Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA Plate size/style recommendations for the M340i - Tanzanite Blue Colour?

10-18-2023, 02:58 AM   #1
Haruman
Rep
Drives: M340i LCI (G20)

Plate size/style recommendations for the M340i - Tanzanite Blue Colour?

Hey everyone!

I'm waiting for my new M340i to arrive later this year. The colour is Tanzanite Blue (darkish blue) with the dark grills (M Pro Package).

Can I have some recommendations on what plate sizes/styles would fit best for this vehicle colour and model?

https://www.myplates.com.au/browse-styles

I do want to get the smallest size as larger the plater, it makes the vehicle look a bit off.

Would the Euro Slim (372x84 front and 520x110) fit the 3-series okay? I'm just worried that if the back plate is too slim, the proportion might look a bit off. Or is the standard Slim (372x84 front and 372x107) a better option?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2023, 08:05 PM   #2
Gaviatrix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

Garage List
[Deleted]

Last edited by Gaviatrix; 10-19-2023 at 03:01 AM.. Reason: Response has come up twice
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2023, 08:10 PM   #3
Gaviatrix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

Garage List
I have white full-sized Euro front and back on my Portimao blue car. I had them on another car previously, and if I was buying them again just for the 3-er I'd have gone with the smaller front plate. I like the full-sized plate on the rear, it fits the space better (as you'd expect because that's what's compulsory in Germany). One of these days I might arrange a smaller front plate, but it's a pain in the butt to deal with the licensing authority and it's been years already ...
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2023, 12:21 AM   #4
Tim 4723
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i

I have the Slim Front (372x84) and Slim Back (372x107) on mine and I think it looks great or at least as good as number plates can look. I have some Kingpin covers on mine which makes them slightly bigger I guess but I've never felt that a bigger plate would look better on the rear. I haven't seen the wider euro plate on the rear in person though.

I just went with black on white for mine on a mineral grey car. I don't want colours that draw attention to them but trying to hide them with darker background colours looks wierd to me and I think it's a good balance. Some of the premium plates in the same size with silver would probably look nice with the blue as well for not a lot extra.
Appreciate 0