Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Tweaking Harman Kardon

01-14-2024, 12:30 AM   #199
Jolbex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3

After coding BW to my HK i constantly experienced problems with the RAM/booster. It started to overheat or something and the booster stopped working after a few minutes of loud distortion. After a few hours it was fine again, but i didnt like this and feared some failure so i coded it back off.
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2024, 02:52 PM   #200
elambo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M440i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post
Well, whatever the sound profiles are has nothing to do with the equalizer settings or standard bass/treble settings. My settings stayed exactly the same but activating the B&W profiles added a studio, concert, stage, and rear as well as more surround settings.
I'm not familiar with how it handles Logic 7 but others have researched this and said that it's a series of parameter adjustments which are not unique to the B&W profiles (i.e. they're operating behind the scenes and wouldn't show up as modified eq/fader/etc.).

So any eq adjustments would be cumulative; added to the profiles.

But Studio/Concert/Stage/Rear sounds more like added ambience. Room emulation. I'm curious to read more about this.
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2024, 09:14 PM   #201
I800C0LLECT
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M340

Found a quote from Andy W. in 2022 about HK in BMW

Quote:
The Harman drivers that are in those cars are really nice. They're much better performers than MANY aftermarket speakers. The fact that people on the vehicle specific forums complain about the sound doesn't really have anything to do with the quality of the speakers. maybe they don't like how it's tuned. Maybe it isn't enough bass. Maybe they don't like the way Logic 7 sounds--lots of listeners don't. Some don't like a center image. Some don't like that the center image is in front of them instead of in the center. Some don't understand why when surround is on the back speakers play quietly and they want them to be on all the time. Some don't like it when the sound seems to come from the front and not the back.
This seems to back up my statement...most of our issues are in the application of the amplifier and tuning. Maybe the answer for most folks is to get a TechnicPnP harness with an aftermarket amp/dsp. Then you can tune it for your preference.

Edit...link: https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5995477
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2024, 09:01 AM   #202
Aleksandartg
Rep
Drives: M340i 22'

Revert back to h/k without backup

Hi all,

I have a tech guy working at BMW who helped me with coding B&W sound profile as well as some other few options. However, since I am not really happy with B&W performance, I would like to revert those changes. The issue is the "backup" for reverting those is on his phone, I bought an OBD adapter and paid for bimmercode premium, so I can revert myself but did not succeed. Is there a way to code the default h/k with expert mode without a backup?

Appreciate your help. Thanks!

Last edited by Aleksandartg; 04-07-2024 at 12:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2024, 10:08 AM   #203
cyam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i X (2020 G20)

I read ALL these posts, complaints, fixes blah blah blah.
Tried almost every suggestion.

In the end I have a great sound out of the stock system.

I turn everything off , Logic 7 etc, I installed the B&W and run the "studio" profile and run the eq in the V formation.

I tried all the other eq settings - "200hz must be this or that", "don't drop the mids" bla blah.

In the end the configuration I mentioned just sounds great playing the music I like, which is heavier rock. I do have the bass turned up quite high but I am a drummer and I really listen to bass guitar and drums. The fader is a few notches to the rear but not much.
Appreciate 1
toddwalton1310.50