Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Driver Assistance Pro no longer available to order

04-15-2021, 07:11 AM   #1
CharlieChalk
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C Class

Driver Assistance Pro no longer available to order

Word of caution to anyone thinking of ordering a 3/4 series, or who has one on order.

I ordered a fully specc’ed G21 330E at the start of this year. It was due for manufacture week 18. The dealer contacted me earlier this week to say the Tech Pack Pro was no longer available and would not be present on my vehicle. After a bit of digging, he was able to confirm it was Driver Assistance Pro that would be missing - all other options in the tech pack could be ordered individually apart from this one.

He has done a great job of trying to get to the bottom of what’s going on, but so far BMW are not releasing any details - no justification for removing the item, no date when it will be reinstated.

The central order group are telling him it could be off the list for the rest of this year, though that’s not confirmed.

So my experience as a BMW owner didn’t really get very far - of all the options that could have been removed, that’s one I have become very used to on my C Class and would not accept the car without. Order cancelled, now looking at a Q5 Vorsprung.

If anyone has any more detail why this option is no longer available, I’d be interested to hear.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 08:02 AM   #2
paulockenden
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e xDrive Touring

It's the chip shortage, affecting all car manufacturers, and also spreading to things like Smartphones too. e.g. the next Samsung Galaxy S flagship is expected to have very limited availability.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 09:11 AM   #3
OM3RTA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport, Audi A3 2.0 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
It's the chip shortage, affecting all car manufacturers, and also spreading to things like Smartphones too. e.g. the next Samsung Galaxy S flagship is expected to have very limited availability.
Came to say pretty much the same thing.
It's also the reason why the new gen of consoles have been scarce.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 05:14 AM   #4
johno
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

I ordered an M340i saloon with Driving Assist Pro yesterday, and having seen this thread, mentioned the possible shortage of parts. The salesman wasn't aware of the problem but checked with someone and came back and said there was only a problem with the M340d (I think, might have been 330e, I guess). I went ahead and ordered, but the answer sounded a bit implausible, so I'm kind of expecting a call soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 11:07 AM   #5
Kipper69
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Garage List
2018 BMW 540i  [0.00]
I too have an M340i touring on order with the technology plus pack, and I haven’t heard anything (apart from the passenger lumbar support delete, but that was already in place when I ordered it last month).
Appreciate 0