02-14-2020, 04:37 PM   #23
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADBMWX3 View Post
You are a better man that I am ...I just don't mess with electricity--other than changing a light bulb.
I've worked with it for 20+ years and it still scares me. Had an old professor who actually helped develop some of the first radar guidance systems tell me that if I ever lost my fear of it....it was time to get out of the profession.

I've seen some crazy destructive shit.....I mean we are talking about colliding electrons here.

Last edited by Rmtt; 02-15-2020 at 06:17 AM..
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2020, 02:29 AM   #24
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Here is my understanding of what I have to do
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 08:29 AM   #25
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
...Anyways I did find one company that said they would come take a look and did not charge a service fee for it. So we'll see what they say, if it's like under $300 I would do it, more than that... I dunno... I'll hide the extension cord behind some plants or something.
This is the ticket for sure when it comes to home electrical work. Find the lowest bidder you can possibly find. You'll definitely want to watch them in action, to get new ideas for cost cutting tips. These guys are like magicians at finding ways to cut corners, so they can still make a profit on a job they underbid. They'll probably knock off $50 by using your extension cord for the 'underground buried conduit', instead of buying one themselves at the nearby Home Depot.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614882.00
      02-15-2020, 10:24 AM   #26
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
This is the ticket for sure when it comes to home electrical work. Find the lowest bidder you can possibly find. You'll definitely want to watch them in action, to get new ideas for cost cutting tips. These guys are like magicians at finding ways to cut corners, so they can still make a profit on a job they underbid. They'll probably knock off $50 by using your extension cord for the 'underground buried conduit', instead of buying one themselves at the nearby Home Depot.
Cost cuttings are usually the fault of the home owners who get like 10 different quotes and pick one where they can save $5 dollars more.

I do some electrical work.....some people are just ridiculous
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00