Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Collision warning

10-28-2020, 06:07 AM   #1
Maxdog
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdriive msport

Collision warning

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I have a m340, noticed warnings not working when pulling up to a curb or obstruction used to give warning signal, I don't see anything in the I drive to set it or enable it again?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 07:47 AM   #2
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxdog View Post
I have a m340, noticed warnings not working when pulling up to a curb or obstruction used to give warning signal, I don't see anything in the I drive to set it or enable it again?
I have noticed a few "issues" with the sensors in the G20 (vs. F80).
1) collision warning is less sensitive, lights up but no audible sound (maybe have not had a chance to experience it) even though set to the "most sensitive" setting
2) under trunk foot sensor to open the trunk. Pretty much useless. It was the other war around with my F80. Many times I'd find my trunk open at the parking lot because I walked by it...
3) front parking sensors -- sometimes they warn me pulling into the garage/high curb, sometimes...not...
Appreciate 1
Maxdog48.00
      11-04-2020, 04:37 PM   #3
Aero7000
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i DravitGrau / Cognac

After 6 month of ownership Rear Cross traffic alert finally worked for the first time.
And the next second system hit brakes for me.

So it is good that it actually working, not so good it is cutting in too close for comfort, and I did not find option to adjust sensitivity yet, if anybody know please chime in.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 10:04 PM   #4
Musaabi
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M340

The front parking sensors are hit or miss for me on my 21 build. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't 🤷🏻*♂️. 1 thing I do find very annoying and highly dangerous is the blind spot monitoring. When a car overtaking me and is coming into my blind spot, I get a notification 90% of the time. However, if I'm passing someone, I notice I don't get the notification at all. Also if someone is in my blind spot for too long the car will stop reporting. Or if someone comes in from the next lane I don't get an indication. Seems like ideal conditions for this system is when someone is overtaking.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 11:35 PM   #5
Auditobimmer42
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musaabi View Post
The front parking sensors are hit or miss for me on my 21 build. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't 🤷🏻*♂️. 1 thing I do find very annoying and highly dangerous is the blind spot monitoring.
I also find the blind spot monitoring to be inconsistent for me. Feel like when I have a rental car from a GM or FCA brand, those cars seem to have much better blind spot detection.
Appreciate 0