Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Anyone else waiting for a 2021?

04-19-2020, 02:42 PM   #1
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Given the build I want (xdrive, cooling, active suspension)I have to wait for 2021 - that's fine. I'm just collecting mods along the way.

Already have black bumper inserts (or whatever they are called), grill, mirrors and exhaust tips. I'll transfer my Mission Performance tune from my current 340 and I'm about ready to order a CGI catted DP from Mike at xph.

Next up will be wheels and tires while I wait (struggling with 19's vs 20's but I think I'll end up with 19's so I can get a bit more sidewall) - and when the car eventually arrives it'll be an insta-mod week :-)

Now If I could just stop going back and forth over exterior/interior color my kids would be happy (I'm driving them nuts). Presently it's white/mocha vs tanzanite/black

Anyone else like me waiting (either because you want to or have to?)
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 05:55 AM   #2
kaipajo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

Yep, I ordered 330e (Finland), could have gotten it sooner, but desided together with the bwm salesman that it would be wise to wait for 2021 model. They had heard rumours that some changes to battery would be done, so I'm happy to wait a bit more.

I should have a manufacturing slot for July.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 10:42 AM   #3
TorontoGambler
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Volvo XC90 Inscription

There’s no work on potential 2021 G20 changes are there? If there were any significant changes I’d consider it.

I’ve been set on a new M340i, but with COVID it’s hard to ignore the options of taking over a lease, people seem to be getting aggressive with incentives to get out of their current lease. I expect this to continue, probably hindering new car sales.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 12:00 PM   #4
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoGambler View Post
There’s no work on potential 2021 G20 changes are there? If there were any significant changes I’d consider it.

I’ve been set on a new M340i, but with COVID it’s hard to ignore the options of taking over a lease, people seem to be getting aggressive with incentives to get out of their current lease. I expect this to continue, probably hindering new car sales.
No - I'm not expecting much (maybe some different color option - maybe different bundling of options - but that's all just my own speculation)

The points you make regarding remaining 2020's I think are spot on and I agree with 100% - I would jump on a 2020 if I could find what I was looking for...who knows maybe it's out there and will pop up at some point - or maybe I need to be a little more flexible in my pursuit (won't give up x-drive, really don't want to give up active suspension or cooling)
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 02:43 PM   #5
kaipajo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoGambler View Post

Nothing official about the changes, I understood the info would be available around June. I'm interested to see if there are any optimization done to hybrid batteries, but not expecting any big changes. Dealer claimed that the price for 330e would increase around 800 euros for 2021 models.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 07:54 PM   #6
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
I believe a lot of people are anticipating MY21 models to see what BMW does with MY20 models in terms of incentives. We don't know when production will resume but a lot of dealerships are sitting on a bunch of MY20 models with almost no demand given our current situation.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 08:06 PM   #7
TorontoGambler
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Volvo XC90 Inscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
I believe a lot of people are anticipating MY21 models to see what BMW does with MY20 models in terms of incentives. We don't know when production will resume but a lot of dealerships are sitting on a bunch of MY20 models with almost no demand given our current situation.
True, yet I can't find one non white in Canada with a Cognac interior and a few options in it!! I guess if the incentives get better I'll adapt my search
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2020, 08:12 PM   #8
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

I am waiting on 2021 to see what changes are coming. I was hoping for the black out package Canadians get and also if Merino and leather dash option also. Color choices are killing me also and I have switched back and forth at least a hundred times. Also considering G30 but thats about at the end of its life cycle.
As far as 2020 goes, at the end of the year if the deals are too hard to pass up, I will buy one. Must have options are xdrive, adaptive, harmon kardon and driving assistance.
Appreciate 0