Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Amazon Alexa Issues

04-13-2021, 01:11 PM   #89
cliveywolves
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport Plus Edition 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodc271 View Post
After your experience, checked the app, and for the first time it said Alexa available for my 330i.

Checking the car itself, the extra voice option 'Third party providers' was there as well.

BMW have definitely done something even though as you say car version not changed, 11/2020.45, and not aware of a My BMW app update. Only told last week by BMW that my car needed .50 at a minimum for Alexa to work.

Alexa working in the car as well.

All very strange.
It certainly is , but it’s now working for now
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 01:26 PM   #90
tomto147
Rep
Drives: 420D

Hello, I tried to run Amazon Alexa functions on my BMW today.

I was able to correctly link my BMW ID to my amazon account. In MyBMWapp I have the status of a valid connection to the service. My software version in the car is 03 / 2021.46. However, AlexaApp did not appear on the list of apps installed in the car (is it necessary?), despite the fact that the list was refreshed by "option". I have activated all the voice assistant functions of the external provider. Also the trigger word.

When I say "Alexa" a blue circle appears on the car's screen, but as soon as I say the command, the circle disappears after a short beep and nothing happens. Nothing else works, the circle disappears every time I say something after "Alexa".

Is the availability of Alexa features limited to certain countries? My car is linked to an account in Germany, but I tried to use the function in Poland.

Any ideas?

I tried to reset the idrive by holding down the power button. It seems that something has changed because after saying Alex on the screen in addition to the blue ring appeared "good evening Tom". But as soon as the command is spoken, a short beep and the ring disappears. When I said Alexa again, the system asked to me complete Alexa setup to go ahead. The only option was "OK" and nothing happened. So I do not know how to complete this configuration because in the application on the phone everything lights up as properly connected.

I tried to reset the app on the iPhone but it also did not work.
The only thing I haven't done yet is a car data reset.
Should Alexa show up in the list of installed apps?

Last edited by tomto147; 05-22-2021 at 01:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 11:40 AM   #91
tomto147
Rep
Drives: 420D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomto147 View Post
Hello, I tried to run Amazon Alexa functions on my BMW today.

I tried to reset the app on the iPhone but it also did not work.
The only thing I haven't done yet is a car data reset.
Should Alexa show up in the list of installed apps?
So I was able to find a solution that has been working stably for several days. Maybe it will give some hints for others (especially from countries not officially supported by BMW regarding this function).

1. First, your car must have an account on the Connected Drive portal where the feature is supported (eg Germany, UK). This means that the VIN will be transferred to this account or the function will not work. And by the way, then you can actually access Spotify via the car's SIM card as a bonus feature.
2. Make the connection as BMW shows in the tutorial here:

3. Integration works regardless of whether your phone is connected to the car in iDrive or Carplay mode.
4. In my case, unstable operation was caused by several attempts to integrate with the service, which resulted in several BMW integration end devices in my Amazon Alexa account. It is worth logging in and checking if there is more than one. It is best to delete all (disconnect from the service / remove from the list). And then make the connection all over again.
5. I didn't need to reset the car to factory settings as some people suggested here.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 06:48 AM   #92
ukbrizer
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw g20

Quote:
Originally Posted by seelark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodc271 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by willougs View Post
Quote:
You need your vehicle software to be at 11/2020.54.
My car is 11/2020.50 and it works fine with my work iPhone..
Sorry for providing incorrect information. I'll go back to sleep, and then wash my non Alexa operated 11/2020.45 330e in MSB for the second time this week
So is 11/2020.45 not Alexa capable, or is any sub-version of 11/2020 OK?
My BMW app shows the vehicle not supported on 11/2020.45
I found changing the language to US English works. Don't know why
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 04:17 PM   #93
DarksideKiller
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3e

I still having troubles with Alexa

I am still having troubles using Alexa. In my case I did a try and error. Started connecting one thing and trying to see what is causing the problem. I connected everything without connect the Android Auto and it worked every time without troubles. The only time it didn't works was when I change the BMW language to Spanish. When I did it Alexa stopped working. Then I set back to English and Alexa worked again. I can't use BMW in English and Alexa in Spanish without troubles. But I can't use BMW in Spanish and Alexa in Spanish or English.

Then I tried to connect Android Auto. As soon I did it Alexa stopped working. I think the problem is Android Auto in my case.

BMW need to fix it as soon as possible.
Appreciate 0