Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions M1 M2 Buttons Retrofit not working?

03-05-2024, 08:30 AM   #1
Tango22
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i Touring

M1 M2 Buttons Retrofit not working?

Hi folks,

I am trying to get my IAW M1/M2 Button retrofit kit to work. I've fitted the buttons themselves to the steering wheel and have followed the instructions to wire up the receiver module under the gear console. OEM white wire removed from pin 12, white wire from receiver module into OEM pin 12 on the cars harness. Then white wire from the cars harness into the female connector supplied with the kit followed by yellow wire from the receiver module into the corresponding pin opposite the white wire in the supplied female connector. Then the 2 x plug and play connectors from the receiver box are connected up.

However, when I power up the car the M1/M2 buttons don't change the drive modes. Further to that, the OEM drive mode controls down on the centre console also don't change drive modes either. If I rewire it all back up as it was before I touched it, without the IAW kit then I can change drive modes using the centre console buttons.

It's like when the receiver module under the console is wired in as per the instructions, that there isn't any signal at all going through that white wire into the OEM harness to allow drive modes to change - remove the retrofit kit and the drive modes can be changed?

Any ideas?

Photo shows how I've wired it up, pretty confident I've got it right!!

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 10:45 AM   #2
Tango22
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i Touring

Sorted!!! Stupid error on my part. The smaller of the two OEM electrical plugs underneath the gear shift section, the kinda reddish coloured one…….I had plugged that back into the car gear shift console underneath, but it should have been plugged into the IAW kit receiver unit and the black plug of the same size coming from the receiver unit should have plugged into the underneath of the gear shift unit (see photo) in place of the reddish coloured OEM one. I had them the wrong way round 🫣

All working perfectly now. Very pleased with the kit and the service from IAW - great guys to deal with

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 06:18 AM   #3
hds
Rep
Drives: BMW f10 2012 cic

issue with installing

hi
I don't know which harnass you had for the installations of the M1M2.

I am totaly lost installation. I have added mine. But I can't figure out how to come to yours.

Can you help me ?

kr
Hds
Attached Images

Appreciate 0