Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Tons of questions for G20 owners

Closed Thread

05-15-2019, 12:30 PM   #23
JimmXinu
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i, 2019 BMW 330i

I have a few more questions that WXdrivefun didn't ask.

- Does the new US 330i still have 2 key fobs in addition to the NFC key card?

- How are key fobs re-charged now that there's no place to plug them in?

- Does BMW have an electronic version of the owner's manual yet? Preferably PDF? Then I wouldn't have to ask silly questions.
BMW's Manuals wants a VIN to even tell me if it exists...

I ordered my new US 330i Monday, upgrading from 2009 328i.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 02:54 PM   #24
Pauleebe
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Inbetween BMW's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I have a few more questions that WXdrivefun didn't ask.

- Does the new US 330i still have 2 key fobs in addition to the NFC key card? 2 keys

- How are key fobs re-charged now that there's no place to plug them in? No recharge, you have to have it replaced

- Does BMW have an electronic version of the owner's manual yet? Preferably PDF? Then I wouldn't have to ask silly questions.
BMW's Manuals wants a VIN to even tell me if it exists... I'm sure it will be out soon. I agree that's the right place to look

I ordered my new US 330i Monday, upgrading from 2009 328i.
Responded above.
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2019, 02:57 PM   #25
Uoflfan27
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 335xi

Put in a vin from a car on Autotrader
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 03:14 PM   #26
Cosmo_Kramer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Lexus

Free to use this VIN don't think dealer would mind . WBA5U7C04LA232479
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2019, 06:03 PM   #27
JimmXinu
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i, 2019 BMW 330i

Thanks!

I tried using a VIN from a sticker, but it didn't want to work for me. And sure enough, my answers were right there in the manual.

Quote:
General information

The vehicle is supplied with two remote controls with integrated key.

Each remote control contains a replaceable battery.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 06:14 PM   #28
Jbrock22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2pw

Garage List
BMW   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8DZ1LA View Post
Damn that's a lot of questions. Jk lol. I just picked up my G20 yesterday. I'll try to explain as much as I can to your questions.

- Auto stop start- Do you have to press this every time to disable it when you start the car, can it be saved on Off mode? Not a fan of engine abruptly start and stopping. Is this same as F30?

I am not a fan of the auto stop for BMW as well. I think there should be an option to turn it off, but I haven't found it yet. I have to manually do it each time for the time being.

-Is comfort mode always default when you turn on vehicle? Anyway to override this? Is this same as F30?

Yes. Comfort mode is default. You can customize it to make sports your default. It is the same as an F30.

-I heard you can set profiles in the car i.e Valet mode, can it also save vehicle Dynamic settings? i.e. Steering, suspension etc.. So I can create my own driving profile.

Yes. It is very customizable. There are a lot of options you can go through. Which is great, but it takes time to go through each option.

-Is the Wifi included with the vehicle? Can it be active when the vehicle is off in park mode?
Because I was it would be great dash camera can connect to it to monitor surroundings in park mode. (I believe in Canada our App doesn't allow 3D View)

You have to add Wifi as an addition option, but it is capable of it (I don't have it in mine).

-Anyone have good videos and sound clips of the G20 M-Performance exhaust installed on the 330i/330Xi?

I don't think they have it yet for the US version.

-For those with Lazer LEDs, do they swivel as you turn when driving?

Yes, they swivel as you turn.

-In the past generations F30s and E90s fog lights also act as cornering lights, is the the same for the fog LEDS on the G20 330 with the M-Sport Package?

I believe so, but not 100% sure.

-How is Adaptive M-Sport Suspension different from the regular sport suspension? Can anyone comment about having the Adaptive M-Sport suspension in sport mode different from a vehicle without Adaptive M-Sport suspension in sport mode?

I've never driven a BMW without the adaptive m-sports suspension so I can't really compare.

-The G20 has 1 USB-A (Cup holder) and 3 USB-Cs (1 inside center arm rest and 2 in the rear passenger) Can anyone confirm when a smartphone connected to the USB-A or USB-C in the center arm rest it allows transfer data? or is it only charging port and is data transfer done via bluetooth or Applecarplay?

I haven't tested the USB ports in the passenger, but the front does allow data transfer (both through via Bluetooth and plugging it in directly).

-Is there like an internal HDD?

Yes.

-How are the BMW GPS maps updated? In the past F30 and E90 generations, I hear you need a USB stick/CD from the dealership to update the GPS map for $$$. Is it different now? or still the same?

It is automatically updated in the new iDrive. It's been like that for a while now. You don't have to go to the dealership.

-I have heard/seen pre-wiring for CD player for US models are present. How about the Canadian variants? Can anyone clarify?

Sorry can't help there lol.

-It appears the US has space saving spare tire, but not for Canadian variant? Can anyone verify this? For the US model is space saving spare tire part of package when you select Non-Runflat tires? Or is it completely separate purchase regardless if you have Run or Non-Runflat tires?

It is a completely separate option that you can add.

-For those who selected the black mirror caps are they high gloss or matt black?

They didn't have that option yet in the Us version, but I'm assuming it is high gloss.

-Anyone tried driving with 19" winter tires vs 18" winter tires? Any considerable differences with respect to handling in snow? I heard 18" are preferable for deeper snow.

Can't help there lol.

-Anyone have direct me to instructions how to change wiper blades and the respective length size? They seem different from the F30 as the spray jets are integrated into the wipers. (Want to upgrade the wipers eventually and this should be a simple DIY)

Can't help here either.

-Anyone have photos of underside of G20 vehicle and wheel wells? Want to decide if undercarriage oil spray is necessary for rust protection as I live in the snow-belt region for the winter months.

Nope sorry.

-For those countries with the LCD digital key FOB available for the new 3 series, (like the 5 series and 7 series), can you also remotely move the car back and forth? similar to summon feature in Tesla 3.

It is not a feature of the 3 series. The US version does not have a digital key FOB.

-Is there a subscription fee for the BMW apps for connection to the vehicle via the smart phone?

You'll get Apple Play for a year I think and then they'll start to charge you. The connected app is free.
Aa far as I know an F30 will start in comfort mode by default. You can code it to start in Econ mode but not sport mode.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 10:20 AM   #29
Cosmo_Kramer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Lexus

Are the music streaming from BMW apps getting data from SIM card in the car? How does that work? Or do they use your phone's data plan? If it's from car sim card is there monthly fees for data I don't think BMW gives this away for free.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 06:45 PM   #30
bimmer2023
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 bmw 330xi

Has anyone here gotten the front tow hook plate bracket fir the g20 yet?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread