Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums AUSTRALIA My BMW App now released in Australia

03-30-2021, 03:49 AM   #1
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
My BMW App now released in Australia

Hi all just got an email from BMW Australia notifying me of the Apps official release
Downloaded it on to my iphone and it works also available for Android
      03-30-2021, 05:27 AM   #2
Ikester19
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix; F30 328i msport

Garage List
2018 330i LCI  [0.00]
2020 G20 M340ix  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
Hi all just got an email from BMW Australia notifying me of the Apps official release
Downloaded it this evening too. Seems ok but nothing new compared to the Connected Drive app.

Btw, I like your profile name lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 05:49 AM   #3
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikester19 View Post
Quote:
Downloaded it this evening too. Seems ok but nothing new compared to the Connected Drive app.

[QUOTE=Ikester19;27409647]
If you have iDrive 7 you can add a personal avatar that pops up in your profile page and it allows you to do OTA upgrades via your smartphone using home WiFi which is much quicker & reliable than using the cars inbuilt SIM card 3/4 G connection

I suspect we are getting an OTA upgrade soon as BMW made a big announcement about a worldwide OTA recently in the motoring press
Ikester192120.50
      03-30-2021, 03:30 PM   #4
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
I’ve never received emails from BMW Australia, even though I’ve owned BMWs for more than 25 years.
I found out about the My BMW App from a completely different source.
I downloaded it yesterday and it seems ok, but not a giant leap forward and I do not see much difference to Connected. The only welcome difference I could see was a line regarding OTA Updates, but the App said that none were currently available for my car. This is disappointing as I still do not have a rev counter when in Sport Mode and RTTI has never worked since the last OTA in November (version 07/2020.54).
Even with the new App, I cannot lock or unlock the car......even though the car is only a few meters away below me in the garage. Perhaps it will work once I get the car out into the open air with better SIM/WiFi access.
      03-30-2021, 05:39 PM   #5
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
This is disappointing as I still do not have a rev counter when in Sport Mode and RTTI has never worked since the last OTA in November (version 07/2020.54).
If you do coding or have access to it you may find this of interest with respect to rev counter issue
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...740022&page=11

I suspect This owner in the UK was having the same issue as you are
      03-30-2021, 08:50 PM   #6
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If you do coding or have access to it you may find this of interest with respect to rev counter issue
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...740022&page=11

I suspect This owner in the UK was having the same issue as you are
Thanks for this I’ll have a look at the coding.
I have BimmerCode TestFlight but I’m not sure if I will be able to access all these codes without E-Sys.
We’ll see.....
      03-30-2021, 09:54 PM   #7
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks for this I’ll have a look at the coding.
I have BimmerCode TestFlight but I’m not sure if I will be able to access all these codes without E-Sys.
We’ll see.....
I use E-Sys and all these FDL codes are in the Kombi ECU which Bimmercode can access in expert mode. Should be a piece cake just remember to do a backup before you modify
      04-02-2021, 09:21 PM   #8
TikiTourer
Old Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M340i, Mineral White

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2013 125i  [0.00]
Quote:
I've never received emails from BMW Australia, even though I've owned BMWs for more than 25 years.
I downloaded it yesterday and it seems ok, but not a giant leap forward and I do not see much difference to Connected. The only welcome difference I could see was a line regarding OTA Updates, but the App said that none were currently available for my car. This is disappointing as I still do not have a rev counter when in Sport Mode and RTTI has never worked since the last OTA in November (version 07/2020.54).
Even with the new App, I cannot lock or unlock the car......even though the car is only a few meters away below me in the garage. Perhaps it will work once I get the car out into the open air with better SIM/WiFi access.
Quote:
I've never received emails from BMW Australia, even though I've owned BMWs for more than 25 years.
The biggest difference is that that the Remote 3D view is properly integrated into the MyBMW App and works 5 times faster. And like that you can share directions to the car from Google Maps directly, or share the cars location to others.

If your car was manufactured before January 2020 there is a software bug in the Telematics Unit that prevents remote services working for extended period. There is a January 2020 Service Bulletin issued for a software module upgrade . Since I had my M340i don't last July, remote services from Connected Drive or MyBMW have always worked 100%.
I'm surprised you aren't getting emails; when you map or delete your car with either of the Apps you will get emails. And when you enable remote services to your car from the App you will get email confirmation.
I've had BMWs for 22 years and ever since Connected Drive was available on my 2014 4 Series and 2 subsequent cars, I have received regular BMW emails. I'm in NZ but you should still be seeing emails; Our Connected Drive support number goes to Melbourne.

There is an easy fIx for RTTI not working after software upgrade. My RTTI thread from January on this forum gives provides info on how to fix it.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2021, 11:39 PM   #9
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TikiTourer View Post
The biggest difference is that that the Remote 3D view is properly integrated into the MyBMW App and works 5 times faster. And like that you can share directions to the car from Google Maps directly, or share the cars location to others.

If your car was manufactured before January 2020 there is a software bug in the Telematics Unit that prevents remote services working for extended period. There is a January 2020 Service Bulletin issued for a software module upgrade . Since I had my M340i don't last July, remote services from Connected Drive or MyBMW have always worked 100%.
I'm surprised you aren't getting emails; when you map or delete your car with either of the Apps you will get emails. And when you enable remote services to your car from the App you will get email confirmation.
I've had BMWs for 22 years and ever since Connected Drive was available on my 2014 4 Series and 2 subsequent cars, I have received regular BMW emails. I'm in NZ but you should still be seeing emails; Our Connected Drive support number goes to Melbourne.

There is an easy fIx for RTTI not working after software upgrade. My RTTI thread from January on this forum gives provides info on how to fix it.
Weirdly, I received an email from BMW, after I had posted on this forum, letting me know the My BMW App was available for download.
Life is all about timing!

Perhaps you can help me......
I can’t find Remote 3D on the My BMW App. Can you give me some pointers?
I’ve found your fix for RTTI on the forum and will give it a go tomorrow. Thanks for this.

BTW, my car was built mid January 2020.
      04-03-2021, 12:00 AM   #10
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
It means "Take all" in the local Shona language. The name was used as the local slang word for Salisbury now known as Harare where I was born and raised.
The name originated from the Southern, Northern Rhodesia and Nyasaland Federation days that was formed in the 1930's? and dissolved in the 1960's when Zambia (N Rhodesia) and Malawi (Nyasaland) and later Zimbabwe (Rhodesia) gained independence from Britain.

In the federation days, Salisbury the capital of Southern Rhodesia used to receive the bulk of overseas colonial funding from London much to the disgust of the local authorities in Blantyre & Lusaka hence the origin of the name.
More recently the name has been adopted by the current ZANU PF regime "as a cry of victory"
      04-03-2021, 12:21 AM   #11
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Weirdly, I received an email from BMW, after I had posted on this forum, letting me know the My BMW App was available for download.

I’ve found your fix for RTTI on the forum and will give it a go tomorrow. Thanks for this.

Not sure if the 3 series supports Remote 3D I have it on both the connected drive App and My BMW App as I have a G05 X5 see image below swipe to the left to see the tile

Funny my X5 is also due an annual inspection next friday I will be asking them if they will update the car to 03/2021.xx i-Step
Attached Images

Last edited by Bambazonke; 04-03-2021 at 03:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2021, 12:21 AM   #12
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

TikiTourer,
Thanks for the RTTI fix......worked a treat.
As an added bonus, while I was faffing with the car, I was notified on the My BMW App of a software upgrade to 11/2020.50.
This downloaded to my iPhone in about 3 minutes.
The car is now preparing for installation. However, it’s taking a while and might be related to the charge of the battery (currently only 62%).
So, I’ve put the battery on charge and will see how things pan out.
But, on the whole, looking good.
Hopefully, with this new installation, my tacho will return when in Sports Mode. Otherwise, I will give the coding option a look.
Having said that, the car is due for service on Friday, so I might just let the BMW techs have a look.
      04-03-2021, 01:07 AM   #13
Ikester19
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix; F30 328i msport

Garage List
2018 330i LCI  [0.00]
2020 G20 M340ix  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
It means "Take all" in the local Shona language. The name was used as the local slang word for Salisbury now known as Harare where I was born and raised.
The name originated from the Southern, Northern Rhodesia and Nyasaland Federation days that was formed in the 1930's? and dissolved in the 1960's when Zambia (N Rhodesia) and Malawi (Nyasaland) and later Zimbabwe (Rhodesia) gained independence from Britain.

In the federation days, Salisbury the capital of Southern Rhodesia used to receive the bulk of overseas colonial funding from London much to the disgust of the local authorities in Blantyre & Lusaka hence the origin of the name.
More recently the name has been adopted by the current ZANU PF regime "as a cry of victory"
It appears we were born and raised in the same town then, I lived there until I was 27 yrs old. Fond memories of Zimbabwe!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2021, 03:52 AM   #14
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

I can't find Remote 3D on the My BMW App. Can you give me some pointers?
I've found your fix for RTTI on the forum and will give it a go tomorrow. Thanks for this.

BTW, my car was built mid January 2020.[/QUOTE]

Swipe left SteveAus
Remote 3D view is a few tiles further along
Appreciate 1
SteveAus259.50
      04-03-2021, 02:43 PM   #15
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Aha....sneaky!
I see it now. Will give it a go in the daylight.
Thanks NoSUV4ME
      04-05-2021, 03:50 AM   #16
NoSUV4Me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Ok now I hv a q - can't find where to "send destination" from the app
Whenever I search for a location in the maps part, it says no connection ...??
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 06:44 PM   #17
achk
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW U11 iX1 Xdrive 30

The old connected app can access my calendar and easily allow me to send my next destination address to the car navigation.

That feature seems to be missing in the new my BMW app. Or can someone point me where to find it?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 07:50 PM   #18
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSUV4Me View Post
Ok now I hv a q - can't find where to "send destination" from the app
Whenever I search for a location in the maps part, it says no connection ...??
You’re in the right part of the App.
I can send destinations from the App to my car.

I’m sorry, not sure why you’re seeing No Connection. It looks like you have a solid 4G connection in your post. In theory, it should have worked.
I assume you’ve tried this more than once with the same result?
      04-07-2021, 07:52 PM   #19
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by achk View Post
The old connected app can access my calendar and easily allow me to send my next destination address to the car navigation.

That feature seems to be missing in the new my BMW app. Or can someone point me where to find it?
Go to Map at the bottom of the App screen.
Type in your address in the top bar where you see the magnifier symbol.
Hit return and you will be asked if you want to send the destination to your car.
      04-07-2021, 07:56 PM   #20
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by achk View Post

Correct I can't find it either. In CD calendar addresses are listed under the recent tile in the destinations menu. Strange as they do ask permission to access your calendar in your personal profile. All I can see is favourites in the My BMW map tile no recent or frequent sub menus. I also don't see tyre pressure in the check control messages only engine oil

IMO they have a long way to go before the new App is equal or better in features. At this stage the only extra feature is you can post a personalised Avatar which only shows if you have iDrive 7
      04-10-2021, 05:26 PM   #21
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

I can't find Remote 3D on the My BMW App. Can you give me some pointers?
I've found your fix for RTTI on the forum and will give it a go tomorrow. Thanks for this.

TikiTourer,
Thanks for the RTTI fix......worked a treat.
As an added bonus, while I was faffing with the car, I was notified on the My BMW App of a software upgrade to 11/2020.50.
This downloaded to my iPhone in about 3 minutes.
The car is now preparing for installation. However, it's taking a while and might be related to the charge of the battery (currently only 62%).
So, I've put the battery on charge and will see how things pan out.
But, on the whole, looking good.
Hopefully, with this new installation, my tacho will return when in Sports Mode. Otherwise, I will give the coding option a look.
Having said that, the car is due for service on Friday, so I might just let the BMW techs have a look.
Took my X5 up to Townsville on Friday for its annual inspection & towbar wiring installation Dealer also upgraded the iStep to 03/2021.36. No new iDrive features other than the M Laptimer App and My BMW App replacing the Connected Drive App. I was rather hoping the Apple digital key option would appear as I have read in the forum the NFC chip used for the current key card and Samsung smartphone will work providing the software was updated. BMW say it will only work in cars assembled in August 2020 onwards really feel sorry for those owners that have cars assembled in June or July

Did they sort out your tacho display issue?[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images