Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Let's track my 2021 M440i

05-07-2021, 02:40 PM   #133
dwj6211
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 4 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsi9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwj6211 View Post
Wait I don't think you ever shared your build! What are you waiting on?!
Here's the setup:
https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...y7gj7a/summary

Was going for an electric commute, Sport mode on weekends, and this kind of vibe:
https://www.junghanswatchesusa.net/m...104_p_356.html
https://rh.com/catalog/product/produ...Id=prod2010004
Nice. I'm already envious of your Driving Assistance Professional Package.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 06:02 PM   #134
ArcticBlueM440i
Private
Rep
Drives: 24 iX, 21 m440i cvt (RIP)

Quote:
Once you drive a car with adaptive cruise you can never go back.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 04:01 PM   #135
dwj6211
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticBlueM440i View Post
Quote:
Once you drive a car with adaptive cruise you can never go back.
I test drove one with it, it was so annoying that I had to touch the wheel so often!

I hear it really is best in traffic, but I didn't get to experience that!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 04:31 PM   #136
ArcticBlueM440i
Private
Rep

Quote:
I test drove one with it, it was so annoying that I had to touch the wheel so often!

I have it on our kid-mobile. I rarely use the steering part but the automatic speed/distance thing is so helpful. Plenty of driving on two lane highways where you can't pass so just set it to follow the car in front. Ditto in slow traffic.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 05:32 PM   #137
Cabrio Luv
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 M440i Cabriolet - on orde

Extended Traffic Jam Assist

Quote:
I have it on our kid-mobile. I rarely use the steering part but the automatic speed/distance thing is so helpful. Plenty of driving on two lane highways where you can't pass so just set it to follow the car in front. Ditto in slow traffic.
One week with my new M440i and has been learning all the new features of iDrive7 as well as practicing its Driver's Assistance Pro, Extended Traffic Jam Assist and Park Assistance Plus. All while being a good lad keeping the car in Comfort and Eco-Pro modes staying within the breaking-in recommendations.

I've had what Audi calls Adaptive Cruise since my A7 to S7 days, and then Merc's Intelligent Drive. I've gotten used to having these features and I do use them regularly in city driving mostly. But having tried out these on this new BMW, I must say I'm absolutely pleased with it's usefulness and accuracy and safety. Works flawlessly in almost all instances. What impresses me most is the Extended Traffic Jam Assist which is totally automatic as the system cameras and sensors will assess the surrounding and the traffic flow below 60kph (Canadian!). Once it senses that it is safe to do so, there'll be a prompt in the driver's instrument cluster that an additional Mode is available. Which means for as long as the vehicle speed and others in traffic is kept below 60kph, the car will drive itself hands-free without your intervention or touching the steering. Of course under the watchful 'eyes' of the Driver's Attention Camera.
Definitely takes away a lot of traffic jam stress and angst if you're one like me. In fact for the past past few days, I've been looking for heavy traffic routes and have a grin when caught in jams.

I learned a lot from watching this guys' videos, which can be a bit lengthy but very detailed for a newbie like me on BMW's systems:

You can skip to approx the 9.30min mark if you want.
2021 - M440i RWD Cabriolet (cancelled order) Dravit Grey on Cognac
2021 - M440i xDrive Coupe TB/Oyster

Last edited by Cabrio Luv; 05-08-2021 at 05:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 08:43 PM   #138
dwj6211
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio Luv View Post
Quote:
One week with my new M440i and has been learning all the new features of iDrive7 as well as practicing its Driver's Assistance Pro, Extended Traffic Jam Assist and Park Assistance Plus. All while being a good lad keeping the car in Comfort and Eco-Pro modes staying within the breaking-in recommendations.

I've had what Audi calls Adaptive Cruise since my A7 to S7 days, and then Merc's Intelligent Drive. I've gotten used to having these features and I do use them regularly in city driving mostly. But having tried out these on this new BMW, I must say I'm absolutely pleased with it's usefulness and accuracy and safety. Works flawlessly in almost all instances. What impresses me most is the Extended Traffic Jam Assist which is totally automatic as the system cameras and sensors will assess the surrounding and the traffic flow below 60kph (Canadian!). Once it senses that it is safe to do so, there'll be a prompt in the driver's instrument cluster that an additional Mode is available. Which means for as long as the vehicle speed and others in traffic is kept below 60kph, the car will drive itself hands-free without your intervention or touching the steering. Of course under the watchful 'eyes' of the Driver's Attention Camera.
Definitely takes away a lot of traffic jam stress and angst if you're one like me. In fact for the past past few days, I've been looking for heavy traffic routes and have a grin when caught in jams.

I learned a lot from watching this guys' videos, which can be a bit lengthy but very detailed for a newbie like me on BMW's systems:

You can skip to approx the 9.30min mark if you want.
I do wish that adaptive cruise control was standard. I find it so silly that it's not a standard or even stand alone option.

I see the value in the traffic jam assist, but I might be too high strung to just let the car maintain stop and go in one lane lol. I do admit this is a pretty cool feature, I've seen that guys videos.

Question— in plus mode does the signal still change lanes? That would be a game changer, but I imagine it's not aggressive enough to change lanes the way I would in stop and go traffic lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 08:45 PM   #139
dwj6211
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah! This is why adaptive cruise control alone should be standard. This I agree with... I use it all the time in my jeep.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 01:15 AM   #140
Cabrio Luv
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 M440i Cabriolet - on orde

Extended Traffic Jam Assist

Quote:
Question— in plus mode does the signal still change lanes? That would be a game changer, but I imagine it's not aggressive enough to change lanes the way I would in stop and go traffic lol.
I did not try that as it didn't cross my mind at all. Was contented to just let the system do it's own thing, sitting back hands off, foot off, stay alert and be amazed. The next time it activates in a traffic jam, I'll be sure to give the turn signal stalk a push. Although I'm pretty sure this system working can only mean there may not be sufficient safe distance for any lane change given vehicles may be on the other lane(s) going 60kph or below. If it does work, it'll probably piss off the other driver in that lane for being too passive during the lane change
2021 - M440i RWD Cabriolet (cancelled order) Dravit Grey on Cognac
2021 - M440i xDrive Coupe TB/Oyster
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 12:10 AM   #141
CarZen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 430xi

My 430xi has been At Port since 05/04, east coast delivery. Hoping it ships out one of these days

Last edited by CarZen; 05-10-2021 at 12:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 07:10 AM   #142
dwj6211
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarZen View Post
My 430xi has been At Port since 05/04, east coast delivery. Hoping it ships out one of these days

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/dtkB7jx1/image0-3.jpg[/img]
I bet it's on this next ship leaving the 12th, or the 18th.

The ship leaving on the 18th, the Tugela, is the same ship my last bmw arrived on!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 02:48 PM   #143
CarZen
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

The ship leaving on the 18th, the Tugela, is the same ship my last bmw arrived on!
I sure hope it's on the ship leaving the 12th! No update as of yet but I understand it takes a day or two to get updated on MyBMW.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 05:57 AM   #144
dwj6211
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I sure hope it's on the ship leaving the 12th! No update as of yet but I understand it takes a day or two to get updated on MyBMW.
Yeah… I bet they will know today by end of day if it made the ship that left on the 12th.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 02:38 PM   #145
CarZen
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Yeah… I bet they will know today by end of day if it made the ship that left on the 12th.

Should the BMW Genius rep know which ship it's on? I tried to get some info out of them yesterday but he explained that he has access to the same info I do via MyBmw

Thanks for your insight
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 04:16 PM   #146
ArcticBlueM440i
Private
Rep

Quote:
Should the BMW Genius rep know which ship it's on? I tried to get some info out of them yesterday but he explained that he has access to the same info I do via MyBmw

Thanks for your insight
Probably not. A few days ago the website updated for me 10 minutes after the Genius told me he had no information yet, so they don't seem to get info any earlier.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 06:36 AM   #147
dwj6211
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for your insight
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for your insight
Probably not. A few days ago the website updated for me 10 minutes after the Genius told me he had no information yet, so they don't seem to get info any earlier.
Once it is in fact on a ship, they should know the name of the ship yes. However, there is a delay from the time the car boards the ship to the time bmw geniuses know it has in fact been loaded into the ship. So the timeline kinda looks like this:

1. At port
2. Vessel assigned (genius doesn't know when or name yet.)
3. Vehicle gets loaded onto ship (genius doesn't know this yet)
4. 1-2 days pass.
5. Bmw system is updated with ship date and vessel name (they now have this info to share).
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 09:43 AM   #148
CarZen
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Once it is in fact on a ship, they should know the name of the ship yes. However, there is a delay from the time the car boards the ship to the time bmw geniuses know it has in fact been loaded into the ship. So the timeline kinda looks like this:

1. At port
4. 1-2 days pass.
5. Bmw system is updated with ship date and vessel name (they now have this info to share).
Awesome, I'm going to call them now.

Since as of this morning, I am now officially "In Transit" - I was warned "At Port" would feel like the longest wait - and boy - you guys were right

Appreciate 1
dwj621178.00
      05-14-2021, 03:37 PM   #149
dwj6211
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

1. At port
4. 1-2 days pass.
Awesome, I'm going to call them now.

Since as of this morning, I am now officially "In Transit" - I was warned "At Port" would feel like the longest wait - and boy - you guys were right

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/jd8h5jtR/IMG-3508.jpg[/img]
Nice!!! Congrats!!!! Let me see your build lol
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 04:33 PM   #150
CarZen
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Sure thing

I know it's nothing special compared to some of the other beautiful builds on here - but coming from a 2018 Civic Si, this thing is going to feel like a huge upgrade

Last edited by CarZen; 05-14-2021 at 04:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 05:51 PM   #151
dwj6211
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Sure thing

I know it's nothing special compared to some of the other beautiful builds on here - but coming from a 2018 Civic Si, this thing is going to feel like a huge upgrade

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/GmRcmLMM/Snip-1.png[/img]
.[img]https://i.postimg.cc/zGz9QV21/snip-2.png[/img]
Nooo that's a sick build! I would have done the exact same, only change I would have made would be mineral white because I lovvvvvve mineral white lol. My last BMWs were all mineral white but my first one was alpine…. Sick build!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 02:16 PM   #152
dwj6211
Private First Class
Rep

All you guys on the east coast close to jersey waiting your your m440 or 430, you have to go check out the BMW ultimate driving experience at the MetLife stadium. I just got back…. It was so much fun! Got to see several Dravit Greys. Really was a great time.

Appreciate 1
CCM11285374.00
      05-16-2021, 02:59 PM   #153
ArcticBlueM440i
Private
Rep

I had no idea about this, thanks! Going Thursday afternoon!
Appreciate 1
dwj621178.00
      05-16-2021, 03:58 PM   #154
dwj6211
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Welcome! Did you make a reservation? I heard that if you attend they usually email you a 1k "OL credit" that you can use too. I'll let you know if they send me one!
Appreciate 0