Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Incorrect Build

04-10-2021, 10:02 PM   #1
homerles
Rep
Drives: bmw m340i

Incorrect Build

Hey all

I recently took delivery of a 21 m340i, and I love it. However, I noticed later on that I had opted for the high-performance tire/cooling package. That would give me bigger brakes, and 225 255 PS4 staggered setup on the tires. Instead, I got 225 all-season run-flats. I didn't notice this until a month later and I contacted my center.

The guy told me "they must have run out of stock on the tires so they substituted it" And he then continued to tell me that I would have to buy the tires (they are 1k for 4).

I'm not sure what to do at this point. Ridiculous
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 10:09 PM   #2
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
You need to check www.bimmer.work to see what equipment your car has. 10:1 you don’t have the tire/cooling pkg. There’s virtually no possible way they would have substituted 225 all season tires. Have you checked your Monroney/window sticker to see if the option is listed there?
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

04-10-2021, 10:14 PM   #3
homerles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
You need to check www.bimmer.work to see what equipment your car has. 10:1 you don’t have the tire/cooling pkg. There’s virtually no possible way they would have substituted 225 all season tires. Have you checked your Monroney/window sticker to see if the option is listed there?
When I specced it out, and the original buidl sheeet was printed its therem but the window sticker says it has the runflat tires. Also, I didnt notice in the beginning because the wheels were what I optioned...
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 10:16 PM   #4
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Yeah, agreed. That sounds like a total load of crap. I'd be pissed at that dealer if that's the story they gave you. No frickin' way would they replace your high performance non run-flats with all season run-flats on all four corners if your car was indeed equipped with the ZTK package.

BTW, did you actually pay for the ZTK package?? Better check your paperwork. If you didn't, you're in a weaker position as a result unfortunately. On the other hand, if you did pay the money for that package and they screwed you, there has to be something you can do about it. Take it up with corporate if necessary. I wouldn't put up with that shit.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 10:38 PM   #5
Datemike
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 330e

I'm assuming when you contacted your dealer, you reached out to the CA/Sales Manager you were working with. If that is indeed the case, I would start by reaching out to the GM/GSM and explaining your situation.

Be polite, show them all the documentation which proves that you indeed ordered ZTK package and that it's on the build sheet.

I do have a question for you - did you ever track your vehicle on BMWNA's website? If yes, did you verify that the build options listed there had ZTK package?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 10:48 PM   #6
homerles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datemike View Post
I'm assuming when you contacted your dealer, you reached out to the CA/Sales Manager you were working with. If that is indeed the case, I would start by reaching out to the GM/GSM and explaining your situation.

Be polite, show them all the documentation which proves that you indeed ordered ZTK package and that it's on the build sheet.

I do have a question for you - did you ever track your vehicle on BMWNA's website? If yes, did you verify that the build options listed there had ZTK package?
I did indeed use the bmw tracker but it only said 19inch wheels and nothing more so I assumed I was getting what I wanted.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 10:49 PM   #7
homerles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Yeah, agreed. That sounds like a total load of crap. I'd be pissed at that dealer if that's the story they gave you. No frickin' way would they replace your high performance non run-flats with all season run-flats on all four corners if your car was indeed equipped with the ZTK package.

BTW, did you actually pay for the ZTK package?? Better check your paperwork. If you didn't, you're in a weaker position as a result unfortunately. On the other hand, if you did pay the money for that package and they screwed you, there has to be something you can do about it. Take it up with corporate if necessary. I wouldn't put up with that shit.
No it wasn't included in the window sticker and I didn't bother to go over it (after like a month) since I thought everything was perfect (also I was too excited)
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 10:51 PM   #8
homerles
Rep

Quote:

It is not listed in the window sticker but it was listed in the original build sheet. Also when I put in my vin, I get an error. I guess i will try again later.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 02:54 AM   #9
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerles View Post
When I specced it out, and the original buidl sheeet was printed its therem but the window sticker says it has the runflat tires. Also, I didnt notice in the beginning because the wheels were what I optioned...
Again 10:1 your wheels aren’t what you optioned, because even though they may be 19” it’s a square setup rather than staggered. This would also mean you did not get the increased speed limiter. That’s kind of a moot point, ‘cause you’ll never drive over 130 mph anywhere here in the states.

Quote:
It is not listed in the window sticker but it was listed in the original build sheet. Also when I put in my vin, I get an error. I guess i will try again later.
You can also try www.mdecoder.com
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

04-11-2021, 03:13 AM   #10
Talisman77
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '69 BMW M340i xDrive (G20)

Garage List
Quote:
You can also try www.mdecoder.com
I'm pretty sure I read that G20s stopped working with the various VIN checkers because BMW started reusing VINs.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 08:46 AM   #11
homerles
Rep

[QUOTE=tturedraider;27458599]Again 10:1 your wheels aren’t what you optioned, because even though they may be 19” it’s a square setup rather than staggered. This would also mean you did not get the increased speed limiter. That’s kind of a moot point, ‘cause you’ll never drive over 130 mph anywhere here in the states.

No yea I meant as in not the width of the wheels but the look of the wheels were as optioned.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 10:39 AM   #12
homerles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datemike View Post

It's actually crazy. I emailed both the GM/GSM and no response. Their info isn't on the actual dealer webiste so I had to do some digging, but I am pretty sure I emailed the right people.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 10:26 AM   #13
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
No it wasn't included in the window sticker and I didn't bother to go over it (after like a month) since I thought everything was perfect (also I was too excited)
You didn't answer the question. Did you pay for the package? If you got a price quote for the package, and that is what you paid, you have a good argument; if you paid less because they made the substitution, your argument is much weaker.
Appreciate 0