Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B58 6-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications M340 G20 "straight pipe" with catless downpipe

10-07-2020, 06:25 PM   #23
raj914
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justanotherm340 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj914 View Post
Sounds amazing OP 😁

You have the exact setup I want.

Awe Tuning Track exhaust
VRSF catless DP

However, i'm thinking about just going the cheap route and doing a muffler delete and getting quad tips fitted at my local exhaust shop.

Does anyone know if straight piping throws any lights on the dash? I know the catless DP will.

Thanks
As long as you don't mess with valves you should be good
I figured the valves would be rendered useless with a muffler delete lol. The only difference would be the amount of burbles with the change of modes. I've also heard you can just unplug your valves, and it'll always be in sports plus.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2020, 06:31 PM   #24
M340_pilot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

I ordered mine with MPE and have had my valve unplugged for 8000+ miles....no CELs. I'm also running a VRSF catted dp.
      10-07-2020, 06:31 PM   #25
Justanotherm340
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw m340

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sounds amazing OP 😁

Awe Tuning Track exhaust
VRSF catless DP

However, i'm thinking about just going the cheap route and doing a muffler delete and getting quad tips fitted at my local exhaust shop.

Does anyone know if straight piping throws any lights on the dash? I know the catless DP will.

Thanks
I figured the valves would be rendered useless with a muffler delete lol. The only difference would be the amount of burbles with the change of modes. I've also heard you can just unplug your valves, and it'll always be in sports plus.
Tbh even with my awe track exhaust I have no valves and how my tune is set up I have almost no burbles without valves in comfort and aggressive in sport plus so I don't think valves play role in burbles besides just them sounding louder
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2020, 06:38 PM   #26
raj914
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sounds amazing OP 😁

Awe Tuning Track exhaust
VRSF catless DP

Thanks
Tbh even with my awe track exhaust I have no valves and how my tune is set up I have almost no burbles without valves in comfort and aggressive in sport plus so I don't think valves play role in burbles besides just them sounding louder
Thanks for the help definitely can't wait to fit the catless DP and straight pipe the car. How's the smell with your catless DP?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2020, 06:39 PM   #27
raj914
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M340_pilot View Post
I ordered mine with MPE and have had my valve unplugged for 8000+ miles....no CELs. I'm also running a VRSF catted dp.
How's the exhaust smell? Bearable? Any issues with the powertrain or BMW when you take it in for service?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 11:21 PM   #28
lucasplagenza
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW m340i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How's the exhaust smell? Bearable? Any issues with the powertrain or BMW when you take it in for service?
This is the exact set up i'm thinking about running, would love to hear some clips if you ever get a chance
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 04:23 AM   #29
M340_pilot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasplagenza View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This is the exact set up i'm thinking about running, would love to hear some clips if you ever get a chance
https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1705027

Only some start up videos in there.