Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs Which Tire Dressing do you all use that doesn't 'sling'?

09-08-2019, 11:36 PM   #1
premier3is
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

Which Tire Dressing do you all use that doesn't 'sling'?

Curious to hear from you all what tire dressing you all use? I currently got the Chemical Guys VRP and have used it on my new 2019 Alpine White 330i M-Sport.

Problem is, like every other tire dressing I've used, it 'slings' onto the body once you drive off.... Not only is that the problem but if you leave it there long enough, it stains the paint slightly with a small yellowish spot wherever it slings. The yellowish stain cannot come off.

Upset I got a few of them on my rear quarter panel, its unnoticable to most, but obviously you notice every small thing on your own car.

It says this tire dressing doesn't sling but, it does. It's even water based. What do you all use?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 01:13 PM   #2
Wmzorba09
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw M340 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Curious to hear from you all what tire dressing you all use? I currently got the Chemical Guys VRP and have used it on my new 2019 Alpine White 330i M-Sport.

Problem is, like every other tire dressing I've used, it 'slings' onto the body once you drive off.... Not only is that the problem but if you leave it there long enough, it stains the paint slightly with a small yellowish spot wherever it slings. The yellowish stain cannot come off.

Upset I got a few of them on my rear quarter panel, its unnoticable to most, but obviously you notice every small thing on your own car.

It says this tire dressing doesn't sling but, it does. It's even water based. What do you all use?
I use chemical guys but I let it dry before I drive so there is no sling
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 02:12 PM   #3
premier3is
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmzorba09 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post

I use chemical guys but I let it dry before I drive so there is no sling
I let it dry overnight as well, but still caused sling... maybe because I did 2-3 coats to get that wet black look?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 10:49 AM   #4
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
They will all sling if you just apply it and drive off.

I use Zaino's tire dressing which is water based and never had any issues.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:28 PM   #5
Joro2819
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 750LI

I use Turtle Wax tire shine and do not have issue with sling. I use a sponge and do not put more than two coats on. All depends on how much you clean your tire. Too clean and it's like starting over to get tire to absorb the dressing. Also I am a big fan of Turtle Wax products again, they have come a long way since my dad used them in the 70's.
Appreciate 0