Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Dealership CRASHES NEW 2023 m340i [HELP!]

03-29-2023, 04:19 PM   #89
STEALERHSIPS GONE SOON
Banned
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublevanosrc View Post
Nice move, that's called leverage my friend.

Well played.
do you happen to work for the said dealership?
it certainly sounds like you do
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 10:18 AM   #90
doublevanosrc
Loves his G20
Rep
Drives: 2020 330ix M sport

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by remeeno View Post
do you happen to work for the said dealership?
it certainly sounds like you do
Nah, I worked at dealerships in Texas and Nevada I believe he's farther north.

2020 330ix-Msport
Past-
2013 135i
2011 135i
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 08:51 PM   #91
MrMegambo
Private
Rep
Drives: M340i 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by oonowindoo View Post
Well that is very easy to verify... after you get your car back assuming the paint matches, headlight aligns and works just as new and car drives straight, go to discount tires, or America's tires or whatever tire shop you prefer, spend $100 to road force balance all 4 wheels just for a peace of mind...

I just went through the same pothole situation with my wife's car after hitting a big ass pothole from the recent CA storms... I could see where the pothole hit the tire but the tire looked fine, no bubble or any visible damages. But there is this very annoying minor vibration at 70mph - 80mph. It took me 3 weeks after multiple visits to different tire places to finally figure out 1 of the wheels is slightly bent (but you can't tell from looking both sides of the wheel). wheel is balanced but the minor vibration will never go away.

Yours looked a lot worse than mine... so get it checked out later.

Very annoying to me but my wife has no idea what vibration i have been talking about... so whatever if she doesnt care, let it be.
I hit 100 very often so hopefully, I won't find any surprises.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 08:52 PM   #92
MrMegambo
Private
Rep

Also, the dealership is waiting for the headlamp m340i LCI 2023 Sportline edition would anyone know when I would get it? It is on backorder the service manager said they are working on getting it faster but I do not believe that.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 05:47 AM   #93
Seaford
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 840 M Sport Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMegambo View Post
Also, the dealership is waiting for the headlamp m340i LCI 2023 Sportline edition would anyone know when I would get it? It is on backorder the service manager said they are working on getting it faster but I do not believe that.
Have you suggested they take one off another vehicle if they have one in stock to rectify THEIR fault as soon as possible??
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2023, 09:16 AM   #94
MrMegambo
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaford View Post
Have you suggested they take one off another vehicle if they have one in stock to rectify THEIR fault as soon as possible??
No I haven’t asked for that and I doubt they have another 23 LCI
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 01:02 PM   #95
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i XDrive

Quote:
No I haven’t asked for that and I doubt they have another 23 LCI
I wouldn’t do that and they most likely will decline anyway or they might tell you they don’t have stock.

Patience is key; looks like you’re already doing the right thing and the dealer is doing right by you. Back order is nothing new especially in the times we’re in. Hope the unit comes in soon enough.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 01:33 PM   #96
oonowindoo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i RWD

Quote:

It is in their best interest to get your car out of there ASAP after all these, so i dont think they are lying.

If you are really interested in finding out, call another BMW dealer's parts department and ask them how long do you have to wait if you wanna order 1 shadowline headlight. It probably will take a week or 2 in most cases.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 05:56 PM   #97
MrMegambo
Private
Rep

I love you guys, thank you for all the knowledge and support I guess I will wait and update you guys.
Appreciate 2
Seaford1147.50
      04-01-2023, 03:35 AM   #98
Seaford
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 840 M Sport Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazzau View Post
I wouldn’t do that and they most likely will decline anyway or they might tell you they don’t have stock.

Patience is key; looks like you’re already doing the right thing and the dealer is doing right by you. Back order is nothing new especially in the times we’re in. Hope the unit comes in soon enough.
You may be right…but the OP has stated he doesn’t believe the dealer on the back order. Personally I would regularly take a look around the showroom/forecourt and start making noises if a car with the correct headlight appears. Why would they refuse?

Bear in mind that the dealer also refused to provide a loan car at the outset due to the drivers age - while the OP has said this wasn’t an issue personally I think it says a lot about the dealer.

Maybe I am a little cynical….based on my experience with a main dealer when things went badly wrong I think I have good reason!

[/HTML]
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 03:41 AM   #99
RoGo330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW330i2022

Quote:
I love you guys, thank you for all the knowledge and support I guess I will wait and update you guys.

Everyone has given you a lot of great advice, but like Madpistol who wrote “Sounds like a coverup,” that Service Manager playing the blame game just seems more of them being super shady.

Why not send that video to BMW Corporate? It seems like you totally deserve compensation for your time, aggravation, the lying that was acknowledged, not giving you a loaner, and on and on. And, also, posting what happened on social media can be an equalizer; that’s why they don’t want you to do it.

Yes. We all make mistakes, maybe not plowing into walls, but it’s how you’ve been treated afterward and given the run around that’s not okay.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 01:11 PM   #100
oonowindoo
Captain
Rep

I wouldn't say it is a coverup... the dealer did acknowledge they are the one who scratched the car and they will restore the car to its original condition and they also provided some extra like fixing the suspension part that OP damaged from hitting the pothole.

To me that is more than reasonable. There are plenty of dealers who scratched customers' bumper or wheels saying it was brought in in that condition.

I dont think sending the video to BMW corporate will do anything but burning the bridge... all it proved is Dealer scratched the car and the dealer never said they didn't.

The most important thing is dealer will fix the car correctly and hopefully will provide extra help to OP in the future when he needs their help, which he will since this wont be the last time he is visiting this dealership for service. That is more beneficial than any imaginary compensation one could expect from BMW Corporate.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 10:11 PM   #101
MrMegambo
Private
Rep

So I did some research and reached out to some friends who work In other BMW dealerships, and they have confirmed that the headlight is on national backorder which I believe will be a hard pill for me to swallow, but I've decided not to wait that long. So far it's been 20 days I will give the dealer a month, and 10 more days to give my car back if not I will talk to the gm maybe getting me an equivalent loaner or making up for the time lost somehow idk. I was told that the car would be back in about a week or so but there's no way I'm waiting 3+ months, that's insane.
Appreciate 1
Seaford1147.50
      04-03-2023, 10:34 PM   #102
zazzau
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i XDrive

Quote:
So I did some research and reached out to some friends who work In other BMW dealerships, and they have confirmed that the headlight is on national backorder which I believe will be a hard pill for me to swallow, but I've decided not to wait that long. So far it's been 20 days I will give the dealer a month, and 10 more days to give my car back if not I will talk to the gm maybe getting me an equivalent loaner or making up for the time lost somehow idk. I was told that the car would be back in about a week or so but there's no way I'm waiting 3+ months, that's insane.
You might want to politely tell them to wave your monthly payment (if financing) after waiting a month. Asking for a loaner sounds reasonable but if they still won’t loan to you based on policy perhaps you could ask for a rental or have them discuss what other options are available since it’s not your fault that you don’t have your car.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 11:09 PM   #103
STEALERHSIPS GONE SOON
Banned
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
I wouldn't say it is a coverup... the dealer did acknowledge they are the one who scratched the car and they will restore the car to its original condition and they also provided some extra like fixing the suspension part that OP damaged from hitting the pothole.

To me that is more than reasonable. There are plenty of dealers who scratched customers' bumper or wheels saying it was brought in in that condition.

I dont think sending the video to BMW corporate will do anything but burning the bridge... all it proved is Dealer scratched the car and the dealer never said they didn't.

The most important thing is dealer will fix the car correctly and hopefully will provide extra help to OP in the future when he needs their help, which he will since this wont be the last time he is visiting this dealership for service. That is more beneficial than any imaginary compensation one could expect from BMW Corporate.

You are probably replying to the wrong thread with "dealer scratched the car".
What happened to MrMegambo's vehicle is anything but a "scratch".

... and if you want to use uppercase in the same sentence with dealership (Dealer) then the only correct grammar is Stealership.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2023, 10:01 AM   #104
doublevanosrc
Loves his G20
Rep
Drives: 2020 330ix M sport

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoGo330i View Post
Everyone has given you a lot of great advice, but like Madpistol who wrote “Sounds like a coverup,” that Service Manager playing the blame game just seems more of them being super shady.

Why not send that video to BMW Corporate? It seems like you totally deserve compensation for your time, aggravation, the lying that was acknowledged, not giving you a loaner, and on and on. And, also, posting what happened on social media can be an equalizer; that’s why they don’t want you to do it.

Yes. We all make mistakes, maybe not plowing into walls, but it’s how you’ve been treated afterward and given the run around that’s not okay.
Cover up??

They admitted fault and promised to repair it, how is it a cover up??

The OP said he had a car so didn't need a loaner.

Horrible advice.

2020 330ix-Msport
Past-
2013 135i
2011 135i
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2023, 01:01 PM   #105
oonowindoo
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yah i dont know what the dealer can or cannot do for you financially since they are not BMW Financial services. But talk to someone one higher up and see what your options are.

Also talk to your insurance to see if your insurance will cover "loaner/rental" cars. If it does, let them GM know and maybe they can make an exception for you because of your age.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2023, 09:59 PM   #106
MrMegambo
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yah i dont know what the dealer can or cannot do for you financially since they are not BMW Financial services. But talk to someone one higher up and see what your options are.

Also talk to your insurance to see if your insurance will cover "loaner/rental" cars. If it does, let them GM know and maybe they can make an exception for you because of your age.
Yea I'm going to speak with the gm because I'm not liking how the dealership is beginning to ignore me.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2023, 10:40 AM   #107
Randy Johnson
M340i
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Garage List
2021 BMW M340i  [10.00]
First off I would have someone professionally write up the incident (your grammer is hard to follow) and then contact BMW corp and possibly a lawyer. Good luck.
Appreciate 1
RoGo330i142.50
      04-11-2023, 10:35 PM   #108
MrMegambo
Private
Rep

Officially been a month? And the car is still at the body shop. No eta on headlight either. Dealerships been slow on the updates I asked for an update and the service manager said he would get back to me when he has one. I do see that the cars being moved around a lot via the mybmw app and they seem to open the hood and doors.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2023, 10:36 PM   #109
MrMegambo
Private
Rep

Smh. parts still on back order no new updates.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2023, 12:33 AM   #110
MrMegambo
Private
Rep

The dealership has finally given a loaner car 530i as per request to the GM.
Appreciate 5