Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics My 1 week old M340i stopped communicating

11-18-2023, 04:21 PM   #1
WebMaximus
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xDrive Touring LCI

My 1 week old M340i stopped communicating

Noticed how the My BMW app said I have like 80% fuel which I found odd since I've seen in the car how it's more like 50%. I then noticed how the last update of the data in the app was Thursday night. Meaning 2 days ago.

Since then, I've tried every tip I've found like making sure all boxes are ticked for data sharing, reinstalled the app and wiping its cache, tried resetting iDrive by holding the volume button down and earlier today as a last resort, I did the full reset in my car which wiped everything including my BMW ID connected to the car.

Now after doing that, I'm not even able to reconnect my BMW ID. Regardless if I try doing it with the My BMW app or using my email address, I get the message no mobile reception at this location message.

At this point, I guess the only option left is going back to the dealer and ask for help. Or is there anything else I could try myself first?

The only thing I didn't dare to do was to remove myself as the key owner or whatever it's called when logged on the BMW Connected Drive portal on my computer. Was going to but stopped when there was a message saying if I proceed, all booked services will remain but I risk being charged or something along those lines.

Based on the number of people I've seen having similar issues, I think BMW really need to address all these kind of issues sooner than later. It's not acceptable having customers who spent this kind of money mess around like this. Simply to be able to fully enjoy the quite expensive product they've bought.

Sigh...
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2023, 05:45 AM   #2
WebMaximus
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xDrive Touring LCI

Just to update, the problem has been solved and turned out to be on BMW:s side and affecting people with iDrive 8 and 8.5.

After they sorted the issue and after doing another full reset on my side, things are back to normal.
Appreciate 1