2009, 06:08 PM   #27
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

i could careless about tiger woods hopefully this situation will fuck with his head and help my boy Phil get the number one spot lol
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2009, 07:45 PM   #28
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti335 View Post
The real question here is how does someone get seriously injured in a low speed collision in such a large vehicle as the Escalade (the fire hydrant that Woods hit was in his neighbor's front yard, so he simply didn't have enough time to accelerate to a high speed). This certainly does not inspire a lot of confidence in GM products...
I'd say it does not inspire a lot of confidence in Tiger Woods. I think the club swinging wife came before the car accident and I also bet he wasn't wearing a seat belt.
      11-29-2009, 07:47 PM   #29
Ti335
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
I'd say it does not inspire a lot of confidence in Tiger Woods. I think the club swinging wife came before the car accident and I also bet he wasn't wearing a seat belt.
That's could very well be...but according to the article he was drifting in and out of consciousness when the paramedics arrived. Had he been beaten unconscious by his wife, he wouldn't have gotten behind the wheel in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #30
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
i could careless about tiger woods hopefully this situation will fuck with his head and help my boy Phil get the number one spot lol
phil is not in Tiger's league. sorry

as long as TW is around...your boy phil will always be second.

This is TW's first hiccup in the public eye...it will surely be interesting to see how it pans out, but I doubt he will relinquish his top spot.
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2009, 09:55 AM   #31
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
i believe that as well too bro. I think she roughed him up real good....he was probably dazed and partially out of it when he jumped into his car.

There are just so many details that don't make sense.
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2009, 04:57 PM   #32
AcMilan714
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i, e36 325is.

Tiger was drinking and yelling at his wife. He got in his car and was probably going to go ^%$$ the other girl, when he got in his car she went after him broke the window with a golf club blahh blahh blahhhhh.
Appreciate 0