Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Grinding/wind noise

02-14-2020, 03:49 PM   #265
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
I can't answer for Glaede, but I think that he mentioned that he can't hear it inside the car at iddle. Of course there are a lot of noise in the engine bay when the engine is running. I think we all have the same problem.
Yes. That is the confusing part.

You wrote that you hear the noise when the engine is OFF, but the car is rolling.

He writes that he hears the noise with the engine running, but the car is stationary.

That's the difference. If the noises heard are the same, then the conditions should be the same. However, you hear the noise when the engine is not running, but car moving, whereas he hears the noise with the engine running but car not moving.

If the noise is the same, then the noise exists even when the engine is not running, and, it exists even when the car is not moving. Both different conditions, but the same noise?

If the noise exists when the car is moving and the engine is off, then that would indicate that the noise may be in the drive line while in motion, not the engine.

If the noise exists when the car is not moving, and the engine is idling/running, then that would indicate that the noise is being produced not in the drive line, but with the engine and/or associated parts that are also in play with a running engine.

In your case, the noise is not associated with the engine.
In his case, the noise is not associated with the drive line.

Do you see my wonderment?

Last edited by RPM90; 02-14-2020 at 03:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 01:06 AM   #266
Glaede
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G21 330i Touring M-Sport

I heard the noise when driving. But, also heard a noise with the engine on in idle, but I can't say for sure, that it's the same sound.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 05:36 AM   #267
Glaede
Private
Rep

According to my dealer, they have tried with standard brakes and even driving it without brakes? And, still noisy..
Appreciate 2
      02-17-2020, 06:24 AM   #268
clausmoll
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i Touring M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaede View Post
According to my dealer, they have tried with standard brakes and even driving it without brakes? And, still noisy..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaede View Post
However, I doubt they have tried removing the brake plate as well. It looks like it's really difficult to remove due to the nature of the assembly.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 06:30 AM   #269
Glaede
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clausmoll View Post
However, I doubt they have tried removing the brake plate as well. It looks like it's really difficult to remove due to the nature of the assembly.
Well, he didn't mention that..
Appreciate 1
      02-21-2020, 04:03 AM   #270
clausmoll
Private First Class
Rep

I got an email the other day from the dealer, telling me that BMW is sending a technical engineer from Germany to the workshop in week 12 (mid March) to troubleshoot on the car.

We'll just have to be patient. *Sigh*
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 05:47 AM   #271
Glaede
Private
Rep

Quote:
I got an email the other day from the dealer, telling me that BMW is sending a technical engineer from Germany to the workshop in week 12 (mid March) to troubleshoot on the car.

We'll just have to be patient. *Sigh*
Yes, I got that email too.
Appreciate 1
      02-21-2020, 05:53 AM   #272
McKrill
Rep
Drives: BMW G21, BMW Z3 M

Strange, there must be noisy G20/21's in Germany, too.

And, if it is a general fault why not solve it in their backyard?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 05:15 PM   #273
starship2020
Rep
Drives: bmw 330i M-sport touring

BMW 330I M-Sport Touring

Hi.

Very interesting following this discussion.

I got my brand new 330i M-sport Touring 6 weeks ago - and had "the sound" from the very first meter I drove my new car.

According to the biggest BMW dealer in DK - my car was almost the first car where they heard about the problem

However they admitted that they had a few more with same problem.....very untrustworthy !

Still waiting for a solution..... have not heard anything yet....

Last edited by starship2020; 02-25-2020 at 02:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 11:48 PM   #274
clausmoll
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by starship2020 View Post
Hi.

I got my brand new 330i M-sport Touring 6 weeks ago - and had "the sound" from the very first meter I drove my new car.

According to the biggest BMW dealer in DK - my car is almost the first car where they heard about the problem

Quote:
Hi.

According to the biggest BMW dealer in DK - my car is almost the first car where they heard about the problem

Hello. Congrats with your new car. Sorry to hear you have the same problem. What dealer was that? BMW has many cars with this problem. It's not unique.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 12:41 AM   #275
Glaede
Private
Rep

Quote:
Hi.

lol, thats funny.. We are at least 4 people (including you) from Denmark that I've been in contact with. Unfurtunately, it all seems to depend on my car - i mean, they don't work on others before they've fixed mine it seems. And they've had mine since december......
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 02:50 AM   #276
starship2020
Rep
Drives: bmw 330i M-sport touring

Quote:
Hello. Congrats with your new car. Sorry to hear you have the same problem. What dealer was that? BMW has many cars with this problem. It's not unique.
Authorized dealer at Amager and Lyngby
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 03:18 AM   #277
clausmoll
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi.

Quote:
Quote:
Okay. They obviously have no clue, that this is a known issue. They can just call BMW In Aarhus/Tilst.

You should make them report the issue with BMW AG. The more complaints they get, the more pressure they get on fixing the issue.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 12:08 PM   #278
Linde
Rep
Drives: 330i Msport Touring

I have been reading this thread for a while now, and I'm waiting on my new 330i Msport on 19" to be delivered in May from the Lyngby office in Denmark. So I'm anxiously waiting to see if my car has the same issue, or a solution has been found in the meantime.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 06:09 AM   #279
McKrill
Rep

No developments for anyone?

I have e-mailed BMW Germany and am chasing BMW technical, Sweden, but no luck...
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 06:15 AM   #280
clausmoll
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKrill View Post

I have e-mailed BMW Germany and am chasing BMW technical, Sweden, but no luck...
Quote:

Technical engineer from BMW Germany is arriving in Denmark week 12 for trouble shooting on the car at the dealer workshop. The workshop has been instructed not to touch the car before the technician arrives. Let's see if he'll be allowed to travel in these Corona times :
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 06:20 AM   #281
McKrill
Rep

Still do not understand why they need to travel to Denmark?

Are there no noisy G20/21's in Germany?

Could it have to do with the Kaltland Ausfuhrung?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 02:50 AM   #282
Glaede
Private
Rep

Quote:
Still do not understand why they need to travel to Denmark?

Are there no noisy G20/21's in Germany?

Could it have to do with the Kaltland Ausfuhrung?
I haven't heard of any in Germany or UK, which is so weird.
I'm super tired of this now.. The've had the car for almost 3 months and zero progress

First and last new BMW I'm afraid..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 01:24 PM   #283
Wmb5m
Rep
Drives: Bmw 520d xdrive Touring -20

I have now for several weeks trying to get BMW to buy the car back. First they said that they shall have 3 chances to repair the car. When I told them that had that 3 times already, they changed and said that they need a second opinion from a other dealer. I leaved the car for that two weeks ago and they could just state that the car sound too much, but had no solution. That was not enough either, so then BMW sent their own delegate, and that guy also said that the car do sound too much. Now they are telling me that they will do more test in the car and will give me information in week 13! I must wait at least two more weeks! It is today 16 weeks since I made the first complain. BMW’s guarantee seems to be worthless! I will never dare to buy a BMW again.
This time they has had the car for two weeks now. Since I left it I was curious if they worked on the car at all, and I checked in the app a lot of times but mostly the car is parked in the parkinglot at the dealer. I also noticed that they use it after work ours for private business. Driving it home and to resturants. And It is also parked at private homes in the city by night. They drove 270 km until I rang them and said that it is criminal to use my car for private business. Since that they don’t have touch it at all.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 01:30 AM   #284
Glaede
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmb5m View Post
I have now for several weeks trying to get BMW to buy the car back. First they said that they shall have 3 chances to repair the car. When I told them that had that 3 times already, they changed and said that they need a second opinion from a other dealer. I leaved the car for that two weeks ago and they could just state that the car sound too much, but had no solution. That was not enough either, so then BMW sent their own delegate, and that guy also said that the car do sound too much. Now they are telling me that they will do more test in the car and will give me information in week 13! I must wait at least two more weeks! It is today 16 weeks since I made the first complain. BMW’s guarantee seems to be worthless! I will never dare to buy a BMW again.
This time they has had the car for two weeks now. Since I left it I was curious if they worked on the car at all, and I checked in the app a lot of times but mostly the car is parked in the parkinglot at the dealer. I also noticed that they use it after work ours for private business. Driving it home and to resturants. And It is also parked at private homes in the city by night. They drove 270 km until I rang them and said that it is criminal to use my car for private business. Since that they don’t have touch it at all.
That sucks! :-( :-(

Crappy car we all bought/leased..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 08:11 AM   #285
Stockholmarn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G81 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmb5m View Post
I also noticed that they use it after work ours for private business. Driving it home and to resturants. And It is also parked at private homes in the city by night. They drove 270 km until I rang them and said that it is criminal to use my car for private business. Since that they don’t have touch it at all.
Wow. Where is you dealer located?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 07:28 AM   #286
Yossi123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330xi G21

Hi, just to bump the thread. Today i Poland is 15 deg C, I changed my winter wheels to summer ones. As suspected the noise stayed and is exactly the same. Once again noticed that the intensity is different on different types of asphalt.

One of the Polish car journalists published recently on yt a review of G21 330xi M-sport, seems that it was equipped with M-sport brakes (screenshot from yt in attachment). One of the many many praises regarding the car was how incredibly quiet the ride is. I am sure that if the noise issue was present he would have noticed it.

Am I right to assume that due to the current situation in Europe, the BMW will not send its people anywhere and the work on the issue is on hold?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0