Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Awaiting order - further delays?

02-17-2022, 11:39 AM   #331
Scottish0177
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340D touring Oxide grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-ToK72 View Post
That is good news at long last, as of this morning my August order was still sitting at status 0500 (or 105) "cannot be scheduled" after previously having been informed that it would be built in week 8.

Hope it all goes through for you now, its certainly looking much more positive.
There seems to be no rhyme or reason for the ordering process and it really is frustrating for us all waiting.
Has dealer told you why order cannot be scheduled
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 12:32 PM   #332
P-ToK72
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish0177 View Post
There seems to be no rhyme or reason for the ordering process and it really is frustrating for us all waiting.
Has dealer told you why order cannot be scheduled
No reason given and I honestly believe he / they do not know themselves.

I was getting stressed with it all but this time last week managed to strike lucky with Tony Lewis (TRL) as whilst enquiring about a stunning M340i Saloon (which I was so close to going with) he told me he had an M340i Touring that had just left the factory. Spec wasn't too far off my original order so I have gone with it and should have the car in a few weeks now as it is in the docks awaiting shipping to UK

This really was a case of being in the right place at the right time as I am sure it would have been snapped up if it was put out on Instagram.

Currently driving G21 M340i Touring
Previous F40 M135i and F31 335d Touring
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 12:41 PM   #333
Scottish0177
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

I was getting stressed with it all but this time last week managed to strike lucky with Tony Lewis (TRL) as whilst enquiring about a stunning M340i Saloon (which I was so close to going with) he told me he had an M340i Touring that had just left the factory. Spec wasn't too far off my original order so I have gone with it and should have the car in a few weeks now as it is in the docks awaiting shipping to UK

This really was a case of being in the right place at the right time as I am sure it would have been snapped up if it was put out on Instagram.
Delighted for you.It’s easy to be swayed by something that’s not quite right just to get a car at the moment so I’m glad you have managed to get the touring.
Keep us all up to date with pics and review
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 02:13 PM   #334
dpazz
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i Touring LCI

Quote:

That's very lucky! Well done. What's the spec like as keen to hear what the latest developments are on deletions?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 04:23 PM   #335
G82Dude
-
Rep
Drives: M4CMxD

Well, deliveries could be worse. Your new VW branded vehicle could have been on this.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 04:30 PM   #336
P-ToK72
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpazz View Post
That's very lucky! Well done. What's the spec like as keen to hear what the latest developments are on deletions?
Yep, really was quite lucky with this one. Even managed to end up with a better deal too.

Spec is as follows: -
Mineral Grey with Shadowline Plus Pack and Tech Pack.
M Front Seats (Black) which required Comfort Plus Pack to be added.
Interior Trim Oak Grain Open Pour (my original spec was Carbon Fibre).

From what I can make out I do have Touch Screen but the Touch Controller on the idrive knob is deleted. I also believe it will be missing the wireless charging but this was always the case.

The other thing I think is missing is the Extended Storage Contents which is the floor rails in the G21 luggage compartment and the switch to drop the rear seats from the back of the car (although i had been led to believe this was due to start from week 07 builds by the dealer i placed the original order with so time will tell).

I will update when the car arrives and i get a full picture of what is there or not.

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 04:35 PM   #337
P-ToK72
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G82Dude View Post
Well, deliveries could be worse. Your new VW branded vehicle could have been on this.
Ouch, that would be a kick in the balls after waiting months for your car and then this happens.

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 05:26 AM   #338
Scottish0177
Private First Class
Rep

Getting there slowly and beginning to creep forward
Code now at 5000 , production confirmed , for week 28th Feb
Chassis number allocated

Let’s hope the horror stories of extended waits on delivery doesn’t hit me as have been waiting since placing order in Aug21
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 05:47 AM   #339
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

Quote:
Getting there slowly and beginning to creep forward
Code now at 5000 , production confirmed , for week 28th Feb
Chassis number allocated

Let’s hope the horror stories of extended waits on delivery doesn’t hit me as have been waiting since placing order in Aug21
Should be pre easter for delivery on that, if not sooner !
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 07:10 AM   #340
Colliwobbles
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidoff86 View Post
Should be pre easter for delivery on that, if not sooner !
Not necessarily, mine built 9th November, still not got it.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 07:18 AM   #341
Scottish0177
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colliwobbles View Post
That’s what I’m worried about

The only saving grace from what I’ve been told Is that because the car is being delivered to Aberdeen it is usually a bit easier to preplan transport dates and space availability North of Edinburgh as opposed to the transport companies that deliver all around England with multiple drop offs and destinations on any given day or week, and obviously the bigger dealer network all wanting their cars
If I was confident of driving in Germany I would go get it…any volunteers for a road trip lol

No idea if true
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 08:21 AM   #342
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

[QUOTE=Scottish0177;28605392]That’s what I’m worried about

The only saving grace from what I’ve been told Is that because the car is being delivered to Aberdeen it is usually a bit easier to preplan transport dates and space availability North of Edinburgh as opposed to the transport companies that deliver all around England with multiple drop offs and destinations on any given day or week, and obviously the bigger dealer network all wanting their cars
If I was confident of driving in Germany I would go get it…any volunteers for a road trip lol

No idea if true[
/QUOTE]

Years ago you could collect from factory in Germany but haven't been able to do so for quite some time now, all to do with registration and DVLA apparently. If you had been able I'd have gone with you in a heartbeat!!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 08:38 AM   #343
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

Quote:
Yours has a parts hold though doesn't it, that later builds don't.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 08:56 AM   #344
Scottish0177
Private First Class
Rep

[QUOTE=bmnut;28605514]
Quote:
That’s what I’m worried about

No idea if true[
/QUOTE]

Years ago you could collect from factory in Germany but haven't been able to do so for quite some time now, all to do with registration and DVLA apparently. If you had been able I'd have gone with you in a heartbeat!!
Thanks for the info, I was aware that some folks had collected themselves but yes that was sometime ago

Just think, that would have been the run in period done in one go or thereabouts lol

Good job probably as I would likely have had to stick winter tyres on to comply with regs…think they specify Oct to Easter

Last edited by Scottish0177; 02-19-2022 at 09:02 AM..
Appreciate 1
bmnut813.50
      02-19-2022, 09:41 AM   #345
Colliwobbles
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidoff86 View Post
Yours has a parts hold though doesn't it, that later builds don't.
Software but that was cleared a few week ago. Just had chat with genius and it supposed to be at the dealers!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 10:14 AM   #346
Scottish0177
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Software but that was cleared a few week ago. Just had chat with genius and it supposed to be at the dealers!
You would think the dealer would inform you of that?

Let’s hope so after having waited so long
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 02:40 PM   #347
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

BMW seem to be failing the UK.

We are one of the largest markets and we pay amongst the highest amounts for the cars and seem to be having the longest waits.

On the X3 forum people are waiting almost as long as people here but US owners typically are getting there’s within a month. Ok shipping can take a month but even so and they spend far less for their cars in the US and it’s only a slightly larger market than the UK surprisingly.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 03:45 PM   #348
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
On the X3 forum people are waiting almost as long as people here
US X3s are still built in Spartanburg. UK ones come from South Africa which has all sorts of production problems well documented in the forums already.

People should vote with their feet. I wanted a 4th X3 (was on a G01 and had two F25 before that) but I couldn't even spec a decent stereo on it.

Switched to a G26 Gran Coupe because it seemed to be the only car I could get decent options on (and afford - budget around £50k). Order to delivery in just under 7 weeks. The best bit is that driving is fun again ... whilst the X3 was practical and a beast on long slogs on the motorway I've now realised it was so dull. The G26 makes me grin every time I drive it and I've only got a 420d.

Can't think of anything I've missed about the X3 so far ... even when it snowed today.
      02-19-2022, 04:06 PM   #349
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
US X3s are still built in Spartanburg. UK ones come from South Africa which has all sorts of production problems well documented in the forums already.

People should vote with their feet. I wanted a 4th X3 (was on a G01 and had two F25 before that) but I couldn't even spec a decent stereo on it.

Switched to a G26 Gran Coupe because it seemed to be the only car I could get decent options on (and afford - budget around £50k). Order to delivery in just under 7 weeks. The best bit is that driving is fun again ... whilst the X3 was practical and a beast on long slogs on the motorway I've now realised it was so dull. The G26 makes me grin every time I drive it and I've only got a 420d.

Can't think of anything I've missed about the X3 so far ... even when it snowed today.
Wow thanks for that little view, not sure I was commenting on anyones individual choice of cars nor did I want one. Oh and some cars still do come from the US even today, not all come from SA.

But my point on delays for UK customers still stands, we are being made to wait longer here for in demand models that other countries are by many many months compared to other key markets.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 04:15 PM   #350
Scottish0177
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
BMW seem to be failing the UK.

We are one of the largest markets and we pay amongst the highest amounts for the cars and seem to be having the longest waits.

On the X3 forum people are waiting almost as long as people here but US owners typically are getting there’s within a month. Ok shipping can take a month but even so and they spend far less for their cars in the US and it’s only a slightly larger market than the UK surprisingly.
Yes the waiting has been pretty extraordinary and for some just at the point of being ridiculous.

I am not convinced BMW are alone in extended delays, several forum members stating other cars they have on order have been equally delayed and before I even considered a BMW I had an order in for another VW golf r ( mk8), however due to dates slipping continually and a fair few negative ownership reviews I cancelled.

I think I share the belief with several other forum members that we could accept delays and the pushing back of build dates to a degree but that as customers spending a not inconsiderable sum of money on a product that is considered high end We expected an awful lot more from BMW as a company and think the communication at all levels has been insufficient, leaving a pretty bad taste in some customers mouths and making a fair few cancel orders and walk away.

When promises of guaranteed dates come and go several times, when cars sit with a code assigned to them for ages only to never seem to move, when dealers and genius don’t know exactly where you’re car is currently or how long it will take to get to the dealership and when dealers tell us there is nothing they can do it’s down to chip shortages and that it’s the same for everyone then YES, I do think BMW should be ashamed of the treatment we have received and it should bother them that a complete lack of customer service will undoubtedly have potential buyers looking elsewhere.

Delays I can put up with if reasons are forthcoming and communicated sufficiently and I feel that BMW are actually sorry for the inconvenience. My experience so far is that I’ve had or felt neither.

And yes you are correct that US customers seem to get cars an awful lot quicker. Why this is the case I have no idea.

Apologies for the rant on the back of your post.
Appreciate 2
      02-19-2022, 05:00 PM   #351
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yes the waiting has been pretty extraordinary and for some just at the point of being ridiculous.

I am not convinced BMW are alone in extended delays, several forum members stating other cars they have on order have been equally delayed and before I even considered a BMW I had an order in for another VW golf r ( mk8), however due to dates slipping continually and a fair few negative ownership reviews I cancelled.

I think I share the belief with several other forum members that we could accept delays and the pushing back of build dates to a degree but that as customers spending a not inconsiderable sum of money on a product that is considered high end We expected an awful lot more from BMW as a company and think the communication at all levels has been insufficient, leaving a pretty bad taste in some customers mouths and making a fair few cancel orders and walk away.

When promises of guaranteed dates come and go several times, when cars sit with a code assigned to them for ages only to never seem to move, when dealers and genius don’t know exactly where you’re car is currently or how long it will take to get to the dealership and when dealers tell us there is nothing they can do it’s down to chip shortages and that it’s the same for everyone then YES, I do think BMW should be ashamed of the treatment we have received and it should bother them that a complete lack of customer service will undoubtedly have potential buyers looking elsewhere.

Delays I can put up with if reasons are forthcoming and communicated sufficiently and I feel that BMW are actually sorry for the inconvenience. My experience so far is that I’ve had or felt neither.

And yes you are correct that US customers seem to get cars an awful lot quicker. Why this is the case I have no idea.

Apologies for the rant on the back of your post.
Completely understand the frustration. I decided to go used as it was a lottery when I tried to order and that was taking the joy away for me.

However my wife is about to replace her BMW with a new one so about to feel the pain. It’s a process that should provide joy and pleasure if feels anything but.

As you say even if you had some certainty in dates and expectations it would help, but no. They do say the latter part of 2022 is looking to be far better that doesn’t help everyone now though.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 03:29 AM   #352
Colliwobbles
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Scottish0177
Agree entirely with your comments.
I had formed the opinion some time ago that USA seemed to be preferred with identical cars getting there far quicker from Germany.
Appreciate 0