Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Suspension / Chassis / Brakes Whats the difference between the original and recalled tie-rod for the m340ix?

08-26-2020, 03:40 PM   #1
DanVlnStud
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

Whats the difference between the original and recalled tie-rod for the m340ix?

Does anybody have info about the tie rod recall part for the 2019-2020 M340ix?

Would a BMW mechanic be able to tell if it was performed by visual inspection?

The reason being, and to make a long story short. My dealer lied about performing the tie rod recall and alignment and sent me off with a faulty strut mount. I took it to another dealer and they said my alignment was way off. What's worse, is they said my tires were bald and edged. They were new when I took it to my dealer. Pisses me of thinking about it. I have a whole thread about it in the local Canada section here.
https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1742583

I filed a complaint with BMW Canada and filed a police report. Now instead of helping me, they are teaming up and make excuses. Having their lawyers grill me for evidence. I want to counter their BS in case they try to say they had no idea and performed it twice. Even though, I do have emails and phone records saying I already had the suspension diagnosed by my dealer and them saying my alignment was way off.

If anybody has pics of the original vs the recall part or a way to distinguish the differences between the two, that would be very helpful fighting this insanely corrupt Canadian Corp.

Thanks
2010 E60 M5
2006 Honda S2000
2001 Integra Type R
Appreciate 0