Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I REAALY wanted to see the Keystone Cops (starring Hawkeye ) moving a big safe
      08-31-2019, 03:53 PM   #2180
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

The new Lion King. Highest grossing animated film of all time and I really didn't like it that much. At least, it's definitely not as good as the original
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 04:50 AM   #2181
Danster
Seasoned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
The new Lion King. Highest grossing animated film of all time and I really didn't like it that much. At least, it's definitely not as good as the original
I didn't like it either. Actually, I don't like all these new Disney remakes. Though I like the revival of old cartoons like The Duck Tales, those feel like a continuation of the story. But the movie remakes? No, thanks.

My confession is that I use a beard straightener, something like this. I know, sounds like a hipster lumberjack thing and I thought the same at first. I didn't buy, by the way, that was a present from my gf.

Last edited by Danster; 09-13-2019 at 02:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 10:52 AM   #2182
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Between intermittent fasting, lots of cardio and the amount of protein shakes that I drink. My flatulence has become unbearable at times. To those that are familiar with the Unpleasant Work Environment thread, I have taken the advice of those from the thread. On the days that the co-worker, I share an office with, is being her typical unsavory self, I ensure the air is just as unsavory....then I leave the office the for a while as she gets to marinate in it.

She can now talk all the shit she wants, she can now smell it too. I've had several employees, from other departments, ask me if she has shit her pants in there, after walking through the office. The greatest thing about all of this is, that she just had lap band surgery performed and is constantly complaining about how upset her stomach is, so everyone thinks that it's her. I'm enjoying this way more than I should.
Appreciate 7
dinonz3214.00
upstatedoc7555.50
Rmtt8206.00
rcaso26331.00
wrickem2101.00
      09-17-2019, 12:09 PM   #2183
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
at times i feel guilt and upset about going no contact with my immediate family.
there never seem to be happy moments, it was argument after another, criticism, judgmental. all negative and it was taking a toll on my health and marriage with a baby.
So I did what they didnt think i had the courage to do, walk away 18 months ago and counting.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
wdb4673.00
      09-17-2019, 12:23 PM   #2184
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
at times i feel guilt and upset about going no contact with my immediate family.
there never seem to be happy moments, it was argument after another, criticism, judgmental. all negative and it was taking a toll on my health and marriage with a baby.
So I did what they didnt think i had the courage to do, walk away 18 months ago and counting.
You are better off cutting negativity out of your life. I've started doing that piece by piece and it has certainly helped with my mental well-being.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
nyalpine907384.50
      09-17-2019, 12:23 PM   #2185
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Advice from someone with an addictive personality:

You can always go back for just long enough to remember why you left in the first place. It always made me feel better about my decision of cessation in retrospect. Realistically, it's best just to stay away. Not telling you not to have a relationship with your family, but ridding yourself of toxic environments/relationships destroys you and heals you simultaneously.

What you did took courage.
Appreciate 1
nyalpine907384.50
      09-17-2019, 12:35 PM   #2186
RogHer
Banned
Rep
Drives: R 310.

I am the second coming of Christ.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 12:56 PM   #2187
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_R View Post
I am the second coming of Christ.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 01:02 PM   #2188
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Advice from someone with an addictive personality:

You can always go back for just long enough to remember why you left in the first place. It always made me feel better about my decision of cessation in retrospect. Realistically, it's best just to stay away. Not telling you not to have a relationship with your family, but ridding yourself of toxic environments/relationships destroys you and heals you simultaneously.

What you did took courage.
i tried to establish a relationship with them, but they demanded more and not caring for me & my family. I got tired of not being able to meet their expectations and it seem like bar got higher n higher. I was more of a let down.
I asked myself many times, what am i doing ??? why am i living my life to please them all the time... the only way to end it all was to simply walk away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
You are better off cutting negativity out of your life. I've started doing that piece by piece and it has certainly helped with my mental well-being.
it takes a toll on your body, i had disconnected myself from everyone trying to figure out WHY is everything an issue..

i had to learn the hard way that i needed to put myself first, take care of myself in order to provide for my family. i did end up in hospital for few days.

Last edited by nyalpine90; 09-17-2019 at 01:12 PM..
Appreciate 5
King Rudi13152.00
Rmtt8206.00
wdb4673.00
      09-18-2019, 05:59 AM   #2189
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Same situation here man. My mom lost all my respect with stuff she has done in the past. So I don't talk to here. I did talk to my dad regularly, but it got to a point where he would never call me, I would always have to initiate the conversation and he would talk to me like I was someone else because she would be in the room and listening.

Before that, I was only called if there were problems or if someone needed help for something. I kept my 2nd wife pretty much completely away from them as my mom is so bad, I knew it would be WW3 because my wife is not the type of person to take any kind of snide remarks...she would give it back.

So I am pretty much in the same boat. I gave everything I had, now I am the one who looks like the "black sheep" of the family because I won't kiss someone's ass.
King Rudi13152.00
      09-18-2019, 06:43 AM   #2190
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Same situation here man. My mom lost all my respect with stuff she has done in the past. So I don't talk to here. I did talk to my dad regularly, but it got to a point where he would never call me, I would always have to initiate the conversation and he would talk to me like I was someone else because she would be in the room and listening.

Before that, I was only called if there were problems or if someone needed help for something. I kept my 2nd wife pretty much completely away from them as my mom is so bad, I knew it would be WW3 because my wife is not the type of person to take any kind of snide remarks...she would give it back.

So I am pretty much in the same boat. I gave everything I had, now I am the one who looks like the "black sheep" of the family because I won't kiss someone's ass.

it is really sad to hear this. my dad supported my mom in her wrong doings, never tried to stop her. My mother got my sister and brother involved, they did their share of covering up for my mother. I had to call them and inform them how my child was doing, never cared to stop by my house. I had to literally invite them, and it was short visit. My wife stood by my side thru all of it. even when she greeted them, they wouldnt care to respond.

i do have my moments that i miss them, but i cant go back to that toxic environment.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
Rmtt8206.00
      09-18-2019, 06:53 AM   #2191
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:

i do have my moments that i miss them, but i cant go back to that toxic environment.
Yup, totally not worth it man. Some people are just toxic to your happiness, and will do whatever they want with no regard for how it impacts others. Meanwhile being the bigger person you care about them and want the best for them, but it goes unappreciated. Not worth the stress, life is too short. Spend time with people who appreciate you and who you enjoy being around.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
Rmtt8206.00
      09-18-2019, 07:02 AM   #2192
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Yup, totally not worth it man. Some people are just toxic to your happiness, and will do whatever they want with no regard for how it impacts others. Meanwhile being the bigger person you care about them and want the best for them, but it goes unappreciated. Not worth the stress, life is too short. Spend time with people who appreciate you and who you enjoy being around.

it all comes down to being respectful. thats one thing that will break any relationship apart. when there is no respect, there is no love.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
Rmtt8206.00
      09-18-2019, 09:03 AM   #2193
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
it all comes down to being respectful. thats one thing that will break any relationship apart. when there is no respect, there is no love.
Word! How can I love somebody without respect for the very personal person?
Ok, if its just for sex, but thats another story

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 10:53 AM   #2194
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

it is really sad to hear this. my dad supported my mom in her wrong doings, never tried to stop her. My mother got my sister and brother involved, they did their share of covering up for my mother. I had to call them and inform them how my child was doing, never cared to stop by my house. I had to literally invite them, and it was short visit. My wife stood by my side thru all of it. even when she greeted them, they wouldnt care to respond.

What's bad in my situation is that my dad knows how she is....but since he has to live with her he just tries to lay low and keep the peace.

And if that means not talking to me to keep her off his back...that is what he does.

She's brought all this stuff upon herself with pretty much anyone she's had a relationship with...but still comes out looking like the victim.

I can't tell you how many times I have heard "I'm a changed person" and her expect everything to be normal.

I'm the type of person that looks at it like show me...don't tell me. So if I don't automatically act like everything is okay....it's only because I'm watching your actions for the next little while as I know she can't keep the facade up for long...and 3-4 days later she is back to her old self.
      09-18-2019, 01:55 PM   #2195
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
What's bad in my situation is that my dad knows how she is....but since he has to live with her he just tries to lay low and keep the peace.

And if that means not talking to me to keep her off his back...that is what he does.

She's brought all this stuff upon herself with pretty much anyone she's had a relationship with...but still comes out looking like the victim.

I can't tell you how many times I have heard "I'm a changed person" and her expect everything to be normal.

I'm the type of person that looks at it like show me...don't tell me. So if I don't automatically act like everything is okay....it's only because I'm watching your actions for the next little while as I know she can't keep the facade up for long...and 3-4 days later she is back to her old self.
I know my mother wont changed, its reason i have kept away until she admits her wrong doing I will stay away. Your situation is very very similar to mine, almost felt your telling my story.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 02:18 PM   #2196
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

I realized that most of my recent posts could go in this thread, the shitting at work thread, or the pet peeves thread. And would be on topic in all three places.
Appreciate 2
upstatedoc7555.50
wdb4673.00
      09-19-2019, 01:29 PM   #2197
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
I realized that most of my recent posts could go in this thread, the shitting at work thread, or the pet peeves thread. And would be on topic in all three places.
ARRRRGGHHHH, BAN! Trying to be on topic in OT
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 02:17 PM   #2198
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
I would sell a kidney for the right $
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 02:27 PM   #2199
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
I would sell a kidney for the right $
what is the going rate?
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      09-20-2019, 04:52 AM   #2200
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

It's casual Friday....and I found an old favorite shirt to wear to work that I hadn't seen in a while.

The front of it says:

Sarcasm....Because killing people is frowned upon!
King Rudi13152.00