Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Order Tracking Thread - Stages, Dates and Data Points

07-23-2021, 04:40 PM   #2157
Blado
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 3 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viserion View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by g20lb View Post
Saw your message but for some reason, I can't reply so I'll respond here. From my experience, it was pretty accurate and the MyGarage was about a day or two late. I tracked my ship on vesselfinder once it got to Ready for Transport and the ship got to the port before it updated on the car tracker. It even arrived a few days earlier than what my CA told me. The hardest part is the wait but man is it worth it. Congrats on the new car!

Yeah thanks man. I think the wait is gonna be so hard looking at how long the others in this thread are waiting.

the wait is long, but the end is near for me. 9ish weeks since production, finally reached dealer. keep up hope, your day will come sooner than you think!
Appreciate 1
      07-23-2021, 05:00 PM   #2158
RoosterMarley
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blado View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Saw your message but for some reason, I can't reply so I'll respond here. From my experience, it was pretty accurate and the MyGarage was about a day or two late. I tracked my ship on vesselfinder once it got to Ready for Transport and the ship got to the port before it updated on the car tracker. It even arrived a few days earlier than what my CA told me. The hardest part is the wait but man is it worth it. Congrats on the new car!

Yeah thanks man. I think the wait is gonna be so hard looking at how long the others in this thread are waiting.

the wait is long, but the end is near for me. 9ish weeks since production, finally reached dealer. keep up hope, your day will come sooner than you think!
Congrats

Mine also just reached the Dealership.

Picking it up on Sunday.

Tracking delivery of this thing daily is going to be a hard habit to get over 🤣🤣
Appreciate 1
      07-23-2021, 06:11 PM   #2159
Exit2mm
Rep
Drives: 2022 330i xDrive

Quote:
Yeah thanks man. I think the wait is gonna be so hard looking at how long the others in this thread are waiting. ��
Genius said my car was scheduled for assembly next week and would be completed on July 28. I just saw on My Garage that the car has started exterior assembly. I believe that is ahead of schedule.
Appreciate 1
      07-23-2021, 08:23 PM   #2160
Blado
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 3 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterMarley View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Congrats

Picking it up on Sunday.

Tracking delivery of this thing daily is going to be a hard habit to get over
let us know how it goes when you pick up the car and share a few pictures too!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 12:53 PM   #2161
RoosterMarley
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Congrats

Picking it up on Sunday.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Congrats

Picking it up on Sunday.

Here is a teaser
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 07:54 AM   #2162
Exit2mm
Rep

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit2mm View Post
Genius said my car was scheduled for assembly next week and would be completed on July 28. I just saw on My Garage that the car has started exterior assembly. I believe that is ahead of schedule.
Here's the latest:

2022 330i xDrive Tanzanite Blue II (Build week 30)

July 8 Car ordered
July 12 Scheduled for production
July 16 Production begins (VIN assigned)
July 23 Exterior body assembly
July 26 In the paint booth
July 27 Enters assembly line
July 27 Assembly in progress
July 27 - 28 overnight: Quality check, Final Assembly, Ready for transport, Awaiting carrier assignment
July 28 Dispatched from factory

Things are moving. Next boat out is July 31, then August 2 and 3rd.

Last edited by Exit2mm; 07-28-2021 at 08:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 11:04 AM   #2163
GRB60
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i X-Drive Convertible

My 2022 M440i X-Drive Convertible has started production:

7/16 Order placed
7/16 Scheduled for production
7/28 Production begins (VIN assigned)
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 11:52 AM   #2164
jlapicki
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB60 View Post
My 2022 M440i X-Drive Convertible has started production:

7/16 Order placed
7/16 Scheduled for production
7/28 Production begins (VIN assigned)
I'm a few days ahead of you and want to do Performance Center delivery.....just received a note from them stating that delivery schedule can not be determined until the 2022 model year receives all EPA and CARB certifications......anyone take delivery of a 2022 model yet?
2017 M2 - Alpine White / Black - SOLD
2001 e39 M5 - Titanium / Caramel - A "Keeper"
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 12:16 PM   #2165
Exit2mm
Rep

2022 at dealerships

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlapicki View Post
I'm a few days ahead of you and want to do Performance Center delivery.....just received a note from them stating that delivery schedule can not be determined until the 2022 model year receives all EPA and CARB certifications......anyone take delivery of a 2022 model yet?
I did a quick search of dealer inventory in the N.Y.C. area and saw that there is a 2022 440i xDrive convertible at a dealership in Morristown. If they aren't able to turn it over to a customer, certainly it won't be long before they can. I'm wondering if BMW gave an "alternative" reason for not being able to schedule your delivery, like the chip shortage for example.

All of the 2022 330i cars I see are "arriving soon." BTW, my car made it to port in one day. I'm hoping to get on the ship leaving on August 1. Anyone else have a car that's ready to be loaded on a ship at Bremerhaven?

BTW, BMWUSA is now showing 2022 in the "build your own" area for both Series 3 and 4 cars.

Last edited by Exit2mm; 07-29-2021 at 12:31 PM.. Reason: Changed date of vessel departure due to W.W. schedule change.
Appreciate 1
      07-29-2021, 02:40 PM   #2166
xef
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
I did a quick search of dealer inventory in the N.Y.C. area and saw that there is a 2022 440i xDrive convertible at a dealership in Morristown. If they aren't able to turn it over to a customer, certainly it won't be long before they can. I'm wondering if BMW gave an "alternative" reason for not being able to schedule your delivery, like the chip shortage for example.

All of the 2022 330i cars I see are "arriving soon." BTW, my car made it to port in one day. I'm hoping to get on the ship leaving on August 1. Anyone else have a car that's ready to be loaded on a ship at Bremerhaven?

BTW, BMWUSA is now showing 2022 in the "build your own" area for both Series 3 and 4 cars.
Dang! Really liking those new interior options on the 340. That, HK, and with how fast you're getting your car(ordered mine mid June and it's been "ready for transport" for the past week plus) I'm pretty tempted to bail on this current order and place a new one. I already have another dealer offering me a discount and an allocation on a 2022. I could get Dravit Grey, too... With how hard the wait has been already I don't know if I could do it, though.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 04:07 PM   #2167
jlapicki
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlapicki View Post

So I am a bit behind you....scheduled for build next week...hope it goes as well as yours and shipping is quick...are you coming from Germany?

Only reason given was new model certification....
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 05:40 PM   #2168
Metanoia
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

Quote:

My 2022 430i has been sitting in the Bremerhaven port since 7/26/21 - hopefully it'll make one of the ships going out this next week. In regards to East Coast deliveries, does anyone know if they usually get shipped to Baltimore or NJ? The distance is about the same to my dealer in PA.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 05:59 PM   #2169
jlapicki
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metanoia View Post
Quote:

My 2022 430i has been sitting in the Bremerhaven port since 7/26/21 - hopefully it'll make one of the ships going out this next week. In regards to East Coast deliveries, does anyone know if they usually get shipped to Baltimore or NJ? The distance is about the same to my dealer in PA.
Baltimore has much larger facilities and a major contract with BMW.....
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 07:05 PM   #2170
Exit2mm
Rep

Quote:
Baltimore was indicated on the order sheet the dealer gave me. There are three ships leaving Bremerhaven for Baltimore over the next few days: August 1, 3, and two on the 5th. I believe one left on July 27th as well.

BTW, how do you know you car is still at the port?

Last edited by Exit2mm; 07-29-2021 at 07:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 09:43 PM   #2171
Onek2fok
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: No Car

Quote:
Quote:

My car is at the port in NJ and my dealer is in PA
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 09:45 PM   #2172
B22G22
Rep
Drives: Bmw m440i

My 2022 m440i finished production and was at the port on July 12th. It wasn’t put on a ship and moved into “in transit” until the 23rd. Schedule says it should arrive at port on August 8th - hoping it gets there on time (or early). Also hope you guys find a vessel quickly - when I talked to genius they told me on average it’s about a week and a half to two weeks sitting at port of Bremerhaven, so just keep that in mind. I know the waiting is the hardest part
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 08:37 AM   #2173
Onek2fok
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B22G22 View Post
My 2022 m440i finished production and was at the port on July 12th. It wasn’t put on a ship and moved into “in transit” until the 23rd. Schedule says it should arrive at port on August 8th - hoping it gets there on time (or early). Also hope you guys find a vessel quickly - when I talked to genius they told me on average it’s about a week and a half to two weeks sitting at port of Bremerhaven, so just keep that in mind. I know the waiting is the hardest part
Is BMW Genius mentioning anything to you about the chip shortage and/or there being a stop sale on your car?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 11:14 AM   #2174
Boxster17
Guinness68
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Boxster S

2022 M340i tracking info

Order rec'd 6/17
Production Sched 6/18
Prod. begins 7/7
Ext. Body Assembly 7/14
Paint Booth 7/15
Enter Assembly Line 7/16
Dispatched from factory 7/19
Port 7/21

I eagerly await carrier assignment
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 12:24 PM   #2175
B22G22
Rep
Drives: Bmw m440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onek2fok View Post
Is BMW Genius mentioning anything to you about the chip shortage and/or there being a stop sale on your car?
Yes, retrofit cameras (I got the parking assistance package). That’s the only stop sale that was mentioned.
Appreciate 1
fxcw8544.00
      07-30-2021, 01:12 PM   #2176
PrezRoosevelt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i Rwd

Quote:
Yes, retrofit cameras (I got the parking assistance package). That’s the only stop sale that was mentioned.
Same as me. Car is at the vpc and was scheduled for release today for delivery tomorrow but seeing as that ETA is still n/a and no ETA on parts either, my car is gonna sit for a while I think. Closing in on my 90 day rate and incentive lock
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 02:09 PM   #2177
Viserion
Rep
Drives: bmw 330i

Quote:
Ordered a new 330i xdrive. It will be a 2022 model
Color : Portimao blue
Options: Driving assistance, MSport, premium package

Ordered - July 7
Scheduled for production - July 7
Production begins - July 19

It is a mexico build
Bmw genius said production should be completed by august 2

Does anyone know if the dates mentioned might change? Or is it accurate?
The production was supposed to be done on August 2nd, but there was no change in the tracking website. The status was "production begins" for 10days.

Called the genius and they told me that not all changes are updated regularly.

So finally today, i got an update in the website and it moved directly to Assembly in progress (skipping exterior assembly, paint booth and entering assembly line )

Ordered - July 7
Scheduled for production - July 7
Production begins - July 19
29 July - Assembly in progress[/QUOTE]
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 11:44 PM   #2178
Onek2fok
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrezRoosevelt View Post
Quote:
Same as me. Car is at the vpc and was scheduled for release today for delivery tomorrow but seeing as that ETA is still n/a and no ETA on parts either, my car is gonna sit for a while I think. Closing in on my 90 day rate and incentive lock
90 day rate and incentive lock?
Appreciate 0