Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Issues you have noticed with your new 3(G20)

08-22-2020, 01:20 AM   #67
westozy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitallust View Post
I know this is starting to irritate me. Came up a few days ago and I keep accepting it and keeps popping up every few minutes
Digit, whats the metal and plastic tube over the left hand side air vent?

cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2020, 03:35 PM   #68
AustraliaG20
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 330i. 2015 F15 M50D.

Quote:
: yeah that's what I said I keep accepting the terms etc and a few minutes later it comes back
Just a random guess. Have you got the automatic windows app now? If not, go into the apps, select the left menu, hit the options button and update apps and services. That should download the app and services, then try accepting the terms again.

If that doesn't work... I've got no idea
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2020, 09:55 PM   #69
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustraliaG20 View Post
Quote:
: yeah that's what I said I keep accepting the terms etc and a few minutes later it comes back
Just a random guess. Have you got the automatic windows app now? If not, go into the apps, select the left menu, hit the options button and update apps and services. That should download the app and services, then try accepting the terms again.

If that doesn't work... I've got no idea
Yeah I've had the auto windows app for a couple of weeks now :
Retired - 2018 - Range Rover Velar SE D240
Retired - 2015 - Mercedes Benz C250d AMG Line W205
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2020, 09:56 PM   #70
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by westozy View Post
Quote:
I know this is starting to irritate me. Came up a few days ago and I keep accepting it and keeps popping up every few minutes
Digit, whats the metal and plastic tube over the left hand side air vent?

cheers
It's an BMW OEM fragrance holder. I had it in my F30 years ago. Really nice subtle fragrance
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2020, 06:38 AM   #71
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

Auto Braking Anomaly

Hi All

I experienced something interesting today I thought I might share.
I always park underground in a parking lot and when I drive to the bottom level there is a large pool of water on the ground as there is a leak in the concrete roof above .
Now normally I just drive slowly through it and it's ok.
I must of driven through this pool of water every day for about 3 weeks.
Now today I stopped just before the pool of water and then accelerated, suddenly the car red warning symbol came up and the car violently braked..aaargh, got quite a shock.

So what I think may have happened is the front camera possibly thought that the reflection of my car in the pool of water was another car and then braked the car automatically.

Has anybody experienced this ?
My car has never braked automatically before so this is a first and there was no other car or obstacle in front of me.

Maybe a possible technology glitch, quite possible.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2020, 10:43 PM   #72
GTR33R
Private
Rep
Drives: M340iXdrive

I think you will find the system acted because you accelerated fast suddenly, the computer realised that you may hit a nearby wall or something. If the wheels were pointing towards a wall it would do that.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2020, 10:58 PM   #73
G20NZ
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Mine has no messages option in the idrive so I can't connect the car to my connected drive account. Can send the code fine from the app but the car just can't receive the code. Tried all the troubleshooting that exists online. Dealer had no clue when the car went in for the tie rod recall and gave me the car back saying everything was fine but of course it wasn't... Going back in on Monday. Frustrating!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 02:04 AM   #74
Bmwphile
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitanx View Post
Hi All

I experienced something interesting today I thought I might share.
I always park underground in a parking lot and when I drive to the bottom level there is a large pool of water on the ground as there is a leak in the concrete roof above .
Now normally I just drive slowly through it and it's ok.
I must of driven through this pool of water every day for about 3 weeks.
Now today I stopped just before the pool of water and then accelerated, suddenly the car red warning symbol came up and the car violently braked..aaargh, got quite a shock.

So what I think may have happened is the front camera possibly thought that the reflection of my car in the pool of water was another car and then braked the car automatically.

Has anybody experienced this ?
My car has never braked automatically before so this is a first and there was no other car or obstacle in front of me.

Maybe a possible technology glitch, quite possible.
Also, had a warning beep and red dashboard light (but fortunately no violent braking) when I was coming up to a jogger on the footpath adjacent to the road.

Sensors must have thought there was some danger of collision and was sending out a warning.😬😬😬
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 06:29 AM   #75
AustraliaG20
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

My car has slammed on the brakes randomly before and I never knew why... but it was after a lot of rain and the ground was wet, so that might explain it. I was going about 30km/hr coming up to a set of lights. It was very annoying!!

My drive way also has a crack in the concrete that single blades of grass grows out of periodically. So when I back out, and one piece of grass is 15cm high or something it also slams on the brakes and I literally can't back out of my driveway. I have to get out and pull it out.

It's all a little too sensitive.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 08:53 AM   #76
Bris-M340i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
My car has slammed on the brakes randomly before and I never knew why... but it was after a lot of rain and the ground was wet, so that might explain it. I was going about 30km/hr coming up to a set of lights. It was very annoying!!

My drive way also has a crack in the concrete that single blades of grass grows out of periodically. So when I back out, and one piece of grass is 15cm high or something it also slams on the brakes and I literally can't back out of my driveway. I have to get out and pull it out.

It's all a little too sensitive.
I’ve had to disable the reverse breaking as I have a very steep driveway and when I get to the bottom the car almost bottoms out and as a result slams on the brakes

Last edited by Bris-M340i; 08-27-2020 at 02:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 09:40 AM   #77
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Water drops on cameras or sensors can throw off the collision warning system. States that in owners manual
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 10:08 AM   #78
digitallust
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Funnily enough mine did the same thing this evening leaving a family dinner. Reversing out of the drive way , the reverse sensors went crazy and slammed on the brakes. Did it three consecutive times.
Car was clean dry and reversing out of a flat open area. Only way to get moving was to disable emergency braking. On the plus side the nieces were in hysterics laughing at me bunny hopping out of the drive way :
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 03:51 PM   #79
AustraliaG20
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Well... it's definitely annoying! But seemingly a common problem.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 05:43 PM   #80
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Wow thanks all for the feedback all , so I am not alone , could be a whole lot of things , it would be nice if there was a list in the manual for most situations that would trigger the braking so we could work out what it was.

Blades of grass now that is sensitive , which reminds me I need to turn the volume down of the impact imminent warning every time I reverse down my steep driveway it beeps like hell very irritating

From my understanding there is a radar Sensor just below the front number plate and a camera behind the rear view mirror facing forward so a combination of these would evaluate whether you would be in danger of crashing into anything
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 05:47 PM   #81
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR33R View Post
I think you will find the system acted because you accelerated fast suddenly, the computer realised that you may hit a nearby wall or something. If the wheels were pointing towards a wall it would do that.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR33R View Post
Ah thanks for that GTR33R but my wheels were perfectly straight and far away from each side wall , only thing I can think of is the water on the floor , perplexing
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 06:29 PM   #82
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwphile View Post
Also, had a warning beep and red dashboard light (but fortunately no violent braking) when I was coming up to a jogger on the footpath adjacent to the road.

Sensors must have thought there was some danger of collision and was sending out a warning.😬😬😬
I’ve had similar experiences with pedestrians. Car dashboard alarm on and car brakes, even though the pedestrian was well clear of the car.
When this happens I always look in the rear view mirror to make sure I’m not about to be rear ended.
Annoying that this system is so sensitive, but good for those inattentive driving moments when it could save an impact with a wayward pedestrian.
      08-28-2020, 03:18 AM   #83
westozy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i

has anyone tried in driver assistance to put the frontal collision to late?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 11:14 PM   #84
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

My driver's side mirror doesn't fold in as much as it should anymore. Obvious when compared to the left one.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 01:10 AM   #85
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideit View Post
My driver's side mirror doesn't fold in as much as it should anymore. Obvious when compared to the left one.
Get it sorted at the dealer under warranty.
When I had an F30, my driver’s mirror was squeaking/creaking and I had the mirror motor replaced under warranty.
      08-30-2020, 01:23 AM   #86
Slideit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Get it sorted at the dealer under warranty.
When I had an F30, my driver’s mirror was squeaking/creaking and I had the mirror motor replaced under warranty.
In a way for sure. I'm happy I have a reason to visit the dealer (after lock down is over) because I' can ask for an update with Android Auto!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 05:31 PM   #87
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G21

Most of my issues are plastic creaking issues. I'm sure most cars have this but because of the quietness of the interior I can hear creaking clearer. Note that I'm a bit more pedantic that the average person.

98% it's perfect but I've been hunting them down and have been getting to know my interior and how this car is essentially clipped together (like most modern cars).

So far gummi flegr applied liberally along any friction points with felt tape seems to work. For now this seems to have fixed it and I'm sure the dealer would have done something similar but if it comes back badly maybe a new trim piece is required.

I have no idea why BMW uses such cheap hard glossy plastic at key points.

Over the last week the car has delivered some faint cracking and popping plastic tension noise from the shadow gloss black plastic trim on the B pillar on the driver's side. On closer inspection it appears that some of the plastic is very very slightly warped and very slightly misaligned (about 2mm. It looks worse in the photos).

I have been able to push it back a bit better but you can see the driver's side is not quite flush whereas the passenger side is perfect (it looks worse in the pics than it is).

You would probably never notice unless you looked (I never noticed until now) because its all black.

Apparently this is not an uncommon problem. The popping noise comes from the plastic rubbing the bare metal. The slight misalignment in the front b pillar black trim causes slightly more pressure on the rear door gloss black which caused some more creaking. If you push where my hand is it will pop and creak.

The fix is running felt tape under the lip and pushing it in as far as possible. See pics. This is completely damped any plastic tension pop on the rear door and removed about 85% of pop front the front trim. I can completely man handle the rear B pillar plastic trim without a creak. The front still creaks with strong hand pressure but it is much more damped.
Attached Images

Last edited by erawamai; 08-30-2020 at 05:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 07:42 PM   #88
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Wellllll after 6 weeks since it came out in owner forums...it finally pops up
Attached Images

Appreciate 0