Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Awaiting order - further delays?

12-02-2022, 09:40 AM   #1299
Kinsman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yas_KD View Post
Standard white paint with tech pack . This is why i am baffled as to why my order will take so long. Doesn't make any sense.
I've been given an estimated delivery of early April for a high spec touring. Worth phoning around as you may get lucky and find a slot.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 08:14 AM   #1300
insinghcere
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike330i View Post
I wish I could help - but the information I managed to get was this: -

Dealer - Production start estimate = 17 Oct
First try of Genius - Production start estimate = May 23 (what the heck!)
Second try of Genius (one week later) - Production start estimate = June 23 (it just gets better!)
Dealer - actual Production start = 28 Oct (bit late, but better than next year)
Genius - at Port of Exit = 11 Nov (it must have flown through the factory)
Genius - At Sea = 16 Nov
Dealer - confirmed At Sea - could not supply Ship name

From the above I think my car is on the Drive Green Highway - or it is half way to the Far East.

Just hoping that when it arrives it is 100% as per the order.

Regards, Mike.
Have been following this thread for some time, posting for the first time. My 330i supposedly updated to "At Sea" on Nov 20th. And I can't seem to find any ships that left Veracruz terminal on or around the 20th.

I'm hoping the status update was delayed and it actually left around the 15th, so hopefully very much on the Drive Green Highway. If so, should be landing at Southampton around the 10-11th of Dec.

If not, then it's likely on Victoria Highway which is super delayed and still at Altamira. And I'm screwed!

For context,
- Booked in first week of Oct 22
- Production in last week of Oct 22
- Original delivery timeline of w/c Dec 19th, which advanced to w/c Dec 11th and now sitting at w/c Dec 26th (the car was stuck on status 165 for 20 days) as per my dealer / online genius.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 09:05 AM   #1301
AndrewP_UK
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 335D M-Sport

After a week at status 150 mine's now moved on to 151. M340d Touring in Tanzanite. For info I ordered end of May and was originally given a build slot in early September. Got to mid August then this bounced to November, then October then w/c 5th December which is now happening. Should be good to collect early Jan.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 10:31 AM   #1302
Mike330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i M Sport LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by insinghcere View Post
Have been following this thread for some time, posting for the first time. My 330i supposedly updated to "At Sea" on Nov 20th. And I can't seem to find any ships that left Veracruz terminal on or around the 20th.

I'm hoping the status update was delayed and it actually left around the 15th, so hopefully very much on the Drive Green Highway. If so, should be landing at Southampton around the 10-11th of Dec.

If not, then it's likely on Victoria Highway which is super delayed and still at Altamira. And I'm screwed!

For context,
- Booked in first week of Oct 22
- Production in last week of Oct 22
- Original delivery timeline of w/c Dec 19th, which advanced to w/c Dec 11th and now sitting at w/c Dec 26th (the car was stuck on status 165 for 20 days) as per my dealer / online genius.
I'll be visiting my Dealer on Tuesday 6th Dec - to get a final valuation on my current Jag XF that will be traded in - so I will be asking for any updates on the delivery schedule.

The Dealer has previously said that they will not get an update until the car is assigned to a Transporter at the Port of Entry - so they will probably just repeat the "at Dealer" estimate of 19th Dec.

I still think I'll be extremely lucky to take ownership before Xmas - so I'll also be asking about opening dates between Xmas and New Year.

DGH is due into Southampton on 10th Dec - I think its routing has been altered slightly - but it appears to be on schedule

Due to not using many holidays during this year - my Xmas starts on the 15th Dec - maybe I should offer to drive my car from Port to Dealer

Regards, Mike.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 05:10 AM   #1303
Hofmeister Kink
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M Sport 2022 LCI

Morning all, I contacted BMW Genius on Friday for the first time to ask for an update on delivery. Not very impressed to be honest. They didn’t know the name of the ship, or an ETA for arrival at Southampton, only the week when the car was due at the dealers - which is 2 weeks later than what my sales rep is telling me, so not sure who to believe! I also find BMW live chat to be very slow - takes 2-3 minutes for a response - it’s as if they are handling 20 other enquiries at the same time…

Hoping mine is on the Drive Green Highway keeping your cars company��
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 05:39 AM   #1304
philmots
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i Touring LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hofmeister Kink View Post
Morning all, I contacted BMW Genius on Friday for the first time to ask for an update on delivery. Not very impressed to be honest. They didn’t know the name of the ship, or an ETA for arrival at Southampton, only the week when the car was due at the dealers - which is 2 weeks later than what my sales rep is telling me, so not sure who to believe! I also find BMW live chat to be very slow - takes 2-3 minutes for a response - it’s as if they are handling 20 other enquiries at the same time…

Hoping mine is on the Drive Green Highway keeping your cars company��
That’s all the information any of us ever get from the genius.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2022, 08:06 AM   #1305
Jonnyr7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M340i touring

order status 151 today, so build is progressing :-)
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 09:55 AM   #1306
Burforce
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 LCi incoming

She's left the factory on her way to Cuxport. Going to be an expensive Christmas.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 02:21 PM   #1307
Hofmeister Kink
Private
Rep

Drive Green Highway due into Southampton 3am tomorrow. Hoping there’s a few G20s being dropped off…
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2022, 06:47 AM   #1308
Mike330i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Drive Green Highway due into Southampton 3am tomorrow. Hoping there’s a few G20s being dropped off…
I'm really hopeful that my G20 will be amongst them - I've been tracking DGH across the Atlantic, to Antwerp, then Bremerhaven, and now Southampton. The departure date from Veracruz ties in with my Car going from At Port Of Exit - to - At Sea. However, no one can actually confirm if my Car is on DGH - even my Dealer admitted that I probably have more information than they do.

I'm hoping that I get Transporter allocation update sometime this week - that we give me a fighting chance of getting my Blue Beauty before Xmas.

Everything crossed, regards Mike.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2022, 08:50 AM   #1309
Mike330i
Private First Class
Rep

Just contacted Online Genius - not a good idea

They said my car is "Being transported to UK", estimated delivery to Dealer 9th January

If this correct - then my car was not on Drive Green Highway.

So I might have been tracking the wrong ship

I'll try again on Monday - when I know that DGH will have departed, and its vehicles will have been scanned into the system.

Bugger

Regards, Mike.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2022, 11:42 AM   #1310
Hofmeister Kink
Private
Rep

Sorry to hear that Mike. Hopefully for you, that status is not up to date and you will get some good news next week. My sales guy at Park Lane said that he had a customer who’s car was scheduled first week in Jan which turned up 2 weeks earlier. I’ve emailed him to tell him about DGH’s arrival at Southampton so let’s see what transpires this week.

I do find it a bit odd that BMW can’t give more accurate info out on delivery times once the car has left the factory - when you’d expect a high degree of predictability. Clearly the logistics team know exactly what chassis number is on which ship, whose schedule is clearly defined. Plus or minus a few days, maybe. Plus or minus a few weeks, can’t understand that lack of granularity. I don’t think that fits my definition of the word ‘genius’!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2022, 12:01 PM   #1311
Mike330i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Sorry to hear that Mike. Hopefully for you, that status is not up to date and you will get some good news next week. My sales guy at Park Lane said that he had a customer who’s car was scheduled first week in Jan which turned up 2 weeks earlier. I’ve emailed him to tell him about DGH’s arrival at Southampton so let’s see what transpires this week.

I do find it a bit odd that BMW can’t give more accurate info out on delivery times once the car has left the factory - when you’d expect a high degree of predictability. Clearly the logistics team know exactly what chassis number is on which ship, whose schedule is clearly defined. Plus or minus a few days, maybe. Plus or minus a few weeks, can’t understand that lack of granularity. I don’t think that fits my definition of the word ‘genius’!
I spoke to my Dealer on Tuesday - and he still thought "just" before Xmas - even making arrangements for someone else to cover if he is not available - so the Genius update was totally unexpected.

He also confirmed that only a few years ago they used to get all the same logistics updates as the US. Stages of production, transport, ships, the lot - then BMW stopped providing it

Regards, Mike
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 02:52 AM   #1312
ramsaj91
Rep
Drives: M440i

Have heard the same thing too - limited in what they can see. My dealer & BMW genius say delivery will be before the new year yet the vehicle has been at stage 155 since 5/12.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 04:06 AM   #1313
Jonnyr7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M340i touring

mine went status 190 at the end of last week. in transit to port of exit...
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 08:12 AM   #1314
insinghcere
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I spoke to my Dealer on Tuesday - and he still thought "just" before Xmas - even making arrangements for someone else to cover if he is not available - so the Genius update was totally unexpected.

He also confirmed that only a few years ago they used to get all the same logistics updates as the US. Stages of production, transport, ships, the lot - then BMW stopped providing it

Regards, Mike
Update: Checked with genius right now and the status has changed to 193. Apparently, it just took longer for the system to update (was still 195 at 10am today). Will call my dealership tomorrow and get clarity on the delivery timeline.

Go DGH!!

Original comment:

Mine’s still showing as 195. So, clearly, DGH was a disappointment all around. Still on the timeline for week of Dec 26th.

Separately, spoke to BMW Genius the other day. On probing about the details re which ship my car was on, they shared with me a “Carrier Load Number” for my order. Although, they haven’t been able to advise me on how to interpret that (“we generally don’t share it with customers because there are no next steps with that number”) and I haven’t had any success in using it for tracking across the various shipping company websites.

Looks like things are moving into the first week of jan now.

Edit: Forgot to mention - the next ship from Veracruz to Southampton is Victoria Highway, expected at Southampton on the 27th of Dec. Fingers crossed!!
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2022, 12:29 PM   #1315
Hofmeister Kink
Private
Rep

Well bucking the trend but Genius confirmed this afternoon that my car is now at Southampton - maybe Drive Green Highway did have a few cars onboard after all. Due to collect on 22 December so 9 days to get up the M3 and PDI’d at Park Lane. Hoping my fellow posters get some good news soon!
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2022, 01:09 PM   #1316
Mike330i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Well bucking the trend but Genius confirmed this afternoon that my car is now at Southampton - maybe Drive Green Highway did have a few cars onboard after all. Due to collect on 22 December so 9 days to get up the M3 and PDI’d at Park Lane. Hoping my fellow posters get some good news soon!
No such luck here - my 330i is still "At Sea"

Latest information was that it left Veracruz on or just before 1st December - as that was the last time its status was updated.

I've given up trying to work out what ship it might be on, or when it will arrive.

The way things are going I'm going to have get new tyres on my current Jag XF - pay for 6 months tax - probably get it serviced & MOT'd - otherwise I'll be without legal transport until the BMW arrives.

When I started the purchase I did not expect to see the new car before Feb / March - but the Dealer had a suitable build slot so everything moved forward. I have recently learnt that my first build slot got cancelled for no reason, but the Dealer managed to transfer me to another slot - but that cost two weeks - and now here I am with everything happening at once

This was meant to be enjoyable, Mike.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 01:30 PM   #1317
asbost
Private
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport

Ordered the 330e m sport in Brooklyn grey with HK in mid September. Delivery date to dealership is 17th March. This is a company car so I'm not sure who the dealership was.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 01:56 PM   #1318
insinghcere
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Your “checked in the afternoon” comment prompted me to check with the Genius again and my car is also at the Southampton port now. Yay!!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 09:22 AM   #1319
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

Quote:
No such luck here - my 330i is still "At Sea"

Latest information was that it left Veracruz on or just before 1st December - as that was the last time its status was updated.

I've given up trying to work out what ship it might be on, or when it will arrive.

The way things are going I'm going to have get new tyres on my current Jag XF - pay for 6 months tax - probably get it serviced & MOT'd - otherwise I'll be without legal transport until the BMW arrives.

When I started the purchase I did not expect to see the new car before Feb / March - but the Dealer had a suitable build slot so everything moved forward. I have recently learnt that my first build slot got cancelled for no reason, but the Dealer managed to transfer me to another slot - but that cost two weeks - and now here I am with everything happening at once

This was meant to be enjoyable, Mike.
No gain without pain!
Joking aside though Mike, my order a few months back went one week back then two weeks back then one week forward then arrived two weeks early!
Realistically anything can happen with the 'tracking system' which at best is approximate (often long overdue an update) and at worst can be nowhere near up to date.
Don't lose heart and once you've got it and been driving around in it for only a very short period of time you'll have forgotten all about this drama!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 11:15 AM   #1320
Mike330i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
No gain without pain!
Joking aside though Mike, my order a few months back went one week back then two weeks back then one week forward then arrived two weeks early!
Realistically anything can happen with the 'tracking system' which at best is approximate (often long overdue an update) and at worst can be nowhere near up to date.
Don't lose heart and once you've got it and been driving around in it for only a very short period of time you'll have forgotten all about this drama!
You're right.

I think the Dealers are working with their hands tied behind their backs. BMW appear to make promises as regards build slots - then cancel them at the last minute - without any reason given. If it is parts availability - then at least pass on the information - we all know that supply chains are still recovering - no secret.

But why are some parts of the world able to easily access status information - and others are excluded. If I had up to date tracking data - I would not have wasted time tracking the wrong ship, falsely building excitement. My Dealer doesn't really have an estimate anymore - that's obvious from the wording in emails - or lack of.

Never mind, got Xmas to look forward to now

Regards, Mike.
Appreciate 1
bmnut842.50