Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK 330e finally ordered

10-04-2019, 03:45 PM   #243
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkwon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Guys, long time lurker first time caller. checked yesterday, my 330e was built (code 5500). I've been told it should be to the dealer week of the 14/10, how long from then till i should get the car? can anyone confirm charging times from a 3pin plug? can't wait to get rid of my qashqai!! - by the way, not seen many if any post on here with mocha interior - do people not like it? (hoping it looks good with mineral grey)
I've got Mocha with my Sunset Orange, I think it looks great, can take a few pictures if you'd like? It takes about 5 hours to charge on the 3-pin plug (which also gets very hot!)

Dealers can turn around a car in a couple of days from when it arrives with them. I think mine arrived on a Wednesday and I picked it up Friday lunchtime.
Please do send some! Hoping it looks as good as it does on the website!
Just a few at night with flash so not the best...
Thanks for the pics, looks nice! Have you got electric seats? Does the car come with mats?
You're welcome. Yeah I really like it with the Sunset. Figured cognac would be a funny contrast, kind of "orange and orange", oyster too light and black, well, it's black ;-)

No, manual seats. Mats were in the car on collection, assume they are standard.

The flash doesn't quite give the right tone. Will take some in the day time, if it ever stops raining!? :-)
Hope the suns shining soon! I agree about cognac and orange being too much! The oyster will get filthy and as you say black is dull.... just had my date for delivery to the dealers put back a week, must of missed the boat.
Yeah originally I was going to go for Blue with Cognac which does look great but 50% of the G20's I see are also blue (not that I see that many!?) so figured I'd try something different with the Sunset. Totally love the colour now it has arrived, especially if you get some sun on it. Although noticed in the office car park another 330e M Sport in Sunset last week. Looked like it had just been delivered. Damn, exclusivity out the window already! ;-) At least I've got the + pack which finishes it off really nicely, visually and sorts out what I found an overly firm ride (when trying a 320d M Sport demo). Although after ordering I found out the 330e M Sport doesn't actually have M Sport suspension!? Would love to know how it compares to the adaptive... all very subjective I guess
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 03:48 PM   #244
Jkwon
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Guys, long time lurker first time caller. checked yesterday, my 330e was built (code 5500). I've been told it should be to the dealer week of the 14/10, how long from then till i should get the car? can anyone confirm charging times from a 3pin plug? can't wait to get rid of my qashqai!! - by the way, not seen many if any post on here with mocha interior - do people not like it? (hoping it looks good with mineral grey)
I've got Mocha with my Sunset Orange, I think it looks great, can take a few pictures if you'd like? It takes about 5 hours to charge on the 3-pin plug (which also gets very hot!)

Dealers can turn around a car in a couple of days from when it arrives with them. I think mine arrived on a Wednesday and I picked it up Friday lunchtime.
Thanks for the pics, looks nice! Have you got electric seats? Does the car come with mats?
You're welcome. Yeah I really like it with the Sunset. Figured cognac would be a funny contrast, kind of "orange and orange", oyster too light and black, well, it's black ;-)

The flash doesn't quite give the right tone. Will take some in the day time, if it ever stops raining!? :-)
Hope the suns shining soon! I agree about cognac and orange being too much! The oyster will get filthy and as you say black is dull.... just had my date for delivery to the dealers put back a week, must of missed the boat.
Yeah originally I was going to go for Blue with Cognac which does look great but 50% of the G20's I see are also blue (not that I see that many!?) so figured I'd try something different with the Sunset. Totally love the colour now it has arrived, especially if you get some sun on it. Although noticed in the office car park another 330e M Sport in Sunset last week. Looked like it had just been delivered. Damn, exclusivity out the window already! ;-) At least I've got the + pack which finishes it off really nicely, visually and sorts out what I found an overly firm ride (when trying a 320d M Sport demo). Although after ordering I found out the 330e M Sport doesn't actually have M Sport suspension!? Would love to know how it compares to the adaptive... all very subjective I guess
I will let you know when I get mine, couldn't stretch the company car allowance to include the plus pack, hope the ride isn't too rough! I nearly went for the sunset orange but didn't want a car that stood out so much! Love the colour though.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 03:52 PM   #245
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I will let you know when I get mine, couldn't stretch the company car allowance to include the plus pack, hope the ride isn't too rough! I nearly went for the sunset orange but didn't want a car that stood out so much! Love the colour though.
Guessing without the M Sport suspension it will be fine. Probably having a mid-life crisis with the orange. Cheaper than buying a Porsche or a motorbike :-)
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 03:54 PM   #246
Jkwon
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Guessing without the M Sport suspension it will be fine. Probably having a mid-life crisis with the orange. Cheaper than buying a Porsche or a motorbike :-)
hope it scratches that midlife itch for you
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 11:39 AM   #247
alslive
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport

It's getting close..... my car is now at EU port of exit.

Expected delivery WC 21.10..... hope there is now delays, can't wait 😂
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 11:45 AM   #248
JohnBarny
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 420d + G21 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alslive View Post

Mine has been sat there for 2 weeks now
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 11:51 AM   #249
alslive
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBarny View Post
Quote:

Mine has been sat there for 2 weeks now
Oh no...😕

I suppose they have to wait for the ships to be full first
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 12:22 PM   #250
Jkwon
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

That's what BMW keep telling me, but I had an email today from my fleet company telling me my estimated delivery date has gone from 31st Oct to 8 nov...bmw see how reason why this should be the case, i won't hold my breath...
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 12:55 PM   #251
alslive
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

That's what BMW keep telling me, but I had an email today from my fleet company telling me my estimated delivery date has gone from 31st Oct to 8 nov...bmw see how reason why this should be the case, i won't hold my breath...
I'm hoping that won't be the case.... Dealer seems confident that it'll arrive in the correct week.

Just want it in and sorted before Boris and the EU have their bun fight.... don't want any delays, getting excited and impatient now 👍🏻
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 12:57 PM   #252
Jkwon
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm hoping that won't be the case.... Dealer seems confident that it'll arrive in the correct week.

Just want it in and sorted before Boris and the EU have their bun fight.... don't want any delays, getting excited and impatient now 👍🏻
Hahaha exactly what I said at work today, 31st was cutting it fine but Atleast it should be in the country before d-day... fingers crossed for you!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 02:11 PM   #253
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hahaha exactly what I said at work today, 31st was cutting it fine but Atleast it should be in the country before d-day... fingers crossed for you!
2 weeks sat at port awaiting shipping is odd. Most sit there for 2-3 days max as the ships go out quite frequently. Wouldn't be surprised if BMW start holding things pending Brexit outcome. Before they end up becoming liable for import taxes when a car is half way from EU to UK or something!?

Fingers crossed they get released and you get your car delivered without any extra cost.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 02:18 PM   #254
alslive
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
2 weeks sat at port awaiting shipping is odd. Most sit there for 2-3 days max as the ships go out quite frequently. Wouldn't be surprised if BMW start holding things pending Brexit outcome. Before they end up becoming liable for import taxes when a car is half way from EU to UK or something!?

Fingers crossed they get released and you get your car delivered without any extra cost.
Don't say that..... 🤦🏼*♂️
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 02:40 PM   #255
F172GLD
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M-Sport

Hi! I just ordered my 330e last week through a leasing company and have been given a date of mid Jan 2020. Circa 14-16 weeks. Does that sound about right?
What have other folk experienced from order date to delivery?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 02:59 PM   #256
Glynogen
Rep
Drives: Current Kia Optima 3

Mine was ordered 3 weeks ago and I have been advised early Jan for delivery.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 04:18 PM   #257
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Don't say that..... 🤦🏼*♂️
Well, "will of the people" and all that + all the other stuff that no one really thought about.

I'm sure you'll get your car, someone has to pay for it after all...

Right, sorry this is a car forum not a political forum. Ban me at once! ;-)
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 04:25 PM   #258
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F172GLD View Post
Hi! I just ordered my 330e last week through a leasing company and have been given a date of mid Jan 2020. Circa 14-16 weeks. Does that sound about right?
What have other folk experienced from order date to delivery?
Deliveries have slowed down a lot in the last month or two, guessing due to demand. Mine was 9 weeks but was ordered within 10 days of order slots being released in July.

Hold on though, it is WELL worth waiting for and I'm sure by then they'll have found & fixed some problems! There are various "buggy" things about the ownership experience...
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 06:16 AM   #259
snusnu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e (g20)

aaaaand my delivery date is pushed by 1 week... again.. now it should be around 28th of October.

crying in the corner
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 07:10 AM   #260
Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i RWD M Sport

Garage List
Not so good... understand your frustration. For myself the closer the delivery date the more I wanted it sooner....

Hold on to this thought

Name:  166B64FC-74A7-4968-8ABF-FBEB98F0B57C.jpeg
Views: 347
Size:  234.6 KB

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 07:10 AM   #261
-Nick
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snusnu View Post
aaaaand my delivery date is pushed by 1 week... again.. now it should be around 28th of October.

crying in the corner
What status code is yours?

Just had an update on mine below -

Quote:
The current status of your new BMW is 9605 "Pre EU Port of Exit". Your vehicle has now left the factory and is in the process of being delivered by our Logistics partners. It is expected to be delivered to your BMW Centre in approx. {2} weeks.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 07:51 AM   #262
JohnBarny
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 420d + G21 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nick View Post
What status code is yours?

Just had an update on mine below -
Mine has said that for 2 weeks
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 12:53 PM   #263
alslive
Rep

Bugger.....😡 my expected week has been put back by another 7 days.

Apparently there is an enormous amount of 330e's due in on the RoRo's to Southampton over the next 6 weeks, according to my dealer.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 02:00 PM   #264
petejigsaw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e

I ordered my 330e back in May, when dealers could first order them (literally 4 days after they had the config on their systems) but they weren’t available online to configure and build.

I was given a build date of 2 September and delivery date of w/c 16 September, which slipped to 23 September, then BMW UK held the car for an upgrade before delivering to the dealer. I eventually picked it up on 4 October, the first the dealer had delivered and before they even had their own demonstrator (and even that one was to be shared across multiple dealer sites).

According to the motor trade press, BMW have been inundated with demand for the 330e - they expect to sell far more than the last generation and more in line with the most popular ICE versions.......

Pays to be quick off the mark.
Appreciate 0