Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics DIYs and Coding Discussions Coding Alpina/M cluster on live cockpit

03-03-2023, 03:32 PM   #67
art22
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 530D

Hello friends, please tell me how did you turn on the M5 tidy? I have a 530D 2022. I also want to include

I have an E-Sys program.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2023, 10:09 AM   #68
AM340iMiami
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Sorry if this has been discussed here already, but the thread is long. How do you code to alternate cluster? Do I need a special devise?

Love the look.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2023, 10:53 PM   #69
cyam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i X (2020 G20)

I have seen that when some of these are coded in, you lose the display of the active drive mode.

Does anyone know of any way at all to code in displaying the active drive mode on the display when you use the different display that removes the drive mode?
Like with bimmercode.

I have seen people code in the tri-color flag above the time in the normal dash (for those that don't have it by default), so I am hoping that if that can be done, we can code in displaying the drive mode - somewhere.

Really appreciate any insight.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 05:26 PM   #70
Wet Fish
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyam View Post
I have seen that when some of these are coded in, you lose the display of the active drive mode.

Does anyone know of any way at all to code in displaying the active drive mode on the display when you use the different display that removes the drive mode?
Like with bimmercode.

I have seen people code in the tri-color flag above the time in the normal dash (for those that don't have it by default), so I am hoping that if that can be done, we can code in displaying the drive mode - somewhere.

Really appreciate any insight.
Pretty sure drive mode is impossible as it’s cars with the m dials don’t have ‘modes’ in the same way. Not sure if there’s some other way those modules could have used to simulate it perhaps.

I’ve also noticed those modules don’t show the currently selected gear in drive (despite the M3/M8 with those dials doing so).
      03-17-2023, 05:28 PM   #71
Wet Fish
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM340iMiami View Post
Sorry if this has been discussed here already, but the thread is long. How do you code to alternate cluster? Do I need a special devise?

Love the look.
For the basic setup, install Bimmercode app and plug in a compatible OBD adapter into your car. When connected, go to the instrument cluster section of the app and the top option is the one for the dials. I can’t remember exactly what it’s called.
      04-07-2024, 11:18 AM   #72
Z4WK
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 G29 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDG View Post
But overall, I think the Alpina cluster provides the most functionality. I just have the issue of it not being calibrated to my actual speed.
I like the Alpine layout a lot!

Don't know if you still have this issue, but if you go into Expert mode (Bimmercode), you have to do this:
o GESCHWINDIGKEIT_ANZ_Y = Alpina
o GESCHWINDIGKEIT_EFF_X = Alpina
o BC_V_KORREKTUR = AKTIV

Then all will be ok (if you set the last one to NOT_AKTIV, then the speedometer shows the real GPS speed, but ACC, etc show different values...)
Appreciate 0