Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Order Tracking Thread - Stages, Dates and Data Points

03-23-2022, 10:30 AM   #2729
TRob
Registered
Rep
Drives: 430ix, Gladiator, Wrangler etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdubz View Post
Thanks for the link. This appears to say that my order is fixed. Or is there more to it than that?

no recall 0065480300 Retrofitting the receiver audio module Closed N
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 10:33 AM   #2730
Gdubz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tanzanite M440i (Soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRob View Post
Thanks for the link. This appears to say that my order is fixed. Or is there more to it than that?

To be honest, I'm not sure. I've only used it for my most recent order and there were no issues found.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 01:14 PM   #2731
gabalemon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 BMW M340ix - Portimao Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtopher84 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabalemon View Post
My car went from production scheduled back to order received….
😩
What vehicle?
M340i xDrive - Portimao Blue with the Vernasca Leather with Blue Stitching
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 01:25 PM   #2732
iifymbro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 M2

I wonder if the engine plant in Germany being closed is now starting to impact over here, the news releases mentioned it being shut down with the other german plants. Could be worth investigating further
Appreciate 1
jp031962.00
      03-23-2022, 02:09 PM   #2733
Beemerke
Private
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW 320e G21 Luxury Line

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdhjeroen View Post
That's great news! I hope you will have a smooth delivery.
Thanks! The same goes for you
The VIN is still not being accepted with decoders though on the BMW website after logging in to my profile.

Does anyone know how long this usually takes?
      03-23-2022, 02:11 PM   #2734
Beemerke
Private
Poland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iifymbro View Post
I wonder if the engine plant in Germany being closed is now starting to impact over here, the news releases mentioned it being shut down with the other german plants. Could be worth investigating further
I saw plenty of articles by now that the plants in Germany started opening last week already and are ramping up to full capacity.

On a side note, I got the acknowledgment that my car entered production last week actually in the Munich factory
There will be delays most likely but it seems they (BMW) kept it under control the best way possible
      03-23-2022, 02:19 PM   #2735
iifymbro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerke View Post
I saw plenty of articles by now that the plants in Germany started opening last week already and are ramping up to full capacity.

On a side note, I got the acknowledgment that my car entered production last week actually in the Munich factory
There will be delays most likely but it seems they (BMW) kept it under control the best way possible
yeah seems like it was temporary which is good, just spitballing cause it's weird that orders would be getting kicked backwards like this
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 03:59 PM   #2736
RichieDirts
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood187 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieDirts View Post
I'm on the same boat as you. My vehicle needs to make its way up to NJ VPC. I'm showing no stop sales or recalls as well as no other deletes besides the passenger seat lumbar n width adjustment. Hopefully couple more weeks which I don't mind. Let the shitty weather stop lol
Well the Glovis Crystal is off to NYC after it spent 5 days in Baltimore port jumping around from dock to dock (it had GM, MB, and BMW onboard based upon the manifests, so it may have been dropping cars off at different locations). What sucks is it's been 5 days since boat arrived, and I got nothing as far as status change. I plan on calling Genius this morning to see if they have anything for me. They didn't last time I talked to them.

UPDATE: Status clicked over to "at the port" prior to me calling Genius. I did give them a call and they stated no details yet on timing. Said to call back tomorrow or next day and hopefully they will know when it will arrive at dealership.
Mine updated this morning to "At the port" and I just checked again that it "is in transit". So I'm assuming I had no recalls and the car already cleared VPC and is en route to the dealership.
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2022, 07:54 PM   #2737
ham340
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRob View Post

Hard to tell without a screen shot but it looks like yours is still open since closed is set to N.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 08:34 PM   #2738
Gdubz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Mine updated this morning to "At the port" and I just checked again that it "is in transit". So I'm assuming I had no recalls and the car already cleared VPC and is en route to the dealership.
Everyone's saying this. Mine still hasn't gone back to "In Transit" a second time yet, but it cleared VPC yesterday (about 31 hours ago) and according to Genius and my CA it's on the truck headed to the dealership now.

I don't know for sure though and it's weird that the tracking site hasn't updated.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 09:11 PM   #2739
Haywood187
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm on the same boat as you. My vehicle needs to make its way up to NJ VPC. I'm showing no stop sales or recalls as well as no other deletes besides the passenger seat lumbar n width adjustment. Hopefully couple more weeks which I don't mind. Let the shitty weather stop lol
Well the Glovis Crystal is off to NYC after it spent 5 days in Baltimore port jumping around from dock to dock (it had GM, MB, and BMW onboard based upon the manifests, so it may have been dropping cars off at different locations). What sucks is it's been 5 days since boat arrived, and I got nothing as far as status change. I plan on calling Genius this morning to see if they have anything for me. They didn't last time I talked to them.

UPDATE: Status clicked over to "at the port" prior to me calling Genius. I did give them a call and they stated no details yet on timing. Said to call back tomorrow or next day and hopefully they will know when it will arrive at dealership.
That was quick! Genius today said they didn't have an update for me at the moment. Status says at port, just wondering when it will clear VPC and get on a truck. No recalls at the moment.

Retired - 2014 335i xDrive
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 09:25 PM   #2740
Gdubz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That was quick! Genius today said they didn't have an update for me at the moment. Status says at port, just wondering when it will clear VPC and get on a truck. No recalls at the moment.
This was me too the entire last week. I hope you clear soon and get on a truck!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 10:05 AM   #2741
jbucks08
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 330i xDrive

I had an estimated carrier pickup date of yesterday, but the status still shows "at the port," and Genius says no carrier pickup yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 11:34 AM   #2742
ckruse
Rep
Drives: 2019 430i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdonym@gmail.com View Post
The previous post is mine. My car is also being build in Mexico. The dates are when I saw progress on the BMW tracking site. They may be a few days behind the actual dates. I would not be surprised if you see progress later this week.
BMW faces production delays due to part shortage, and Genius probably gives the best case estimate. I hope that our cars will be completed this week or early next week.
Any idea how long shipping from Mexico to USA takes?
Any progress on your car? Mine has been 'ready for transport' for the past week.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 01:47 PM   #2743
Haywood187
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckruse View Post
Any progress on your car? Mine has been 'ready for transport' for the past week.
Don't worry about being stuck on "ready for transport" too much. I was on that status for I think like 9 days then all of a sudden I jumped 4 stages forward in the matter of like 2 hours one morning. I called Genius....my car was already on a boat the day prior. The status tool can be definitely hit and miss a lot of times.

Retired - 2014 335i xDrive
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 09:55 PM   #2744
RichieDirts
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm getting my car tomorrow. Literally cleared VPC within hours. No recalls, no deletions. Must be a unicorn car lmfao
Appreciate 3
      03-25-2022, 12:14 AM   #2745
Beemerke
Private
Poland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm using this link or this link to check my VIN but neither give any results.
Most likely because my VIN is not yet "known" in the system.

The question I have is, how much time does it typically take for such websites to respond with valid information?
      03-25-2022, 04:39 AM   #2746
Beemerke
Private
Poland
Rep

Garage List
I got the confirmation today that the car entered the paint booth yesterday!

Regretfully, the Sales Rep said it could still take 1 to 2 months from this point. I'd expect it a bit faster since it does not have to be shipped by boat since I live in a country next to Germany.
  • Order Received - 01/27/2022
  • Scheduled For Production - 03/13/2022
  • Production Begins - 03/14/2022
  • Exterior Body Assembly Begins - Not sure
  • In Paint Booth - 03/23/2022
  • Entering Assembly Line
  • Assembly In Progress
  • Quality Check
  • Final Assembly
  • Ready For Transport
  • Awaiting Carrier Assignment
  • Dispatched From Factory
  • In Transit
  • At The Dealership
  • Vehicle Delivered

So far:
  • I received my VIN
  • No options removed

Questions for you guys
  • Does anyone know how much time it usually takes from this point onwards? I saw a lot of posts regarding the QC duration but would you agree it can still take 1 to 2 weeks from here?
  • Since it's in the paint booth, does it mean the previous phase (Exterior body assembly) is finished?
      03-25-2022, 07:20 AM   #2747
RN4Ever
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 430i, BMW 440i

Garage List
* Order placed w/dealership - 12/2/21
* Order Received - 1/8/22
* Scheduled For Production - 1/13/22
* Production Begins - 1/25/22
* Exterior Body Assembly Begins - 2/9/22
* In the Paint Booth - 2/9/22
* Entering Assembly Line - 2/10/22
* Assembly In Progress 2/11/22
* Quality Check 2/14/22
* Final Assembly 2/14/22
* Ready For Transport 2/14/22
* Awaiting Carrier Assignment 2/15/22
* Dispatched From Factory 3/8/22
* At The Port 3/9/22
* In Transit 3/24/22
* At The Dealership
* Vehicle Delivered

Well I'm encouraged so far! I just need to figure out what vessel my M440i CV is on coming into Galveston, TX.

Per the email from my CA to Germany it's expected to arrive Galveston on 4/7.

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2022, 07:33 AM   #2748
Gdubz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerke View Post
I got the confirmation today that the car entered the paint booth yesterday!

Regretfully, the Sales Rep said it could still take 1 to 2 months from this point. I'd expect it a bit faster since it does not have to be shipped by boat since I live in a country next to Germany.
It might still get on a boat, depending on which country you're in. My boat went from Germany to Belgium before it took off across the Atlantic. Though you may be lucky enough and it just gets right on a truck transport to your country.

The boat transportation and time at the ports has certainly been the longest amount of time for me. My progress points are in my original post in this thread:
https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=28508376

Basically, it got to the port in Bremerhaven on Feb 9th, and didn't get on a boat to come here til Feb 18th. Then it finally got to Brunswick, GA port on March 14th and has spent the last 11 days getting unloaded, went through quality check again, marked off as no recalls or stop sales, released by VPC a few days ago on March 22nd. It SHOULD be on a truck headed to my dealership right now but honestly who knows. No one can tell me anything other than the VPC released it to the trucking company.

All of this to say that I'm hoping you don't have to deal with this mess and it just gets straight on a truck headed your way. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 08:43 AM   #2749
springerdrive
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
No one can tell me anything other than the VPC released it to the trucking company.
If your car was released to the trucking company on 3/22 it should be at your dealership any day now, especially if it's only going from GA to FL. Our car was also shipped to Brunswick. I got the name of the trucking company from our dealership and was able to contact them to confirm pick up and estimated delivery date. YMMV.

Last edited by springerdrive; 03-25-2022 at 08:49 AM..
Appreciate 1
Gdubz57.50
      03-25-2022, 09:16 AM   #2750
Gdubz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by springerdrive View Post
If your car was released to the trucking company on 3/22 it should be at your dealership any day now, especially if it's only going from GA to FL. Our car was also shipped to Brunswick. I got the name of the trucking company from our dealership and was able to contact them to confirm pick up and estimated delivery date. YMMV.
Didn't know I could do that, might just call and find out here soon.
Appreciate 0