Bimmerpost
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications JB+ on G20 First Impressions

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-14-2019, 08:53 AM   #23
Eagle Creek
Part of the bimmer family!
Eagle Creek's Avatar
Netherlands
71
Rep
190
Posts

Drives: BMW E90; BMWG20
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Isn't there a risk on wearing things out quicker?
__________________
“You can put wings on a pig, but that doesn't make it an eagle.”
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 09:47 PM   #24
g20beam
Enlisted Member
Canada
29
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: BMW G20 330i M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Creek View Post
Isn't there a risk on wearing things out quicker?
Any power mods you do to a car that deviates from factory has a chance of wearing things out quicker. If you want more speed, be ready to deal with the problems that come with putting more load and stress on your engine/tranny.

Pay to play, friend.
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2019, 02:23 AM   #25
Eagle Creek
Part of the bimmer family!
Eagle Creek's Avatar
Netherlands
71
Rep
190
Posts

Drives: BMW E90; BMWG20
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by g20beam View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Creek View Post
Isn't there a risk on wearing things out quicker?
Any power mods you do to a car that deviates from factory has a chance of wearing things out quicker. If you want more speed, be ready to deal with the problems that come with putting more load and stress on your engine/tranny.

Pay to play, friend.
Thanks, just wanted to confirm.
__________________
“You can put wings on a pig, but that doesn't make it an eagle.”
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 09:25 PM   #26
g20beam
Enlisted Member
Canada
29
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: BMW G20 330i M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Creek View Post
Thanks, just wanted to confirm.
I think in this case however it is ok, because the JB+ is just setting your boost to run under high altitude situations, which means it is still within "stock" parameters. So if it does blow, and you take it to BMW after removing JB+, I think they will still replace it for you, but I can't confirm that because I haven't been there yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 03:30 AM   #27
Eagle Creek
Part of the bimmer family!
Eagle Creek's Avatar
Netherlands
71
Rep
190
Posts

Drives: BMW E90; BMWG20
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by g20beam View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Creek View Post
Thanks, just wanted to confirm.
I think in this case however it is ok, because the JB+ is just setting your boost to run under high altitude situations, which means it is still within "stock" parameters. So if it does blow, and you take it to BMW after removing JB+, I think they will still replace it for you, but I can't confirm that because I haven't been there yet.
Yeah and that's why I asked. I never heard about a jb+ but started looking at information about it when I saw this thread. With it being so simple (I'm guessing converting signals between electronics and the cars execution parts) it almost must be using safe values to ensure reaching a large customer base and not going to risk anything by tuning to its limits.

If you say it's using some kind of high altitude value it must be doing something with more oxygen and changed ignition timing I think.

However makes me curious why there is a learning periode involved.
__________________
“You can put wings on a pig, but that doesn't make it an eagle.”
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2019, 02:24 AM   #28
MDG
Registered
0
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 19' G20 - 330i, 18' F20 - 120i
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Africa

iTrader: (0)

Does anyone have any videos of the JB+ accelerating from 0-62mph (0-100kmh) or any other acceleration videos, with the instrument cluster in view?

It would be great to see how much of an improvement the JB+ has in terms of acceleration.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 03:06 PM   #29
msalisbu
Registered
United_States
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: 2019 330i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Just installed it, difference is definitely there.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 06:28 PM   #30
achk
Private
30
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: BMW G20 330i
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Definitely felt the negative difference when I took it off to drive to the dealership for a service 😂

Glad it's back on now and turned up to max!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 07:28 PM   #31
Jmatt07
Enlisted Member
12
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: 2019 330i
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Savannah GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDG View Post
Does anyone have any videos of the JB+ accelerating from 0-62mph (0-100kmh) or any other acceleration videos, with the instrument cluster in view?

It would be great to see how much of an improvement the JB+ has in terms of acceleration.
I second this. It would be awesome to see a video of the difference. I'm interested in the JB+ but its not worth it if there isnt a noticeable gain.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 12:26 AM   #32
lausc
New Member
5
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: BMW G20 320i
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Unfortunately my experience is quite the contrary. I have installed the JB+ since I got the car and now that it has around 500km on the clock, I took it off for service. As soon as I uninstalled it, I noticed the car runs smoother and the jerkiness at low speed is gone. I am not sure about the power gain/ loss as mostly I do is city driving here in Hong Kong. Then maybe some loss but not sure if it’s just placebo. However the improvement in smoothness and responsiveness is definitely here. I’m wondering if the JB+ works differently on the 320i I got compared to the 330i?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 10:10 AM   #33
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
10113
Rep
112,419
Posts

Drives: 2007 e92 335i / 2013 F30 328
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmatt07 View Post
I second this. It would be awesome to see a video of the difference. I'm interested in the JB+ but its not worth it if there isnt a noticeable gain.
Its certainly noticeable.

If you want to give it a try, let me know. We offer 14 days money back guarantee with all Burger Tuning tunes.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 AM.




g20
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST