Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions '21 CPO M340i xi - thoughts on listing?

04-21-2024, 12:26 PM   #1
prolific
Private
Rep
Drives: IS-250

'21 CPO M340i xi - thoughts on listing?

Been in the market for an M340i for the past ~few months, just waiting for the perfect fit. CPO and low miles are really what's important to me, and less so the packages or tech that it may be loaded (or not) with. Ideally I want to purchase, and drive for years to come (not the type to hop cars every few years). Annually, I drive fairly low miles (around the ~7-9k range).

I've been in touch with a few local dealerships (I'm in the NY/CT area), and have seen cars come and go since the start of my search. The first couple sold very quickly, and another two or three weren't CPO and the dealer(s) were being shady about PPI etc. so I ended up walking away. Not in a rush, and want to obviously find the best car/deal that I possibly can.

All that said, got a text from a contact at one dealer stating a '21 is being returned early-next week. It checks most of the boxes for me (exterior and interior colors, CPO, etc.) - with the exception of mileage. "Low mileage" to me is somewhere ~20k or less (I'd love to find a model that's in the ~15-20k range ideally).

This particular lease return is around the ~36k mark. Factory warranty until 50k miles or 05/2025 (CPO brings it to 05/2026). While I'm not big on tech, this car "only" has Driving Assist. and Parking Assist. packages (Shadowline as well, which is a personal favorite, but not make/break one way or another). Oddly, original owner didn't opt for the Convenience Package and instead chose to add things like Remote Start and Heated front seats separately (I will say, those are two adds that I think are must-haves). Anyway, in speaking with my contact, the dealer plans to list at/around ~$47.9k, which seems a bit high to me for the mileage on the car, coupled with the lack of tech in this case.

Three questions:

For those in the area, or knowledge of the area and the market, thoughts on pricing?

Secondly, thoughts on mileage? Am I off the mark here, suggesting that ~36k miles is too many, or too "high"? Really interested in feedback and perspective about the mileage in particular, and what others consider low or high miles, especially in the case of a B58 here.

Lastly, if this car checked some boxes for you, and you were interested, what would you offer - or how would you approach negotiations?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 10:44 AM   #2
dod328430
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 328I - 2023 430i

Quick search found these:

https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/3MW5U9J04M8B85353

https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/3MW5U9J04M8B59903

https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/3MW5U9J02M8B66946
Appreciate 0