Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK 330e finally ordered

12-07-2019, 03:29 AM   #419
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab330e View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranester1983 View Post
I fancy the idea of collecting it from the dealer to save time too... problem is I have no idea what dealer it's going to 😂😂😂
Blimey.. You must be able to find that out?? To be fair, my lease company are so hopeless they told me the wrong one!
May be a trick for the future. Mine came through Arval too. When I was ordering I asked if I could nominate my local dealer. They said no but that my company (not Arval) nominate Inchcape. Might be worth talking to your fleet manager to find the dealer group if Arval won't tell you. Inchcape couldn't have been more helpful when I contacted corporate sales, they gave me the BMW order number, put up with me bugging them on delivery dates and were happy to get it delivered to my nearest dealer (Reading) so I could collect it.

Oh, make sure you get them to put the latest software on at delivery (11/2019.34). Most dealers don't seem to do it as standard. Might stop you having to take it back a week later with the brake fluid warning thing!? I'm also back to having 29 miles of range this morning, rather than the 18-19 it has been showing for the last month :-)
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 04:06 AM   #420
Cranester1983
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e M Sport

We’re just a small ish sme (of c 170 employees) and only have a fleet of about 50 cars - so we don’t get the attention bigger companies have!

Plus our “fleet” team is basically our finance folks - and they’re flat out doing a million other things every day. Feel bad pestering them.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 02:45 PM   #421
rf3000
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

On top of showing more miles range, do you really have a longer range in real life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
May be a trick for the future. Mine came through Arval too. When I was ordering I asked if I could nominate my local dealer. They said no but that my company (not Arval) nominate Inchcape. Might be worth talking to your fleet manager to find the dealer group if Arval won't tell you. Inchcape couldn't have been more helpful when I contacted corporate sales, they gave me the BMW order number, put up with me bugging them on delivery dates and were happy to get it delivered to my nearest dealer (Reading) so I could collect it.

Oh, make sure you get them to put the latest software on at delivery (11/2019.34). Most dealers don't seem to do it as standard. Might stop you having to take it back a week later with the brake fluid warning thing!? I'm also back to having 29 miles of range this morning, rather than the 18-19 it has been showing for the last month :-)
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 03:42 PM   #422
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rf3000 View Post
On top of showing more miles range, do you really have a longer range in real life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post

So I drove from Reading today which is about 35 miles and got 28 on electric, about normal when I got the car but probably better than I've been getting the last month.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 06:22 AM   #423
Warrior54
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e G20

My car move to dispatched to dealer at about 10am this morning. Does that mean it is actually on the truck to the dealer or just in the possession of the logistics company? Also, the PDI's were completed at the port in Southampton. So if it does arrive today, will there be many more checks required? As I am off today and would love to head up to the dealer and collect! Haven't managed to get hold of the guy yet!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 08:55 AM   #424
ab330e
Rep
Drives: bmw G20 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior54 View Post
My car move to dispatched to dealer at about 10am this morning. Does that mean it is actually on the truck to the dealer or just in the possession of the logistics company? Also, the PDI's were completed at the port in Southampton. So if it does arrive today, will there be many more checks required? As I am off today and would love to head up to the dealer and collect! Haven't managed to get hold of the guy yet!
This is a great sign! Should be there today or latest tomorrow and then you're done! PDI is completed and registration on so just need to collect it. The only variable is your dealers efficiency and if there's a lease company involved or any funds to be transferred. This could hold it up.

Regardless, if it's been picked up your dealer will have a definitive arrival time!

I'm frantically checking as mine hasn't moved on from 'awaiting delivery' since beginning of last week! Real pain.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 09:01 AM   #425
Warrior54
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
This is a great sign! Should be there today or latest tomorrow and then you're done! PDI is completed and registration on so just need to collect it. The only variable is your dealers efficiency and if there's a lease company involved or any funds to be transferred. This could hold it up.

Regardless, if it's been picked up your dealer will have a definitive arrival time!

I'm frantically checking as mine hasn't moved on from 'awaiting delivery' since beginning of last week! Real pain.
Yeah, mine was awaiting dispatch for over a week! Just have to wait for there to be enough vehicles ready to go for that dealership! Mine is with Inchcape who seem really good! They also own the dealership so hopefully there shouldn't be an issue there!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 09:02 AM   #426
ab330e
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, mine was awaiting dispatch for over a week! Just have to wait for there to be enough vehicles ready to go for that dealership! Mine is with Inchcape who seem really good! They also own the dealership so hopefully there shouldn't be an issue there!
I'm with Inchcape too. What dealer exactly is yours going to?

Hope my truck is leaving shortly. There's a lot in my area that are meant to be delivered this week so should be imminent
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 10:02 AM   #427
Warrior54
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'm with Inchcape too. What dealer exactly is yours going to?

Hope my truck is leaving shortly. There's a lot in my area that are meant to be delivered this week so should be imminent
Mine is heading into Chelmsford! They have been really hot on the updates. Where is yours heading into?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 10:04 AM   #428
ab330e
Rep

Quote:
Mine is heading into Chelmsford! They have been really hot on the updates. Where is yours heading into?
Ironically, I was told mine was Chelmsford but it's actually Tunbridge Wells (lease company got it wrong!)

I have not had one single pro-active update from my dealer. All I get when I ask is 'We'll tell you when it arrives'

I'm waiting till I change to in shipment to the dealer and then I'm calling them.
Appreciate 0