Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK 330e finally ordered

10-01-2019, 02:41 PM   #221
alslive
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport

I went for Mineral Grey with the Cognac, can wait to find out if the M Sport Plus package is worth it !
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 02:50 PM   #222
Jkwon
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

Hi Guys, long time lurker first time caller. checked yesterday, my 330e was built (code 5500). I've been told it should be to the dealer week of the 14/10, how long from then till i should get the car? can anyone confirm charging times from a 3pin plug? can't wait to get rid of my qashqai!! - by the way, not seen many if any post on here with mocha interior - do people not like it? (hoping it looks good with mineral grey)
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 02:55 PM   #223
alslive
Rep

Looks good with the Mocha, it was a close decision for me between the two.... but decided to go with the Cognac
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 03:01 PM   #224
Jkwon
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

the cognac looked too light (and i do get in the car in my overalls at work sometimes) so decided the mocha would be a better choice.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 04:13 PM   #225
Albmw1977
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e Lux f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by alslive View Post
😂.. possibly.

Mines will end up at the dealer in Liverpool, so not sure wether it'll go to a north or south port.

Expected handover week WC 21.10....🤞🏻
Mines going to the Manchester dealer. Have been told they'll get it 14/10 and I can expect delivery after a week.

I live down in Dorset - regularly pass car transporters full of Beemers on the M3 that have come into So'ton, hadnt helped my massive impatience.... 😂
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 02:39 AM   #226
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkwon View Post
Hi Guys, long time lurker first time caller. checked yesterday, my 330e was built (code 5500). I've been told it should be to the dealer week of the 14/10, how long from then till i should get the car? can anyone confirm charging times from a 3pin plug? can't wait to get rid of my qashqai!! - by the way, not seen many if any post on here with mocha interior - do people not like it? (hoping it looks good with mineral grey)
I've got Mocha with my Sunset Orange, I think it looks great, can take a few pictures if you'd like? It takes about 5 hours to charge on the 3-pin plug (which also gets very hot!)

Dealers can turn around a car in a couple of days from when it arrives with them. I think mine arrived on a Wednesday and I picked it up Friday lunchtime.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 05:52 AM   #227
-Nick
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Strange update just now from the BMW Genius Live Chat...

Genius - Your order has been raised by your retailer, but has not yet been scheduled by the factory. I would recommend to contact retailer for an estimated lead time.

Me - Strange, last time I asked it was 5055?

Genius - Something could have happened during the build, where they stopped the process.

Genius - I would advice you to contact your center as soon as possible.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 06:39 AM   #228
woody320
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nick View Post
Strange update just now from the BMW Genius Live Chat...

Genius - Your order has been raised by your retailer, but has not yet been scheduled by the factory. I would recommend to contact retailer for an estimated lead time.

Me - Strange, last time I asked it was 5055?

Genius - Something could have happened during the build, where they stopped the process.

Genius - I would advice you to contact your center as soon as possible.

I one had something similar - "Date change" and they said the build process has been stopped. It was rubbish. The bodies are built first - based on the expected order flow. They then store the bodies and apply the build orders to the completed bodies.

I think you will find that in a day or so its just gone into build. Fear not.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 12:53 PM   #229
Jkwon
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
Quote:
I've got Mocha with my Sunset Orange, I think it looks great, can take a few pictures if you'd like? It takes about 5 hours to charge on the 3-pin plug (which also gets very hot!)

Dealers can turn around a car in a couple of days from when it arrives with them. I think mine arrived on a Wednesday and I picked it up Friday lunchtime.
Please do send some! Hoping it looks as good as it does on the website!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 04:21 PM   #230
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just a few at night with flash so not the best...
Attached Images

Last edited by tricky6; 10-04-2019 at 04:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 07:45 AM   #231
AbsolutRufuus
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 330e G20

Hi,

Not a big poster but I've been reading the forums about the 330e for quite a while. Guess that makes me a lurker. I'm getting my white 330e M-Sport, HK with Stop & Go cruise control in about 2,5 weeks (very excited!)

Anyway, does anyone know if the 330e emblem on the trunk is removable? All the other engine models have the option not to fit it in production. According to my reseller he wasn't able to pick the option to remove it either. I'm guessing it's just glue and easily removable, but does anyone know?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 08:04 AM   #232
alslive
Rep

Had another email to say it's departed port...... it's getting closer 🤣
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 08:13 AM   #233
alslive
Rep

If your referring to the "330e" badge then it's just stuck on with double sided tape, the BMW Emblem is secured with two pegs on the back of the badge, but would leave holes if removed.

The only thing that may happen if removing the "330e" is the badge adhesive may have marked / bitten into the freshly sprayed lacquer, so would probably require polishing out softly with a fine cutting compound... best to get it done at a professional body shop as you wouldn't want to go too deep through the lacquer.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 08:33 AM   #234
AbsolutRufuus
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alslive View Post
If your referring to the "330e" badge then it's just stuck on with double sided tape, the BMW Emblem is secured with two pegs on the back of the badge, but would leave holes if removed.

The only thing that may happen if removing the "330e" is the badge adhesive may have marked / bitten into the freshly sprayed lacquer, so would probably require polishing out softly with a fine cutting compound... best to get it done at a professional body shop as you wouldn't want to go too deep through the lacquer.
Exactly the information I was looking for, the 330e badge. I would prefer the BMW emblem to stay in place

Thank you for the quick reply!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 08:34 AM   #235
mlcgd21
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, G20 BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutRufuus View Post
Hi,

Not a big poster but I've been reading the forums about the 330e for quite a while. Guess that makes me a lurker. I'm getting my white 330e M-Sport, HK with Stop & Go cruise control in about 2,5 weeks (very excited!)

Anyway, does anyone know if the 330e emblem on the trunk is removable? All the other engine models have the option not to fit it in production. According to my reseller he wasn't able to pick the option to remove it either. I'm guessing it's just glue and easily removable, but does anyone know?
There is no option to remove the letters on the 330e because legally it is mandatory to make it clear that this car is an hybrid (for safety reasons in case of fire for example), on the 530e you can remove the rear letters because it says edrive on the sides, but legally you cannot remove all of the emblems
Appreciate 1
      10-03-2019, 08:53 AM   #236
AbsolutRufuus
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcgd21 View Post
There is no option to remove the letters on the 330e because legally it is mandatory to make it clear that this car is an hybrid (for safety reasons in case of fire for example), on the 530e you can remove the rear letters because it says edrive on the sides, but legally you cannot remove all of the emblems
Hmm.. Interesting! Had no idea that was the case. Do you know if that's a global/EU thing? I live in Sweden and have never heard of it before. But the 330e badge is a lot more visually attractive than the blue kidneys on the F30 to show it's a hybrid.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 10:02 AM   #237
mlcgd21
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, G20 BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutRufuus View Post
Hmm.. Interesting! Had no idea that was the case. Do you know if that's a global/EU thing? I live in Sweden and have never heard of it before. But the 330e badge is a lot more visually attractive than the blue kidneys on the F30 to show it's a hybrid.
I don't know that sorry, I also don't really like the 330e badge on mine, I might take it off later
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 10:24 AM   #238
-Nick
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

5400 Assembly Start
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 10:35 AM   #239
woody320
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nick View Post
5400 Assembly Start
Yep, I thought so. The "You should contact your dealer as the build has stopped" was rubbish.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 03:12 PM   #240
Jkwon
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the pics, looks nice! Have you got electric seats? Does the car come with mats?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 03:31 PM   #241
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the pics, looks nice! Have you got electric seats? Does the car come with mats?
You're welcome. Yeah I really like it with the Sunset. Figured cognac would be a funny contrast, kind of "orange and orange", oyster too light and black, well, it's black ;-)

No, manual seats. Mats were in the car on collection, assume they are standard.

The flash doesn't quite give the right tone. Will take some in the day time, if it ever stops raining!? :-)
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 03:34 PM   #242
Jkwon
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You're welcome. Yeah I really like it with the Sunset. Figured cognac would be a funny contrast, kind of "orange and orange", oyster too light and black, well, it's black ;-)

No, manual seats. Mats were in the car on collection, assume they are standard.

The flash doesn't quite give the right tone. Will take some in the day time, if it ever stops raining!? :-)
Hope the suns shining soon! I agree about cognac and orange being too much! The oyster will get filthy and as you say black is dull.... just had my date for delivery to the dealers put back a week, must of missed the boat.
Appreciate 0