Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Driver Profile Log In to Car

08-24-2019, 10:16 AM   #1
Franko666
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Driver Profile Log In to Car

Anyone having issues logging in to their driver profile from their car?
Tried it several times but keeps saying incorrect username or password.
Tried everything but still no success.
Been on BMW but they said they have never had that problem before and will look into it.

I can see all the info of my car from my app on the phone, so sign in details are correct.

Also having problems changing name from "hey BMW". Keeps telling me not available at this time.
      08-27-2019, 12:45 PM   #2
wolverine4139
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko666 View Post
Been on BMW but they said they have never had that problem before and will look into it.

I can see all the info of my car from my app on the phone, so sign in details are correct.

Also having problems changing name from "hey BMW". Keeps telling me not available at this time.
Yes. I have this too. Started about a week ago. Add it to the list of things going pear shaped on the system.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 03:19 PM   #3
StevenDS85
I ///M Fan
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M-Sport

Try logging in on the BMW connected portal on an internet browser. If that works, change your password and try again in your car with the engine running. Good luck!
Appreciate 1
      09-02-2019, 09:26 AM   #4
Franko666
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDS85 View Post
Try logging in on the BMW connected portal on an internet browser. If that works, change your password and try again in your car with the engine running. Good luck!
I created a BMW ID which is different to my email log in and it worked.
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2019, 04:28 PM   #5
Olek_online
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i xDrive

Quote:

I had this problem too, and it turned out the reason was using the plus sign in my login (like, "email+connecteddrive@server.com"). It seems there is a bug in Connected Drive (go figure) where you can set up an account with an email like that and log in via a browser, but not from the car.
I set up another account with a plain email address and then it worked.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 09:32 AM   #6
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:

i had same issue with my m340. was at dealership 2 hours on Thursday for an update to idrive 7. for me what happened was it dumped my profile wouldn't let me log back in and none of the idrive features worked . was annoyed as it is only 3 weeks old. but there have been 2 idrive 7 updates since car was made. good luck with yours
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 03:26 AM   #7
yaholez
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 330i

Quote:
I'm quite surprised that BMW have advised you they haven't had this problem before. This is a recurring issue since release of the G20, primarily affecting vehicles with iDrive 7.

The issue is effectively related to poor network / data connections affecting online services. Error messages include "Server connection not available at this time", "Network not available. Please try again later", "Incorrect username and password" (despite correct details). When you do manage to log in, the vehicle often logs back out, resetting to the "guest" profile losing any custom configuration of settings, seat positions, etc.

A few people on this board seem to have had some luck with an upgrade to the new software version (07/2019), however many dealers still appear to be very reluctant to upgrade customers, and this doesn't seem to be working for everyone.

The key is to get in your dealership's ear about it so they know you are having a problem, and they can keep you updated with any developments. It may also be worth discussing compensation with your dealership, as a number of people on this board have had success with compensation for the services that are not working.

Ultimately though, don't accept the line "oh we haven't had that problem before". A quick look through these G20 boards (and other 2019 / 2020 vehicles running iDrive 7) will reveal that BMW is VERY aware of these issues!
Appreciate 1