Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Lane change Assistant?

08-02-2021, 08:23 AM   #23
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by njw1967 View Post
Hi do you have copy or screenshot of the brochure reference to Lane change assistant as I cannot find it anywhere ?

Thanks NJW
Just pick the G05 on the UK configurator, DAP and its listed there.

Doesn't look like you can order DAP on the G20 at all at the moment due to the parts shortage.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 08:28 AM   #24
njw1967
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Quote:
Hi do you have copy or screenshot of the brochure reference to Lane change assistant as I cannot find it anywhere ?

Thanks NJW
Just pick the G05 on the UK configurator, DAP and its listed there.

Doesn't look like you can order DAP on the G20 at all at the moment due to the parts shortage.
You can on the M cars i believe
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 09:09 AM   #25
RAFats
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i Mineral White

Quote:
You can on the M cars i believe
And there at the bottom of the description of the G05 configurator you will note that Lane Change Assistant is deactivated on ordering for technical reasons as indeed it is on my M440i. M cars were OK in June although that may now have changed. Always best to check with dealer on absolute up to date information and ensure that the order details exactly what you are getting on the point of ordering. They can change the spec during build as we know but at least we should all know what we think we are ordering.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 02:28 PM   #26
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Good spot. That was my point - it's random.

There are multiple UK models including the G05 which have had lane change available, but it comes and goes at BMW's will. They also have traffic light assistance listed on the configurator but thats not actually been delivered on UK cars either. Oddly, the option is available in i-drive but when selected it complains its not available in the UK.

I've been using lane change assistant on my MY19 G05 since 2019 and it works flawlessly. It was in the brochure when I ordered, but delivered without it. MY20 got it. When I complained to BMW UK they said it wasn't available on my car and couldn't be retrofitted due to hardware changes. Obviously BS!

Traffic light assistant works perfectly too, so no idea why it's not been released. Works a lot better than the tesla version which requires acknowledgment of every traffic light, including green lights, or it comes to a halt!

Last edited by ifr; 08-02-2021 at 02:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 02:38 PM   #27
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Ok thanks for the reply still totally made up with it, im told any coding is wiped out by updates any way.
Maybe it will get added as they've recently changed the laws on automated driving

Regards Neil
The lane change can be VO Coded. If you have 8TR in your FA (check VIN decoder) then thats whats blocking it. Simply removing that and VO Coding SAS, HU_MGU and BDC will re-enable the capability.

Software updates won't impact that level of coding and the dealer wouldn't notice an issue as so many UK cars already have it. TLA is a different matter as no-one officially has that.

The dealer software can compare your FA with your VIN and detect changes if so inclined, so my best practice is always to back out the FA change (put 8TR back) prior to a scheduled dealer visit, to mitigate the very low risk.
Appreciate 1
njw1967619.50