Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
You mean she stole it all once already?
Cleaning lady before her stole a few of my items when I was out of town.

Poor way of wording it. Should have said "I now need to, again, go through the process of finding someone I hope will not steal my belongings."
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 01:14 PM   #1806
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Every time my 6 year old says "Anderson hit me two times or this happened two times" I say "twice" and he looks at me funny and keeps whining.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 03:32 PM   #1807
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Every time my 6 year old says "Anderson hit me two times or this happened two times" I say "twice" and he looks at me funny and keeps whining.
#ParentalWorldProblem

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 03:34 PM   #1808
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
Cleaning lady before her stole a few of my items when I was out of town.

Poor way of wording it. Should have said "I now need to, again, go through the process of finding someone I hope will not steal my belongings."
You'll be receiving my bill for the grammar lesson.

I'd love to have a cleaning person. But anyone walking into our house would scream, turn, and run.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2015, 06:20 PM   #1809
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Found out my special order m6 is ahead of schedule, which sucks because I won't be in CA most of July to pick it up immediately
      05-09-2015, 06:21 PM   #1810
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls View Post
Found out my special order m6 is ahead of schedule, which sucks because I won't be in CA most of July to pick it up immediately
So, you are keeping the 2014 and 2016 which you ordered?
      05-09-2015, 06:23 PM   #1811
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena
Quote:
So, you are keeping the 2014 and 2016 which you ordered?
Nah, I already had someone take over my 2014 (almost a month now)

I've been bimmerless since & been driving my Yaris when not traveling. Which is why Sara504 and I haven't gone out yet, too embarrassed!
      05-09-2015, 07:57 PM   #1812
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:

I've been bimmerless since & been driving my Yaris when not traveling. Which is why Sara504 and I haven't gone out yet, too embarrassed!
Sometimes you do need a vehicles which has 4doors, economical, and automatic. This is the reason I still have my trusting 201k miles 1999 Avalon.
      05-09-2015, 08:01 PM   #1813
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena
Quote:

Sometimes you do need a vehicles which has 4doors, economical, and automatic. This is the reason I still have my trusting 201k miles 1999 Avalon.
Mines the hatchback, 5 speed mt Yaris- however, you're absolutely right. Save a ton in comparison to the M on gas- and even though right now i have no choice- when I had my last m6- I'd drive the Yaris whenever I was in a bad mood or simply didn't want attention. You'd be amazed at the difference of attention you get between the two. Not because it was an M6, but it was frozen silver- so most people wanted to know where I got it "wrapped" so they could go there- only to disappoint them that it's factory paint
      05-10-2015, 08:26 AM   #1814
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Mines the hatchback, 5 speed mt Yaris- however, you're absolutely right. Save a ton in comparison to the M on gas- and even though right now i have no choice- when I had my last m6- I'd drive the Yaris whenever I was in a bad mood or simply didn't want attention. You'd be amazed at the difference of attention you get between the two. Not because it was an M6, but it was frozen silver- so most people wanted to know where I got it "wrapped" so they could go there- only to disappoint them that it's factory paint
If I ever had the cash to buy an exotic this would be my main concern. Unlike some people I hate the attention. I don't even like the minimal attention I get in my Z. I've rented exotics a couple times and the attention was horrible. Even in a C6 I rented one weekend I got a lot of waves but at least those were mostly from other vette owners so not as bad.

This being a FWP thread I guess if I did get an exotic I would have to come here and bitch about how I now have to build my own personal track on my estate.
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2015, 11:30 AM   #1815
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps
Quote:
If I ever had the cash to buy an exotic this would be my main concern. Unlike some people I hate the attention. I don't even like the minimal attention I get in my Z. I've rented exotics a couple times and the attention was horrible. Even in a C6 I rented one weekend I got a lot of waves but at least those were mostly from other vette owners so not as bad.

This being a FWP thread I guess if I did get an exotic I would have to come here and bitch about how I now have to build my own personal track on my estate.
Yeah man, it's something you have to mentally prepare yourself for. I'm not one of those guys who thinks that just because I drive an M, I swear the world notices me. Most people can't tell the difference, and just think it's a higher end BMW. This is one of the reasons even though my finances allows me to go for an i8 Ferrari, or lambo- I decide to stay in the M division. They're relative "sleepers" on the road.

But in certain situations- like mine with the frozen paint, people want to know what it is, cause it's the first thing they see- and looks 100 times better than a wrap. Then you also have your enthusiasts who will recognize the vehicle (like your c6 experience) and want to dissect the car. The first 50 times or so it's cool, but after a while sometimes you just want to go to the market or the gym without having someone you don't know talking to you.

Personally, I try to keep positive since I know not everyone can be in one, so the few minutes they check it out, is usually fine- but bad days at work/personal life mishaps- it's the last thing you want to deal with.

Funny though, I have noticed more people are courteous/mindful of me when on the road in the M6. It's fun too when you have friends in the car catching others take pictures of it. Truly a first world problem that one must consider.
      05-10-2015, 12:46 PM   #1816
Woodengun
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yugo

How you guys in sales do it, I don't understand. I travel for business only 1-3 times a year and I hate it. Sleeping in hotel rooms at weird times and away from my wife makes for a crappy day.

And now I also have to drive a rental instead of the F82...

First world problems, lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2015, 12:53 PM   #1817
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodengun View Post
How you guys in sales do it, I don't understand. I travel for business only 1-3 times a year and I hate it. Sleeping in hotel rooms at weird times and away from my wife makes for a crappy day.

And now I also have to drive a rental instead of the F82...

First world problems, lol.
Worst part of that is eating by yourself. In my former job I had to stay over night in Chicago a few times each year. I always took advantage of the good restaurants there, but hated sitting there by myself. Wasn't too bad if the hotel had a decent sports bar/restaurant where I could at least watch a game.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2015, 03:10 PM   #1818
GB-335xiCoupe
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: 29k mi per year.

Quote:
Worst part of that is eating by yourself. In my former job I had to stay over night in Chicago a few times each year. I always took advantage of the good restaurants there, but hated sitting there by myself. Wasn't too bad if the hotel had a decent sports bar/restaurant where I could at least watch a game.
+1

I travel maybe 1x a year for my job (other than driving 40k+ every year around Wisconsin).

This Monday I have to fly to San Jose for 2 days of training. Flying back on Thursday. Damn 1.5-2hr layovers. smh. I hate flying. PITA.

When I have to go to Memphis, I DRIVE down from Green Bay. I can expense the mileage. Fk flying!
Maint: Walnut blast 101k, Trans/T-case Fluid 103k, OFHG 195k
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 06:41 AM   #1819
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
You'll be receiving my bill for the grammar lesson.

I'd love to have a cleaning person. But anyone walking into our house would scream, turn, and run.
I know we didn't discuss pricing, but I trust you to be reasonably nice as I'm a first time customer.

It's kind of pathetic. I didn't even pay her much, my apartment is only likr 750 sq/ft.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 09:11 AM   #1820
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
I never had a problem eating by myself, figured you could always be on business, etc.

But what is weird is going to a movie by yourself! I used to love film and would routinely go by myself in my single days. Felt like a LOSER when the lights came on

Never had a problem going to college bars by myself. Often found women to ask me to join their group.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 09:21 AM   #1821
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Valve stems on track wheels look a black penis coming out of the wheels vs stock tpms valve stems.

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 10:57 AM   #1822
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
I'm right here in Port Hueneme, could meet it at the dock. I could even ask my son's coach to take special care of it at VPC, then it could come stay at my house for a while. I couldn't wash it with water, but would do the clay bar and a few coats of Z2. . .
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 11:01 AM   #1823
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan View Post
Valve stems on track wheels look a black penis coming out of the wheels vs stock tpms valve stems.
My first time posting on this thread... LOL WUT! More like a black pinky. To look like a BP is has to be at least 9 inches like me numsaying?!
      05-11-2015, 11:48 AM   #1824
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede
Quote:
I'm right here in Port Hueneme, could meet it at the dock. I could even ask my son's coach to take special care of it at VPC, then it could come stay at my house for a while. I couldn't wash it with water, but would do the clay bar and a few coats of Z2. . .
Ha....ha....ha......

You can go see it at crevier BMW if it does happen to get here while I'm gone. I told my Ca I'm fine with it being in the show room
      05-11-2015, 11:58 AM   #1825
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
My first time posting on this thread... LOL WUT! More like a black pinky. To look like a BP is has to be at least 9 inches like me numsaying?!
I didn't know, you got me on that one.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 02:24 PM   #1826
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Ha....ha....ha......

You can go see it at crevier BMW if it does happen to get here while I'm gone. I told my Ca I'm fine with it being in the show room
Fine. I offer to do your prep (I'm WAY better than the dealer at that, at least) but you would rather they put it in a showroom. . . I could have had it broken in by the time you pick it up.
Appreciate 0