Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) M Sport bumpers with chrome window trim??

05-08-2020, 03:04 PM   #23
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKloud View Post
Factory error? Didn't someone here got their car delivered with mismatched interior trim?
Yes he did and in fact I just realized today that my roof rail piece (channel or whatever you call it) is the wrong white on the driver's side! Lol The pictures make it seem worse than it is but obviously some quality controls going on Haha. Here is the driver's side vs the passenger side...my car is mineral white but they obviously used an alpine white roof rail. It's going in next week to have the part replaced.
That didn't happen at the factory, that for sure happened at the dealership, probably got a light scuff during transport or at the dealership and they repainted it the wrong color or shade
      05-08-2020, 03:22 PM   #24
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
That didn't happen at the factory, that for sure happened at the dealership, probably got a light scuff during transport or at the dealership and they repainted it the wrong color or shade
There was someone else who got mismatched interior trims from the factory. So I wouldn't be surprised. I don't think BMW gives that much of an importance for quality control or whatever it's called since I've read other threads in other subsections (G02/F30 etc etc) where people have got mismatched exterior and interior trims from the factory apparently.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 1
Burrcold5211.50
      05-08-2020, 03:46 PM   #25
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
Absolutely did not. I unwrapped every piece of the car at the dealership. I was even there for the unloading. Factory QA issue 100%.
      05-08-2020, 03:48 PM   #26
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
There was someone else who got mismatched interior trims from the factory. So I wouldn't be surprised. I don't think BMW gives that much of an importance for quality control or whatever it's called since I've read other threads in other subsections (G02/F30 etc etc) where people have got mismatched exterior and interior trims from the factory apparently.
Exactly. How the hell does mismatched interior panels (open pore wood and aluminum???) get missed by their quality control is beyond me.
      05-08-2020, 06:34 PM   #27
PersonaNonGrata
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Exactly. How the hell does mismatched interior panels (open pore wood and aluminum???) get missed by their quality control is beyond me.
I think it worse than being missed by QC. I think it was missed/ignored by a few sets of eyes. You have to think that the interior trim parts are picked as a group in a kit for a particular build so someone put that kit together wrong. Then someone has to install it in the car and that person overlooked the mismatch. (I don’t think the same person picks the parts kits also installs them but I’m guessing.) Then finally, the QC person missed it.

Sad that this happens on a premier brand, even if it is in “just a 3er”.
Appreciate 0