Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Scratched my new black m340i, what should I do?

01-24-2024, 07:36 PM   #23
Dan B
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440i xDrive Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Having shared that I am going to have the front bumper replaced on my F30 once spring arrives in Chicago and I’m probably not going to use them, because they had the highest estimate. I’m going to use either The Body Shop of Barrington http://www.tbsbarrington.com/ or Knauz BMW CCRC https://www.knauz.com/service-center...ing-center.htm . Barrington in particular gets very good recommendations from the folks on the Windy City BMW CCA chapter Facebook group page
I have used TBS for a few cars. For basic bodywork and paint they are great. If you need any metal fabrication they are ok.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2024, 07:38 PM   #24
Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 & M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inact View Post
I just don’t want to mess anything up
Then you should take it to Phil and Dan at Detailers Domain in Norwood. They have worked on multiple of my cars over the years. Great guys, top quality work.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2024, 12:09 AM   #25
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Having shared that I am going to have the front bumper replaced on my F30 once spring arrives in Chicago and I’m probably not going to use them, because they had the highest estimate. I’m going to use either The Body Shop of Barrington http://www.tbsbarrington.com/ or Knauz BMW CCRC https://www.knauz.com/service-center...ing-center.htm . Barrington in particular gets very good recommendations from the folks on the Windy City BMW CCA chapter Facebook group page.

I recently found out Knauz BMW has an online parts store that has better prices than pretty much anyone else anywhere, so I’m hoping to use that information to get them to bring down their estimate some. I’m not sure their body shop guy I talk with a while back is aware of this. I mentioned that Orland Park BMW has an online store with a lower price for the bumper than he used on their repair quote and he said they have to use the parts quote their parts department gives them. This was before I knew about their online store. And their online store has even better pricing than Orland Park’s online store. We’ll see if I’m successful.
Thanks for sharing the online parts desks of dealers.

I used to buy from getbmwparts.com but it is good to know that there are other options nowadays.
Appreciate 1
      01-25-2024, 07:25 AM   #26
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianride View Post
Thanks for sharing the online parts desks of dealers.

I used to buy from getbmwparts.com but it is good to know that there are other options nowadays.
This is Knauz online parts site. So far they have the lowest prices I’ve seen. https://www.bmwpartsnow.com/ Previously I thought Orland Park www.bmwpartsworldwide.com was the lowest, but another forum member told me about Knauz.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

01-31-2024, 11:27 AM   #27
Vinbim
Rep
Drives: BMW 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inact View Post
wow that looks awesome can’t even tell the scratch is there, is this temporary and will it come off after a wash? also does it remove some of the gloss look of the car like o heard some compounds do
Initially I found myself applying the Turtle Wax Color Magic Jet Black Wax around 2x/mo. Always with brand new microfibers and pressing ever so lightly and also wearing nitrile gloves. After around 3 months I found that it was no longer necessary to apply it anymore. It absolutely has not dulled the finish and looks perfect. Note that it is the wax, and not the polish/compound, so as not to impact the clear coat whatsoever.

I also use Wizards Mist and Shine detailing spray to light rub over it. I cannot overemphasize how much I love this product - especially on my new black BMW's. It is my favorite detailing spray by far. I use it on my entire jet black Bimmer regularly with mind blowing results - usually after a car wash.

I also use Spray Way glass cleaner (box method), Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover on the wheels, and Adams Tire Shine and hex foam applicator on the rubber.

The whole process takes around an hour - after running the Bimmer through a laser touch free car wash.

Check out the new pic that I just attached. It was taken after a 200mi drive!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 09:41 PM   #28
MOTO
Turbo fever
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i

Garage List
Time to sell it.

Have a good shop go over the paint for you, that can be taken out.